mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

How to use/get used to a friend/family member's new pronouns.

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 118
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
Woo! Second pride post before pride month!

Hello! This is my very friendly introduction, I'm V/Vincent and I use They/Xe/He. I'm a fellow AFAB (Assigned Female At Birth) Non-Binary SRP player!

Let's just be honest, people that use a set/sets of pronouns that aren't what was our "sex assigned" pronouns and are out to at least a few people that knew you beforehand, or maybe not, you've been misgendered/had the wrong pronouns used by mistake, most of the time. It happens more often than not but to the people that want to know how to get used to a new set of pronouns that someone, you know, uses.

First of all, you want to ask them how to use the pronouns, mainly used for neopronouns!
  • If you have that figured out then these are some basic steps to follow.
IF you do ever make a mistake with their pronouns, we've all been there - don't worry, don't make it a whole scene like "Oh my goodness! I'm super duper sorry for using (past pronoun) and not (current pronoun(s) )! I will never forget!" it just sounds like you're desperate and kind of annoys most people, doing a simple apology when you've finished speaking like, "Sorry, I meant to use (current pronoun) in that!" or something along the lines of that, please please PLEASE do not stress over this.

Another thing, if they don't want you to tell anyone.. Do NOT they have trusted you with a piece of information that they only want you to know, and maybe a few others, this could cause extreme fear of maybe homophobia or transphobia depending on their situation.

Don't act negatively against their new set(s) of pronouns as it can even cause them to have internalized transphobia against themselves. Even if you don't get them, try to make your questions as kinda and not as rude-sounding as possible.

If they do use a new name, use it unless they tell you "Don't use (new name) and (new pronouns) in front of (insert person)" as they couldn't be out to that person yet because of fears, again, of transphobia and/or homophobia. It's just human decency to not!

Best Glossary
Neopronouns: Neopronouns are a form of third-person pronouns beyond He, She or They. These aren't mocking unless they're made to mock others and usually are alongside a xenogender but this isn't ALWAYS the case! <3

Internalized Homophobia/Transphobia: Internalized Homophobia/Transphobia is pretty self-explanatory. It doesn't necessarily mean you're against LGBT people and believe they're wrong but put it into a term of thinking you, yourself, are at wrong for feeling how you do. It's a form of hating yourself and plenty of people go through it but not everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread