Omega
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

svftbun

What is your discord username?

meloai

Describe your activity on the server:

I am decently active on the server, usually spanning from a few hours a day, more so on the weekends. I am online more during the evening to noon, though I can occasionally show up online in the morning or afternoon. Being a full-time student, my schedule is bound to change during the summer when I can be more active- currently speaking, most of my classes span to the early afternoon at the latest. The chart below is a general timeframe of when I could be seen online.

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Anytime
4pm-12pm
8am-1pm
9pm-1am
4pm-12pm
8am-1pm
9pm-1am
4pm-12pm
Anytime

Even if I am not online during these timeframes, in most cases I would be able to log on relatively quickly if I were needed online for any reason. I am also able to communicate outside of the server outside of these timeframes, via Discord or Onrain for example.

What is your timezone?:

Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5)

List your current and past applications:

Accepted - Russian Application
Accepted - JSL Application

List your current roles on the server:

Grade-12

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:

SRP - I have been playing on the server a little over 2 years now, though this certainly isn’t the beginning of my roleplay experience, this is very notable for the reason that I generally know how SRP operates, its rules, and the history. Though this is currently limited to a student, I believe it’s still notable in its fact that I understand the general process of EMS from an outsider perspective but also using knowledge from real life.

D&D- I have been in a few D&D games, which I feel are notable due to a campaign I’ve once written for my group. I do not play D&D as much now, having played between 2018 to 2021.

Project: Pixelmon- Project Pixelmon was a server I collaborated with in which we combined Pixelmon with general roleplay of a new region. I was one of the gym leaders and staff within the team, which lasted for about two years. During this, I detailed multiple situations of movesets and multitasked between writing and acting out an in-game battle. I feel like this really taught me how to do multiple things at once, such as moving right after writing an action, or spatially understanding how things are laid out and acting accordingly, such as memorizing where everything is.

CityRP- I have done various types of CityRP among multiple different platforms, including Minecraft, for many years now, and this is exactly where my past experiences playing as a healthcare character goes. I’ve played mostly as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and paramedic, though this isn't the full concise list. I have also been admin and a loreling for a past City-based server, working for a couple years managing between multiple players and working quickly both in the foreground and background.

What is your motivation for applying?

I have been a member of this server for a few years now, watching how the server has grown and changed, evolving upon itself up to the point it is at now. I’ve always wanted to not only be a part of the growth of the server, but also the community that has grown around this corner of the world. I’ve never felt more involved in a community of people who share the same likings, the same goals for this server, and I feel like taking this step is a way of saying thanks- my contributions to making this server what it is.

The reason I’m deciding to apply for the EMS team extends beyond this, though it stems with the same general idea. I have always found EMS work fun and interesting, and I have always found myself wanting to be involved with this department. When it comes to the dynamics of nurses, psychiatrists and doctors, I’ve always felt an inspiration to join and contribute to this team; to work alongside everyone.

I want to be able to expand my RP experiences into concepts I’ve always thought about, and this would give me the opportunity to share the stories I've had in mind for this time, with not only character concepts to introduce, but stories that I have thought of, arcs, helping other people's characters develop, and truly add to the server in a way that I haven't yet been able to do in my current role.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

I am applying as a Doctor.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

Having grown up in a family of nurses and doctors, as well as my closest friends pursuing health work in college, I feel as though I have a lot of experience in real life about hospital work that I’ve gathered over the years. Though my specific knowledge for EMS on SRP may be limited, this is only because while I know plenty of info in real life, I’m not sure what is and isn’t implemented into the game. I will list each of the roles often found within the hospital.

Doctors

Doctors are tasked with providing generalized medical care to patients, whether it be urgent or non-urgent. They are also tasked with prescribing medication, and sometimes minor surgeries. They may also check up with patients in an annual checkup to check their health, current medications, and if any changes need to be made.

