Notable
Highschool Council | L. "Freja" Svensson

OOC SECTION
-
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

strwbberi

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

There was a small warn about chaining in OOC, but other than this, there has been none. I can ensure that I plan on never gaining another again!

What is your time-zone?:
CDT (Which is only an hour behind EST.)

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):

strwbberis

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Korean Application [APPROVED]
Spanish Application [APPROVED]
KPD Application [APPROVED]

2ND Chinese Application [APPROVED]
1ST Chinese Application [DENIED]
JSL Application [ACCEPTED]

Describe your activity on the server:

I spend on average about 5-8 hours on the server through the weekends, but during the week-days, I'm working and am not home until about 5PM CDT. From there, I usually spend 3-5 hours (or more, it depends) on the server.

List your accounts and roles on this server:

[Grade-12/Grade-12] - strwbberi
[Officer/Goat] - twothousands

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:

Yes, I am aware inactivity will result in removal from the council.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council are students ranging from high school students to college students which are kind of like, what I consider as, the faculty or teachers of all students. It is the student council's responsibility to ensure the safety and togetherness of the students, staff, and community as a whole. The student council are people who have to put their creativity to mind and plan school events, such as dances or other. The student council is sure to help out their peers and communicate with fellow students, other council members, and faculty/staff. Student council is required to demonstrate communication and teamwork skills throughout their job, from planning events, to upholding and maintaining a good community within the school, to making sure that the school rules are followed and respected. Student council must work together as one to make sure that the school is a positive place for everyone there and that memories can be made within a favorable environment, not a poor one.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
Throughout my time of playing SRP, I have noticed the councilors roaming school, etc. Attending different school events (with the assumption that the student council helped host said events, of course) and being aware of the fact that the student council has been able to put their creative mind into the school as a whole has made me want to try it out for myself. I've always been interested in seeing the school from a different perspective than just an average student that attends, but a student or faculty member that gets to see these students from a different POV and be able to put their own mind into ideas and have them actually be done within the school grounds.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):

Yes, I am aware that I will have to put my full creativity and ideas into the student council, as this is one of the many reasons as to why I wanted to apply in the first place!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

PRESIDENT/VICE-PRESIDENT
Student council presidents and vice-presidents are the leads of the council. They are ones who take part in choosing future council members, making sure each council member is doing their job accordingly and not abusing their power, and upholding a positive and motivating attitude to brighten both the council members, students and staff! Both of these roles are the most responsible of the student council, as they are expected to be a role model for not only the council, but the students. Presidents and vice presidents are chosen because they are worthy of the main decision making, helping the most with council responsibility. and are most important within the council as a whole.

COUNCIL MEMBERS
As everyone involved with the council is important, the councils decisions are the most important for all. It is the student council's responsibility to make sure they make good decisions and put all of their effort into associating themselves with other students and council members, to represent the idea of teamwork and admirable communication skills.

FACULTY/STAFF
The faculty are a very important role for the council as they are the ones that the student council will bring their opinions/ideas to and are responsible for making these ideas possible. As a whole, they are most definitely responsible for showing a positive role model to the council and student body as a whole.

STUDENTS
Each and every student within the school has an important role for the council, as they are the ones which are able to bring ideas to council and let them get possibly enforced. Students are very helpful to the council (for example with potential event ideas if there is any they have) and the council would not exist without them!

IC SECTION
-
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

"Well, I would first try to step in to stop the two to ensure that it doesn't get physical. I would advise both of them to stop, but since they are paying no mind to me after this, I'd try to warn them again. If they continue and give no attention to me, I'd warn once-more that if they don't stop then it will be detention or punishment. If it gets further than this, I would ask a teacher or faculty member for assistance within the situation."

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

"Since they were already warned they'd get detention if they disobey and they ran, I would not bother to chase them as this could be putting myself in danger. The first thing I would do was warn other council members and staff that there is a masked student running around the school and could be potentially a danger. I would remember the students' attire and give a best description of said student just in-case they did in fact remove their mask to not get caught and to ensure that they get caught and punished accordingly for disobeying."

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?

"If I saw a councilor abusing power, I would step in by separating the two and taking the council member to the council room or a private area and talk to them. I would talk to them about their behavior and why this is inappropriate and a negative idea of a role model for not only students, but other council members. I would be sure to keep an eye out just in-case something does go wrong and in the situation that it does get worse or they continue, I would speak to council presidents or faculty and let them make the decision of what happens."

