OOC SECTION
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:
aoblossom

What is your timezone?:
GMT-10 / HST

Please provide your Discord tag:
aoblossom

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
PENDING - https://schoolrp.net/threads/ayoblossoms-language-application.72447/#post-252010
PENDING - https://schoolrp.net/threads/ayoblossom-history-teacher-application.72395/

Describe your activity on the server:
I am online almost every day, playing for at least 2 hours each time I get on. I’m normally either running around, attending high school classes, or hanging out with some of my friends while I am online.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
aoblossom
Grade - 12 (Applying for highschool counselor on this character slot)
Grade -12 (Planning to make them a college student)
ayoblossom
Grade - 7 (Applying for teacher on this character slot)
Grade - 9

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
I am aware that inactivity can result in my removal from the council.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is composed of a total of 24 students, with 12 members each for both high school and college. As a fellow student, they can be seen as a more ‘approachable authority’ in the eyes of the student body. Even if they are not faculty, the student council is focused on maintaining discipline among students to create an overall positive experience for all on campus. To achieve such experience for both students and faculty, the council is in charge of things such as hosting school events, enforcing the rules on campus grounds, and helping with detentions. To fulfill such actions, the student council members are not only compassionate, strong-willed students, but also display communication and teamwork skills. May it be between faculty or the rest of the student population, the student council acts as a bridge of communication between the student and faculty. This can be done by listening to student concerns, and then reporting and working with faculty to address such concerns. Due to their central, influential role in everyday school life, the student council is important to ensure safety and a sense of community on campus.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
The primary motivation for applying is the central role the council has in SchoolRP. As stated before, the student council is the bridge between the student body and the faculty. With this, the council interacts with many individuals by doing things such as patrolling the halls or hosting school events. This provides not only a chance for my character to grow but also my personal roleplay skills as well. I have always wanted to develop a character in SRP but I never found the right way to do so. Being a part of the student council would give this opportunity to me and my character.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I am aware that being a part of the student council involves collaboration with other individuals.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
Student Council President and Vice-President
The student council president and vice-president are the leaders, or higher-ups, of the council. If you have any questions or need guidance on anything to do with the student council, these are the people you would want to talk to. With such a high position, these individuals are most likely the most experienced members of the entire council. With this experience, both of these individuals have the most power and responsibility. This can be seen as they organize and manage the council during meetings and everyday activities. If the president were to be absent for an extended amount of time, the vice-president would take their place until the president returns.

Council Members
The council members are the majority of the student council. Though they do not have a similar workload compared to the president and vice-president, all members are needed to ensure that the campus is run smoothly. This can be seen as they patrol the halls, guide students, and host/create school events. Overall, all council members are hardworking individuals tasked with creating and ensuring a comfortable and positive experience for all who step onto campus.

Faculty
From the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) or the Teachers/Professors, the entire faculty is important to the entire student council as well as the school. The SLT are the individuals who created the ground rules, while other faculty members enforce these rules and help council members if needed. The faculty can also help create/host school events that the council plans. Overall, both faculty and student council help support each other to run the school as smoothly as possible.

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

While students gather for a school assembly, one student behaves disruptively, causing a disturbance. How would you manage the situation to restore order effectively while minimizing any additional disruptions to the assembly?

Itomi quietly hummed to herself before answering “Since the student has already caused a disturbance, I would immediately ask them to follow me to the outside assembly hall. This is to have a 1 on 1 conversation with them and to avoid further disturbing the assembly. I would first ask the student why were they causing such a disturbance; perhaps they went through a recent breakup or is having difficulties in a class. After their explanation, I would tell them that they are always free to come to the councilor room if they need any help to deal with the situation and that causing a disturbance during a school assembly is not the appropriate thing to to do. I would allow the student to return to the assembly, however, I would warn them that if they were to continue to cause a disturbance, I would have get faculty involved.”

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
“I would make sure to immediately radio for help in catching and giving detention to the masked student, giving a detailed description of what they were last wearing. I would not attempt to chase the student down since I’m not very…” she’d cough “... physically active, however, I would make sure to walk in the general vicinity of where they ran off to before returning to what I was previously doing. If I were to possibly encounter the student, I would make sure to give them a detention slip myself.”

A teacher observes concerning behavior from a student, including the creation of disturbing artwork and verbal threats toward peers. How would you collaborate with the teacher to evaluate the situation and intervene appropriately to address potential safety concerns?
“Before addressing the student, I would make sure to talk to the teacher who observed the concerning behavior. I would ask if this was frequently happening and would ask for examples of what they were doing. I would also talk to the students whom the verbal threats were targeted towards, in order to get their perspective of the behavior and attitude of the student. If this was a frequent occurrence with a high potential of actual harm coming to others, I would immediately get faculty involved.” she’d hesitate slightly before continuing “Personally, I do not believe I have the expertise to deal with such a serious concern, so it would be best to be dealt with a trusted and experienced adult, however, I would make sure to inform them of the information that I have collected. If this was not a frequent occurrence with a low potential of actual harm coming to others, I would make sure to talk to the student, 1 on 1, about their behavior. I would ask about why they would do such things, explaining that their behavior was inappropriate and I would give them a verbal warning. However, I would also inform them that I am here if they ever needed someone to talk to.”

