Kurooo__

Level 62
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega
IGN: BuniIsTheBest

DATE: 29/06/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I suggest adding a feature where you can block people OOCLY on the server so you don't have to be insulted on OOC chat or have them constantly harass you LOOCLY. ICLY is fine but it gets annoying being harassed, Nobody likes it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Hopefully this will stop OOC drama and instead just keep things at peace. It will stop staff from having to warn people about things such as OOC toxicity and will benefit multiple people from having their feelings hurt from unnecessary comments

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
+1

Honestly with my time coming back to SRP, it's triggering seeing some old friends from my past who remind me of my wrong doings, I would love to be able to block their /ooc or /looc messages but at the same time /looc may be needed just in case they're talking about a IC'ly topic, I hope the staff find some form of way to add this in

Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
As much as I want to agree with you this could cause problems when communicating conversations between perms or staff members in looc, it could also be abused to ignore players completely during crucial moments or even staff members.

My suggestion, just don't get involved with the people who are bothering you and if they do bother you, report it to staff members.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

When players are awful to you -- the correct method is to report them. That is how you go about truly solving an issue. This 'blocking feature' will do nothing but prelong issues and be another method of abuse for players (being able to ignore players during crucial moments or disrupt communication when important, like how @Customable has mentioned.)

Bit of a blunt take but there are proper ways that already exist to deal with players who are being bad. If players aren't being nice to you and are being toxic then they can be banned -- it isn't that hard to get a OOC Toxicity ban and Staff are more than happy to help you.

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
Good idea but still -1, here is why:

I understand the point where you're coming from and no, it's not a bad idea BUT! SRP is not the biggest minecraft server existing and it's fairly easy to stay away from a person, example you don't have to accept a friend request from someone you don't like or you can unfriend them if they are rude. If you're being attacked OOC I suggest speaking to an admin since the SRP server team is always active and they easily respond.

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
As much as I want to agree with you this could cause problems when communicating conversations between perms or staff members in looc, it could also be abused to ignore players completely during crucial moments or even staff members.

My suggestion, just don't get involved with the people who are bothering you and if they do bother you, report it to staff members.
-1,I agree with, legendary, customable, u can ignore pple in situations where your attention is needed and exploid this. I do want to say however, that it is a great idea and I love that you are trying your best to find a way to make the community less toxic tho I believe this is not how u should do it.

Great suggestion much love!

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Maybe like an ignore command instead like they're name turns to a different colorcode or something idk just ignore them in general and what others have said yeah

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- This would only further complicate chat moderation. Instead, simply report player(s) via Discord #help channels, in-game through /help, or by creating a player report on the forums.​

Users who are viewing this thread