More jobs!

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+
IGN: DevilRP
DATE: March 3 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: More jobs to SRP! it would be great to have more way of income without applications other than fishing and selling things.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: More jobs would be great for SRP because it will add more realism and make it easier to get money for newer and older players! For example: We can have door dash in karakura! Maybe a mix of orders from NPC's and players! And farming and mining jobs! maybe even uber for people with cars! it would add a slice of realism and fun! We could also have item delivery! Like someone could hire you to send an item to somebody! Or an npc hires you to send something to another npc! Plenty of options!

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
It's mostly up to members of the community to provide jobs for other players, since they want to keep things mostly IC. If there is an idea you have for a business or organization, either try to make it yourself or get in contact with players who could help you get it started.

I'm against having jobs that are solely OOC, since it takes the focus away from roleplay. If it were a more RPG oriented server it would be fine, but that's just not the server's genre.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

Currently, there is so many roles that are unfilled because players aren't applying for them and thus we have multiple open slots. Adding more opportunities will 1. Need more people to manage and 2. Spread out the people in the server immensely, meaning that the roles will be too thin. This would be a great suggestion if we had more people on the server, but we don't. Anyways, all in all this would cause more harm than good so it's not necessarily worth it. Oh also, if this happens then we will have a bunch of random roles with no use taking up space on the server and more discords, yeah just no.

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
Originally, I would say that this would be a good idea to implement into the server. But currently, there aren't enough players who are active to fill the array of jobs and roles that the server already provides. If the server had more members, maybe this would be a good idea but as of now, it wouldn't be suitable.

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+

Currently, there is so many roles that are unfilled because players aren't applying for them and thus we have multiple open slots. Adding more opportunities will 1. Need more people to manage and 2. Spread out the people in the server immensely, meaning that the roles will be too thin. This would be a great suggestion if we had more people on the server, but we don't. Anyways, all in all this would cause more harm than good so it's not necessarily worth it. Oh also, if this happens then we will have a bunch of random roles with no use taking up space on the server and more discords, yeah just no.
I mostly meant the suggestion as in just some jobs you can get for a quick buck without applying!

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+
I mostly meant the suggestion as in just some jobs you can get for a quick buck without applying!
Cause theres not much other jobs you can do without applying except fishing and selling items, and selling items involve getting money to buy it. it would be very helpful to have more than just fishing . and would have a touch of realism in terms of the jobs.

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+
It's mostly up to members of the community to provide jobs for other players, since they want to keep things mostly IC. If there is an idea you have for a business or organization, either try to make it yourself or get in contact with players who could help you get it started.

I'm against having jobs that are solely OOC, since it takes the focus away from roleplay. If it were a more RPG oriented server it would be fine, but that's just not the server's genre
True! But there can still be jobs that are like the ones i mentioned and still have roleplay. it could also have a minimum grade/age depending on job and much lower income when its something you dont really have to apply for! This is mostly helpful for those who play on much more inactive times like me! its hard to find a job on srp cause of the timezone i play on.

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+
Originally, I would say that this would be a good idea to implement into the server. But currently, there aren't enough players who are active to fill the array of jobs and roles that the server already provides. If the server had more members, maybe this would be a good idea but as of now, it wouldn't be suitable.
Ive responded to a similar message, you can read above and tell me what you think of the idea!

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
feel like something like a hard cap on the amount you could earn from npc/beginner jobs would need to be put in place for something like this. would hope the end result is that new players get some interesting mechanics to play around with and thus stick around the community, and eventually transition over to the higher paying roles that aren't filled?

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+
feel like something like a hard cap on the amount you could earn from npc/beginner jobs would need to be put in place for something like this. would hope the end result is that new players get some interesting mechanics to play around with and thus stick around the community, and eventually transition over to the higher paying roles that aren't filled?
100% agree

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
There will be nothing that you "won't apply for" I mean; I understand what you are saying, you probably are referring to more official things like EMS, KPD, faculty, etc. But there is other things like player ran stores and gangs ! Another thing to get a quick buck is the auction house, anything else just feels like it would be a hassle

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

There is already a multitude of jobs (see my recent ic report, there's a massive list of them) and a lot of different tasks and commands that come with them. I don't think there's also enough staff to lead each new job, the current amount is already enough

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We may consider adding more roles in future, however if you wish to suggest something like this, include viable suggestions​

Users who are viewing this thread