A group of students asks for your permission to stage a protest on school grounds. Would you allow them to protest? If so, how do you ensure that the protest does not disrupt the school environment while upholding their freedom of expression?
“I would first ask the group of students what they were protesting about. If it is not a serious concern, I would immediately shut it down. If it is a serious concern, I would ask them to explain what they were planning to do. If it was a violent demonstration, I would tell them that they would not be allowed to protest due to its violent nature. If it is a peaceful demonstration, I would tell them that I would be asking faculty, perhaps SLT, for permission for this protest to happen. If it were to get approved, I would personally watch over the protest to ensure that nothing violent would result from it.”

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
Itomi would have a small frown before responding “Well.. I would thank the teacher or receptionist for telling me and I would immediately contact a higher-up and explain the situation in order to get their input. If I were to be found to do something incorrectly, I would apologize and correct the mistake. However, if there was no mistake, I would simply go on with my day. If the teacher or receptionist were to approach me again with the same complaint, I would inform them that I talked with the higher-ups and was informed that my actions were appropriate.”

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event)
Event Detail
“The Karakura High School and College Council invites you to Student Sunrise! Bring your friends over to enjoy our many activities! Take a picture with friends at the photo booth, sign your name on the school banner, eat some delicious breakfast food, or just relax with your fellow students as you watch the beautiful sunrise!”

Before the event, custom apparel for the event could be created in order to give the students a cozy outfit for the early morning weather. This could range from hoodies, pants, mittens and more! Held several hours before school starts, students would be allowed on campus early to reach the roof where the event will take place. Upon reaching the roof, they would see that the area was completely transformed into a comfortable lounge area, with the center being littered with blankets, mats, beanbags, and more for individuals to relax on. Multiple booths were lined against the perimeter, which could be a picture booth, breakfast food, and a school banner booth, however, more booths can be added to give the students plenty of things to do as they wait for the sun to rise. These booths could be run by the council members or the corresponding school club. At the end of the event, all the students would be gathered in the middle, as they all watched the beautiful sunrise.

Extra Information
The banner that players sign would be created by giving players a book and a quill to write it. In the book, they would describe what their signature looked like. (EX: The name "Itomi Hinaji" was written in small cursive with a little heart at the end). Once the event is over, all the book and quills will be collected and written on a digital poster, the design of which will be predetermined. To display it in-game, a possible map art could be created or a sign with a link directing players to the forums. (Since there might be a large majority of players, multiple artists can be commissioned to help)

The actual sunrise would have to be described since I’m not sure if there is a way to show the sunrise. An example is as such:
“As the stars in the night sky slowly disappear, the bright and beaming sun can be seen over the horizon. As the sun creeps over, the dark sky is replaced with strokes of beautiful shades of oranges, yellows, and reds. At this moment, you are faced with a beautiful sunrise as you watch alongside your classmates.”

Personal Information
(in character)

Name:
“My name is Itomi Hinaji!”

Phone number:
“My phone number is (030)-320-6909."

How would you describe your personality?:
“Questions like these always stump me, but I would say that I always try to keep a positive attitude no matter where I go! I enjoy talking and meeting new people, especially individuals who are from a different background from me since I was born here in Japan, specifically in Osaka.” she’d pause slightly, seemingly to think, before resuming “Overall, I would say that I’m a laid-back individual that is just interested in meeting new people, learning new things, and experiencing all the different things life has to offer!

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
“I believe that the main thing that separates me from other candidates is my ability to be flexible. Not in an athletic way though…” she’d chuckle“...but in the sense that I can step up and be a leader or a follower for whatever situation I am placed in. May it be dealing with a dispute between two fellow schoolmates or brainstorming with other council members in creating a school event, I can adapt to appropriately respond to my surroundings."

Why do you want this position?:
“The main reason why I wish to become a member of the student council is to have a positive impact on the campus community with like-minded individuals. With such a diverse student population, it is important to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable time during school hours and events. May it be through patrolling the halls or hosting large school events, I hope to help create a community that everyone feels comfortable and proud to be a part of!"

What interests you the most about student council?:
“The most appealing part about the student council has to be the responsibility to create and host school events. Though this is a humongous responsibility since the entire campus is attending these events, being able to see people actively enjoying them seems like the best kind of reward. This would also include collaboration with other student council members, which would not only open new opportunities but also possible friendships!

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
“If given the opportunity to be a part of the student council, I hope to be someone that other students feel comfortable with talking about their complaints and problems. The majority of the campus is the student body, so it is important to ensure that their voices are heard in every situation. Though it is also important to stop physical and verbal fights, it is also important to understand why such events even happened in the first place. I want to become a council member that you can rely on for help, or to just have a nice conversation with, not a council member that is just known for handing out detention slips.”​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread