Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Joe_Kurumi
What's the title of your suggestion?: More frequent public hearings of cases

What's your suggestion?:
I have experienced similar court spectator events, but they were only sporadic. The court should be open to all players more frequently, so that players can contact and understand the trial process of most cases (high-level of government factions can still decide any case) whether a public hearing can be held).
Order can be maintained by police or government faction workers.
Observers are not allowed to speak loudly (only /whisper is allowed)
Create barriers to keep onlookers out to ensure they are not allowed into the courtroom.
Disruption can result in expulsion from the court or even arrest.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
In my understanding, I find that there are still many players who are unfamiliar with the operation of the law and crime-related RP. I hope that the disclosure of case details and open trials can help players better integrate into SRP.
Plus, this adds more RP authenticity.

Aania

Level 169
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Not sure if I'm reading this wrong, but we do have semi-frequent trials. All open to players to watch and listen to. For each we do /events as well, so the player base can get wind of them.
The only time they are not open, is as an example, our simulation trials.

I can understand they may seem "sporadic", but trials are something that have to set up and planned. Which are especially difficult when lawyer, judges, governors, witnesses, clients are all involved and all have different timezones and so and so forth.

Trials usually happen from 7pm CET onward. It all is dependent on timezones

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
What Aania said. Plus if you’re unfamiliar with law and crimerp just ask experienced players who are familiar with it for help or tips if needed. And if you’re unfamiliar with how a court case/trial works just do research online.

Hamburger

Level 188
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
If you’re interested in looking into it in other ways, feel free to look at documents on the forums, they have a lot there.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
what aania said (im too lazy to make a 17 paragraph reply with perfect grammar, spelling and a pretty font)

Miamorchito

Level 21
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
Trials involve many considerations, from determining the defendant and plaintiff and assigning the people to the trial, to running the trial itself. The government cannot do trials out of the blue since we need people to sue another person in order to get a trial going (at least a Lawsuit trial). Aania already tackled it pretty well.

SIMPL3Z

Level 101
Community Team
Lore Team
I'm gonna hop on the trend and just say: What aania said...

There's a lot of trials already

SaltyFollicles

Level 22
SaltyFollicles
SaltyFollicles
Notable
not hopping on the trend becaus im not lame but yeah there are already a lot of trials! theyre extremely interesting, do watch

Users who are viewing this thread