Psychiatrists

Psychiatrists work in the psychological and mental health department, which includes diagnosing mental illness, as well as providing medication for such. They are to assess patients and create a treatment plan, as well as speak with them during sessions and therapy to better assist them. Psychiatrists are trained in social and psychological sciences to care for each patient in their wing, as well as a vast knowledge of the different types of mental illness, what to search for in the diagnosis process, and potential comorbidity in illnesses.

Paramedic

Paramedics are the emergency services that respond to 110 calls and arrive on scenes of an injured person. Their work usually happens outside of the hospital, more usually in ambulances. Paramedics will drive to a location and provide emergency care on the spot for a patient, while transporting them to the hospital for better resources to help.

Here are some of the descriptions of job roles you will usually find in the hospital. This is a vague listing of job roles, and does not represent each role of the department. For example, the higher ups in the role will be tasked much more differently than their employees. There are also various tools used depending on not only the job role but also the situation of the patient. I have a general knowledge of each of these tools and devices that you’ll commonly see, such as IV, stethoscope, MRI, X-Ray, PET + CT scanners, defibrillator, monitors, and many others you can find in the hospital.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?

Yes, I acknowledge and accept that I am subject to being demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

Yes, I understand that with the Hospital Staff role it is needed for me to be as active as possible on my hospital character.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I acknowledge this and will be at every meeting while I am online.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Yes, I understand and acknowledge not to take ICly events OOCly when dealing with training and situations. I never have, and I never will.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Maemi Usui (碓井)

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:

Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background

(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Ph.D in Medicine
Minor in Physiology

Character’s Nationality:

Japanese / Thai mixed.

"My mother is from Thailand and met my dad in Japan while she was a travel nurse."

Character’s Marital Status:

Single.

Character’s Religious Denomination:

Shinto.

"I like to visit the shrine on my free time, it's so peaceful to read there."

Character’s Spoken Languages:

Japanese, Russian, JSL.

"I learned Russian in my own time through a language book, I thought it was such an interesting language!"

Backstory (100+ Words)

[This will be written from the perspective of Maemi herself.]

“Check-check, one two? I think this is working... Okay, hi! My name is Maemi, I also go by Dr. Usui, aha. Ah, formalities aside, we are here to talk about. Well… My life! I was born in Fukuoka, Japan, on June 16th. I was raised in Fukutsu, which isn’t too far off in the same prefecture! My life was pretty simple for the most part, there was my mom, my dad, and my older brother, and so my early years were quite okay! I didn’t really do much in my early years, though my dad would always take my brother and I to the Koinoura Coast or the seaside park, it was so fun to be at the coast, I hold many memories there. My dad worked a lot, so times like these I always held valuable. My mother worked as a nurse for the medical center in our city, and so I’ve always been around the concepts of healthcare in my life.”

“You know, when I was younger, I made a promise to my father that I was going to be the best doctor in the world! He was surprised by my statement, and I told him that I would help millions of people like my mom one day. He told me early on that it was a lot of work, and I knew that from how often my mom worked overnights, but I was determined! Since my parents worked so often, my brother and I were usually in daycare, and once we started going to school, it was pretty easy for me to adjust to the learning setting because of it. My brother and I weren’t that different in age, but the way the school was laid out, the daycare was a part of it, so we weren’t always too far off. My early school-life was about average, what anyone could possibly expect from their experiences in grade-school. It wasn’t until about middle school where I was more than able to take care of myself while my parents worked, and so after school, I essentially had the day to myself! I loved to frequent the library and read up on research on just about anything I could get my hands on, I wasn’t social much, but I found my peace on my own!”

“I was advanced in my reading compared to my peers, and so the school’s library allowed me access to the high-school leveled books! Huge deal, mind you. I read those too! Maybe I was a bit of what you call a bookworm, but I liked to spend my free time researching. Much like my mother, I found myself interested in science a lot, looking through all the different types of science: Biology, Astronomy, Mathematics, Chemistry… I was super interested in chemistry at some point, and that is what ultimately introduced me to medicinal sciences!”

