mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KARAKURA NEWS BROADCAST | A New Happy Mayor, To a Very Unhappy City

AllenBUwU

Level 86
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

July 11, 2023. - 31.2667C | 89.0F - Sunny w/ air humidity, chance of light storms - SUMMER

[!] The news channels switch from the weather forecast hastily to “Jim” Yasushi in the newsroom, reporting on breaking news.

[Yasushi]: “On July 11, 2023, former mayor Annabell Sturm was replaced by Ezri Akai during an event hosted. Sturm explains how as much as she worked to change the city, that being mayor simply isn't for her.”

[!] A small pause occurs as images appear beside Yasushi on the screen

[Yasushi]: “With that being said, Ezri Akai, relative of former mayor Kyoko Akai, replaced Sturm. This led to an unlawful assembly that led to KPD responding to the scene.”

[Yasushi]: “Now governor sturm, heald a speech about her stepping down and giving her position to Ezri akai.”

[!] The screen switched to mostly being a video of the speech, with Yasushi in the corner allowing it to play out.

[!] Sturm smiled at the crowd.

[Sturm]: "I hope you all are doing well.”

[!] nodded her head as she looked at different individuals.

[Sturm]: "To make this quick and short, today I am announcing that I'll be stepping down from my position as mayor."
[Sturm]: "In recent months, it has become abundantly clear that the job of mayor isn't suitable for me. In my younger years, I was ready to sacrifice my life to fix this town, to work and work, while neglecting my personal life.
In recent years, that's changed. I've found reasons to take time and enjoy living here."

[!] She cleared her throat.

[Sturm]: "This town needs a mayor, who is young and ready to put years on the line for bettering this community, someone whose motivation is their proudest achievement. It's what Karakura deserves. And it's something I can't offer.”

[Sturm]: "I will continue serving Karakura as a Governor, but I can assure you, your next mayor is someone I know who can succeed where I failed. With that, I'd like to welcome them."

[!] she leaned into the microphone.

[Sturm]: "Congratulations tolEzri Akai, on becoming Karakura's new mayor. I know she'll do great."

[!] Sturm clapped, as she walked away, gesturing for Akai to take the stand.

[Akai]: "I am deeply honored and humbled to accept the position as Mayor of Karakura. It’s with great gratitude that I step into this rule, fully aware of the responsibilities and challenges that lie ahead.”

[Akai]: “I’d also like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude towards Sturm for her invaluable contributions, unwavering dedication and tireless efforts for serving the people of this wonderful city.”

[Akai]: “Sturm has been an incredible leader, working tirelessly for the betterment of karakura and its citizens. Her passion has left an impressionable mark on the community.”

[Akai]: “I am grateful for the strong foundation she has established, and I am honored to follow in her footsteps and build upon her accomplishments I humbly accept the position as Mayor of Karakura, and fully understand the immense responsibilities and challenges that are ahead, Thank you all so much for this opportunity"

[!] The screen switched back to Yasushi, a few photos flashing on screen

[Yasushi]: “After the speech .. and even during some parts, Karakura citizens expressed their disliking to the new mayor, claiming stuff such as it wasnt right as they did not vote ..”

[Yasushi]: “However the decision seems to have been made by those in government already and the new mayor was obviously here to stay. This led into a large ‘riot’ and or illegal protest where KPD had to put up barricades, tase, fire rubber bullets, and so on.”

[!] Lead Reporter DeLuca came in suddenly, passing a note to Yasushi before quickly leaving the set it seemed. Yasushi raised the note up to his face, squinting his eyes before falling silent. He dropped the note to the desk and looked up from whatever other papers he was holding in his hand.

[Yasushi]: “Besides that, nothing more can be elaborated on at the time being. Back to Rocky Thompson with the weather

[!] Oddly, the live broadcast shuts off, switching right back to a pre-recorded usual news feed.

This was Jim Yasushi, signing out.

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on Onrain @KaNews!

Users who are viewing this thread