Omega+
IGN:
Poseter
DATE:
6/19/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Advertisement App
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Some people might be afk during an advertisement made in game, and there's also the possibility that it could be missed. If someone has either phone, there could be an app that you're able to install that could let people advertise their shops. It could even have a countdown like at the auction house.
For example, if someone made an advertisement on this app at 15:00, and they closed at 6:00 or something, the advertisement could go until then. There could also be a maximum countdown of like 24 hours in game, or such.
There could also be an area on the advertisement saying the location, via directions or coordinates. (Coordinates might be better since some may not know where some places are)
Going more on about it, it can benefit the community by allowing people to easily find open shops to pass time, go there with a friend, or shop when they feel like it.​

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
I can see how much this will develop, and of course it will be a lot easier for players to get stuff unlike the auction house.(for players in general, not for shopkeepers as they have other stuff to make an advert with)

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

I don't see this being necessary, you can use the advert self-role in the Karakura Town discord. Shopkeepers will ping the role there when they're opening, I see it quite pointless for a developer to put their time into this while there is already many other things taking up the development list.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

I don't see this being necessary, you can use the advert self-role in the Karakura Town discord. Shopkeepers will ping the role there when they're opening, I see it quite pointless for a developer to put their time into this while there is already many other things taking up the development list.
I mean, itd help with a few issues
1. Not having the ping enabled/being in the discord (cause well newer players)
2. Its just cooler
3. @GemiLightning keeps forgetting to ping people and I like this idea
4. People who don't have discord
5. People who simply don't read pings and yeah

I think an app would be neat, something for shopkeepers maybe even add a little section for when they might potentially open next but I moreso like the idea for auction I just think it'd be a neat idea for shops. Practically what Halota said ^^ (i think something similar to the auction house version was said before. I cannot recall)

+1

ClownRP

Level 15
ClownFacee
ClownFacee
Notable
-1 the idea was great! But I feel like it was unnecessary. The system they have it now is already pretty good. Not only that but you can check the discord server to see what shops are open and get a ping if you want.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
2. Its just cooler

I think an app would be neat, something for shopkeepers maybe even add a little section for when they might potentially open next but I moreso like the idea for auction I just think it'd be a neat idea for shops. Practically what Halota said ^^ (i think something similar to the auction house version was said before. I cannot recall)

+1
There are currently 15 important updates we're waiting on in the development trello, I believe this is simply a waste of time and doesn't contribute enough to be placed behind that number. They are already working on Onrain, I doubt adding another app into the mix would be productive.

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
2. Its just cooler

+1
People who don't have discord still are able to see when an advert says that a shop is still open; that's what most shops do.
If someone doesn't read the pings, that's their problem if they don't know that a certain shop is opened.
Just tell @GemiLightning to put in pings when her shop opens ;-;

Lizalopod

Level 130
2. Its just cooler

+1
You bi-

Also ehhh, -1 from me. This isn't necessary and I don't see it being used all that much.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I agree with most other people who are against this idea, for the reasons they've stated; though if I am to add my own two cents, displaying a start and close time for a shop could be a hassle as then shop owners would be obligated to remain open until they were listed to close. Sometimes things come up OOCly, players may need to log off, and if a shop owner was forced to close before the specified time it could cause players to be disappointed and/or complain about it. Most people understand that we all have lives outside of SRP, though unfortunately not everybody is sensible and has a basic understanding of social norms. (gangrpers lol)

This is off topic, but...
There are currently 15 important updates we're waiting on in the development trello, I believe this is simply a waste of time and doesn't contribute enough to be placed behind that number. They are already working on Onrain, I doubt adding another app into the mix would be productive.
This argument is incredibly flimsy; it's not as though new ideas will take priority over in-progress development, nor should they hinder the devs' ability to work on anything. You could argue that many features were a waste of time to implement such as the phone games or fishing, yet they still exist. Quality of life changes and fun additions could easily be seen as unnecessary or a waste of the developers' time, but most small changes (like this suggestion) would see use on the server by a decent percentage of the playerbase. If they didn't want more potential features, they would close the feedback section or limit it to actual feedback (which ironically there isn't much of.)

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
While it's a really neat and cool idea it's not really needed, mainly the pings for a shop are not only in chat people can just join the Karakura Town discord where shops are also adverted, and honestly you shouldn't miss that ping if you have it on. Again not saying it's a bad idea but its really just not needed.

pashy

Level 183
-1 Town discord has an advert channel

2. Its just cooler

- There are pings for a reason if you don't read them it's your fault
- There is the chat advert too so people without discord can see it through chat. . #advert was made as a second option to help others and if you miss the advert, and can't do the second option to help get you caught up, then I guess it's a miss for you - Good argument though

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
+1

It's a good idea because it's a good idea, and if you're a store owner and u cant be bothered to click another button then :\

Keagan

Level 3
Keagan_
Keagan_
Rich+
+1

I used to miss out on the shop advertisements a lot so its a really good idea, and if someone logs on after an ad has been said they can just check their phone

Users who are viewing this thread