“I wasn’t popular in school compared to maybe others in the same setting as I, but I wasn’t hated, either! Maybe it was a true neutral, where I usually minded my own business, though I do like a bit of overhearing drama, shh. I helped in tutoring students a lot, which gave me the funds to keep for myself! I saved up the funding for college, since I decided early on that I was going to try getting into the University of Tokyo! It was such a huge plan for me, living in such a big city, I thought my dream was big, but I was going to reach for it.”

“I started to apply for colleges once I reached my senior year in high school after my exams, and my parents reassured me that even if I didn’t get into the University I wanted, I still had great chances in other options around Japan or even abroad. I remember vividly the day my letter arrived in the mail, and I spent just about an hour just staring at it sitting on the table in front of me- I almost felt like it was staring back… I had to have my mom open the letter for me, who was just as nervous I’m pretty sure, as she blindly turned her head and opened that letter to settle it in front of my eyes… I was accepted! I remember just leaping out of my chair, like, I think I actually cracked my voice with the shriek of excitement when I saw that. Just like that, I was on the path towards my medicinal degree. It was so great; I was so happy.”

“I packed up a total of one suitcase and a purse, and I flew off to Tokyo. Did I under pack? Definitely! Did I regret it? Maybe. Thankfully, the dormitories provided a lot of stuff, but I had to go through buying a lot of new stuff that I realized I actually kind of needed. The first two years of my life were spent in the dorms, but then I eventually moved into on-campus apartment living, which was so much better honestly. I practically spent my entire life from that point dedicated to my studies, and I even managed to excel compared to my other peers! I was always told I was gifted in some way, but this was my chance to really put it to the test. My dedication paid off after a couple of years, getting my degree! Now that I think of it, I didn’t really have any hobbies during that time... Or really, I think my earliest hobby was reading, maybe...? Maybe going to the coast when I was younger, but I was busy following my dreams here.”

“During this time, I started to work in smaller clinics within Tokyo as a receptionist, and as I continued my progress and exams, I continued to rank up in my roles through medical residency. It was like I was getting real-life experience while I was studying, it was great, and I really learned through actually doing the work! I did this for about a year, before I became board certified.”

“That takes us to, well... Now! Now that I've graduated with my degree, I’ve since been approved by the board and passed my exams, making me an officially certified Doctor! It’s really exciting stuff. I returned home for a while to work where my mother had worked in the past- She had retired during the time I was studying, and I wanted to visit them for a while before branching out again. I found a small island with a city that was hiring, and I was interested! I’ve always wanted to travel, and since this island was across the country from my hometown, I thought it was the perfect chance to give it a try!”

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Maemi specializes in general medicines, which follows along with her general liking towards chemistry sciences. Although she can perform the other tasks of a doctor role perfectly fine, she is able to quickly focus on symptoms of a patient and just as quickly produce a treatment plan and set of medication for the case. She is a doctor that takes chances on the more uncommon medications if they suit best, and she considers the genetics of what may not work for patients on a genomic to biological scale.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?

Maemi worked in the medical residency positions within Tokyo's general hospital after medical school, where she worked for about a year before passing the board. This is the same place where she had worked under a receptionist position during her studies, so she was used to the hospital setting while she was learning.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?

Maemi vaguely worked within the clinic of her hometown for a short period of time, before beginning to search for other hospital roles within Japan. Her work mainly involved the roles of a general family doctor at the clinic, while not dealing with anything in emergency, she worked with patients of all ages to upkeep their health and generally check up on them, their medication, and healing progress if applicable.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?