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?

"Once said meeting is over, I would ask other council members or staff for information that I may have missed. I would be sure to pay attention entirely next time and possibly keep a notebook to write down potential information that I can read later just in case I forget."

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

"First off, I would ask what I did wrong so I understand what I need to fix. Once discovering said issue, I would say that I understand any punishment or warning that is given to me and that it will not happen ever again. If this information is false, I will explain and provide potential proof that what I did was a misunderstanding from someone seeing incorrectly or a possible lie/rumor. Even if I were to get punished for something that was a lie, I would stay calm and try to be cautious from there on out."

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):

STUDENT VS STAFF SPORTS NIGHT!

"In this event, as the title entails, students of different sports teams will be playing versus teachers, faculty, etc! From basketball, baseball, football, to volleyball, the teachers that volunteer to participate will be found playing against the student sports teams. This event will be found in different areas if not too complicated, like the volleyball courts, baseball field, football field, basketball courts, and others. I believe that this could be hosted within a school day, so people can attend school and be excited to watch the two teams play against each other, with the opportunity to hang out with their friends in the process. Multiple stands will be found within the area or areas where students can buy snacks, food or accessories and then proceed to lead themselves over to the areas where the event is being hosted and watch as staff and students play against each other! The areas could be decorated with various string lights, choice of plantation, different banners hung around, and more that is chosen by event hosts! Of course, a DJ will be playing music for all students to hear and listen to throughout the whole event. If possible, staff or students can be given a special trophy or other item to showcase them winning! This event day could be only one sport and multiple games, just in case too many sports is too complicated to be hosted. If both sports team and staff agree to this, this could go as far as CHEERLEADING! Staff and the cheer team are told beforehand, probably a week or two before, and the select people will work together to write out their own special cheer routine and both will go against each other! If the event is short and needs to be extended, once the chosen event is over, students will have the opportunity to hang around the area, grab snacks, talk with friends, listen to music, etc as the school day goes on!”

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name:

L. "Freja" Svensson

Female

Phone number:

030-508-3587

How would you describe your personality?:
"I would describe my personality as pretty fluctuant depending on how my mood is that day. I am an ambivert, so some days I am extraordinarily social, but some days I am less. Of course, with this position, I will find myself enjoying the ability to form positive relationships with students and fellow council so I am able to bring myself out more within the school! On bad days, I am more likely to be less social, but I will bring ideas and socialize accordingly if it is necessary and if there is, for example, a meeting or other. Of course, having a bad day is not an excuse to not do my job, and I will proceed to professionally deal with situations and not let my negative emotions impact how I work."

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

kody.PNG

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
"I am very easy to communicate with and have always wanted to put my creative mind into school. I've attended various different school events and have been so inspired, just thinking about what potential ideas and freedom with creativity could be implemented into the school and its community as a whole. I've always wanted to discover a job or responsibility that could allow me to help share my own possible ideas into the school events and just everything, really. I do find myself enjoying communicating with people and am able to work professionally and fully to any extent when necessary. I am fully willing to put my time and dedication into this position and make the most of it, as I have so many plans for what I could share with other people to be put into the school and its events."

Why do you want this position?:
"I have heard of other positions and their responsibilities, and hearing this one made me feel like it is exactly what I have been wanting. I am a creative person and think that I could put all of my mind into making school events super enjoyable for both students and staff! It's in between students and staff, and it's what I like about it. I get to ensure the safety of the school, maintain a positive attitude and make so many new friends in the process. I want this position to keep the school rules enforced and upheld, to keep the community positive, and to be able to experience the school as a whole from a different point of view."

What interests you the most about student council?:
"As stated multiple times, I am most interested in the aspect of event planning and communication. The student council is supposed to be a role model for other students, and I think that I can display this well and that's what makes me happy to apply. I, again, have thought of so many possible events that can be hosted, for holidays, seasons, etc and can't wait for ones to come in the future!"

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
"I know I could contribute by bringing more positivity within the school. I have heard of so many negative aspects within the school and it makes me sad to see that memories are made and fights are happening when it could be a fun place for everyone. I have a positive mind as a whole and am good with communicating and talking with people, so I could communicate negative emotions and help to make these negative emotions positive and friendly. It's never good to fight, so I believe some students within the school with a negative mindset could be changed to a positive one and so many better memories could be made!"

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED

Congratulations, Welcome to the School Council! Please ping @[Dean]gotsnapped in the #help channel in the KA discord for your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread