Now, hear me out....

CanadianChild

Level 20
Canucktism
Canucktism
Notable
IGN: CanadianChild
DATE: Nov 15. 2022.
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:Political RP(Such as elections and debates as annual events in the server to elect a mayor.)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY? This will make the server more active than before and more realistic, due to the fact that elections exist and increase community engagement. It also opens up new ideas for events, and more ideas to extend the lore of the island. PoliticalRP will be quite different than the other RPs since, quite frankly, they are starting to become old and repetitive fast to me. There should be debates for those who have the Politician role, and it engages players more. Plus, it's quite new and will make the server somewhat exciting more.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
SRP has elections for deputy mayor I think, but elections for Mayor wouldn't be good since only staff can lead factions (which includes being Mayor)

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
The server already has a "political" side that you can involve yourself in by applying for a government role. Work your way up, become influential, discuss politics.

We shouldn't be introducing anything new with the government, the only thing that's reasonable is hosting the occasional event to showcase what's going on every now and again (which already happens, and they're pretty poggers.)

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Deputy mayor elections will most likely happen each time a deputy mayor steps down and the governors will be the ones that will campaign for it. As far as mayoral elections go, it's unfortunately a permanent staff role and might I say our mayor does an amazing job protecting the city :D

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+

It's a good idea; however, it isn't an excellent addition to the server because of how it is set up, such as; the mayor's role. Those are only given to staff members because of their professionalism. If the role was given to a random player of SRP, they could easily abuse it and cause some difficulties.

Additionally, you can apply for a lawyer, governor, and judge, here. Also, adding onto the fact of the government applications, if Political RP were added, it would deem the applications useless. Furthermore, it would be too tedious with how things are set up for the government faction.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
This is already a thing we do every so often. However, the Mayor role is given to the faction lead, only a deputy position is available for elections.

Users who are viewing this thread