Maemi had a minor in physiology in the hopes that it would improve her chances of being hired, aside from the self-learning she’s done herself of general sciences and chemistry in particular.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Maemi stands at about 5’4” in height, being generally shorter than her peers, though this height does not represent her general strength. Her build is slim with some muscle, indicating some form of fitness to her, though this is usually hidden off by long sleeved shirts and pants. Her jet-black hair stops to the length just below her shoulders, parted to the side with curtain bangs. It isn’t uncommon to see her hair pulled up for work, though, sufficing for a low resting bun with the fronts of her hair resting over her shoulders. Her skin is tan and clear, aside from a small mole on her nose. Her eyes are bright and expressive, usually donned with glasses, her irises radiate a golden-brown color. She is usually found smiling, perhaps in a manner to make patients feel reassured, though she will smile at her coworkers as well.

How does your character act on and off duty?

While on-duty, Maemi is hardworking in the sense that she works her hardest in making sure each patient in her care receives proper treatment and care. She is usually focused on her work, though she will spend time communicating situations when needed, though she may unintentionally be a little vague in the beginning due to her focus. She works greatly in both solo or group settings, though during situations where she is in a group, she will usually opt to have someone else lead. Though she is capable of leading, her more introverted personality causes her to backtrack a little bit in groups and let the others decide the best route of action- unless she sees an outstanding point that hasn’t been made. On her own, though, she is generally able to make the calls herself, though she will ask a higher up if she is absolutely unsure about something. This is uncommon, though, given her knowledge towards medicines, her questions may lie more towards information that she can find herself.

When Maemi is off-duty, she likes to relax in her own time, walking around to view nature, shop for groceries, or read at home. She is not much of a social person, living a contented introverted lifestyle on her own. She isn’t opposed to making friends outside of her workplace, rather, she isn’t usually the person who approaches anyone at all. She is a genuinely kind person upfront and will treat anyone who approaches with kindness, no judgment added. She isn’t someone who partakes much in social events involving many people, as she usually opts to sit somewhere more quiet during an event and not really speak with anyone. She tends to stay away from trouble, making the proper reports when needed, but immediately trying to flee from the situation right away. She is not much of a risk-taker either, with a mild fear of heights, it’s uncommon to find her doing anything that could put her at risk.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?

Maemi works greatly in both settings, though she is able to make more decisions while she is on her own. She tends to let others in the group speak up in group settings, even if she is fully capable of producing her own ideas and thoughts, but she decides to let others speak over unless she is personally asked what she thinks. This doesn’t apply in situations where there’s a critical mistake or error that must be mentioned, but overall, she seems to be more confident in her decisions alone.

In situations of high-stress or emergency situations, she works best in group settings where things can be multitasked among multiple different people, such as an influx of injured patients coming into the hospital. During non-emergent situations though, like a routinely checkup or a relatively small injury, she is fully capable of working on her own to resolve the patient's needs.

What plans does your character have for the future?

Maemi wishes to eventually find a workplace to settle and move into a city fully, spending her life living as a doctor and not having to really move locations much. She hopes that she can live in Karakura and keep her job as a doctor here, as well as find someone that she wishes to spend her life with. Maemi is always about letting the world decide what happens as it goes, not planning much for the future, but rather going with the wind and seeing where it takes her.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?

Maemi can be seen as a very introverted woman, a little bit confused by any mild social cues, she tends to keep to herself and her work or hobbies. She is kind and understanding when she is spoken to, but she gets a little lost sometimes when talking about things that she has absolutely no knowledge on. She is a strong listener nonetheless, willing to listen to others talk about things without doing much talking herself. She is usually able to offer advice in many situations, though this is usually unprompted, she only gives this type of response if the other person is in visible distress to her.

In comparison to how others may perceive Maemi, she sees herself as someone who is dedicated to her work and progress, taking her success as a proof to herself as a person. She seems to acknowledge and be aware that she is introverted, having been that way her entire life, but she does not really catch herself being confused by social cues. She usually thinks that her responses are normal, and her misinterpretations of social cues or expressions may lead to some misunderstanding. She does her most to be friendly with anyone she meets, and she will often lend an ear to those who need it or find the trust in her to talk about it.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread