Omega+

GrrAngry’s Psychiatrist Application.png
OOC Section (1).png

IGN (In-Game Name):
GrrAngry

What is your discord username?:
@angryyyy

Describe your activity on the server:
I am active on the server quite often. I am most active on weekends all day, but primarily during the afternoons and evenings. During the week I’m usually free starting from 5pm or 6pm EST to 3am. As long as something aligns with my timezone and availability well, I can log on to the server. My only other responsibility would be school and occasional homework. For the most part I am active everyday as long as I get things in my daily life done. There will be times where I cannot log on for a day or two, but generally I am free every day at certain times.

What is your timezone?:
EST/EDT.

List your current and past applications:

List your current roles on the server:
I have: College-M, Grade-12, Grade-10, Grade-9 (My primary profile is on Grade-10).

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have had many experiences with roleplay. I have been roleplaying (both on Minecraft, and not) for several years now, and have met many people as a result. Prior to finding the SchoolRP server itself, I have roleplayed on different platforms such as Discord and Roblox, so I do know a lot about roleplay terms and have learned different types of roleplay as well. Even before finding SRP, I played on private servers of my own to roleplay with friends and try out different types of roleplay. On SchoolRP, I have had experiences with many different factions, although I have not been part of one before - I know about how they operate, the rules behind them, and the different scenarios that they experience. I joined SRP about 3 or so years ago, so I have become quite familiar with the community and environment.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have never been in a faction on SRP before, but I have been close friends with many people from many different factions, and I have always heard about the different types of fun roleplay they get to do. Being an SRP player for a few years now, I’d like to try out being a member of a faction, and specifically the EMS one since I’ve been interested in it for a while, since I do like the medical aspect of it, and have always been interested in topics like psychology and therapy. If I was given the opportunity to explore those interests through the server, by playing something I love, I think it would expand my horizons and make my roleplaying better and improve the quality of my roleplay knowledge. I currently have several friends in EMS who have talked about their experiences greatly, and I’d love to be part of those same roleplay scenarios. After so many years of being a regular roleplayer on the server, I think it’s finally time for me to explore the other parts of SRP like EMS. Whenever I see a member of EMS using DetailRP in their actions, I think to myself, with my love of DetailRP, that I’d want to do something like that as well. Overall, I think it would be an amazing and honorable experience to be a part of the faction, and my interest in the subject could definitely contribute, although I may not have full hands-on experience roleplaying in a faction.

Which role are you applying for? (Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?:
I know a bit about hospital work and the different roles that exist in the hospital work environment. I am aware that there are many different jobs in the hospital, with roles like doctors, psychiatrists, the director, veterinarians, and paramedics. In addition, teamwork is essential to working in a hospital. Along with working with your fellow hospital peers, you’d also have to work with other factions like KPD in certain situations, like officers bringing in patients to the hospital as paramedics rush to scenes to help the wounded. A doctor might be assisting medically with a patient, whereas a psychiatrist can be comforting a family and assessing the situation. All these roles come together to make the hospital one.

Doctors
Doctors are one of the main pillars, with them doing lots of important primary tasks that fulfill the purposes of the hospital. There are many different types of doctors, since they can specialize in areas such as the cardiovascular system, nervous system, and more. Generally, doctors take care of the people of Karakura by making sure they are medically healthy through checking for illnesses and injuries, diagnosing patients, and treating them with the best care possible. Doctors can provide check-ups, where the patient’s general health is checked routinely by performing certain medical practices to check for and treat illness or abnormal conditions. Cardiologists are doctors who treat illness regarding the cardiovascular system, neurologists are doctors who treat illness regarding the nervous system, and etc. There are many different types of doctors and they all have different levels of specialization. They also perform surgeries to treat illness. Surgeries can be longer and more stressful processes that involve bodily modification to get rid of a certain harmful aspect of the body, or implement something to treat a certain sickness in the body. Doctors work together regularly, and especially so during these surgeries, where people need to perform tasks such as anesthesia to ensure the patient is kept safe during a surgery.

Psychiatrists
Psychiatrists also hold a very significant role in the hospital. Doctors primarily focus on physical health and illnesses, whereas psychiatrists focus on mental disorders and illnesses. Their main goal is to improve the mental health of their patients. Just like doctors, there are many different types of psychiatrists that specialize in different subjects. In the hospital, these many different specialized psychiatrists work together to fulfill the duties of the hospital. People may think they are similar to the******s, but the difference is that psychiatrists are qualified to treat mental disorders with different types of medication. For example, they could prescribe antidepressants, and mood stabilizers to treat someone’s mental illness. Psychiatrists often conduct sessions with patients to assist them in unpacking their condition and lifestyle, and discover the reasons as to why they may be suffering from a mental health condition. They are able to run tests as well, which helps them find the perfect type of treatment for a given patient. They are also very knowledgeable in the act of psychotherapy, which is designed to help patients understand their own condition and help them control certain aspects of their lives that may be affecting them negatively. Overall, psychiatrists help the citizens of Karakura stay mentally healthy through their day to day lives.

Director
The director of a hospital’s primary job is to manage and oversee all hospital operations. Being a director requires you to have a broad amount of knowledge regarding every EMS position, as you will need to understand the daily tasks that need to be fulfilled by each role. Directors talk about management with other high-ranking members of the EMS faculty, and they are able to provide insight into performance regarding a given group of staff or specific faculty member. They deal with implementing certain guidelines and rules when it comes to procedures, and establish things for workers to follow. Directors are essentially in charge of the EMS faction, and leads and higher-ups also help out the director with certain things when their input is needed.

Veterinarians
Being a veterinarian and a paramedic act like ‘certificates’ for EMS workers, as in, you can be a doctor, and at the same time participate in veterinarian work. Veterinarians specialize in medical care for animals rather than humans. Essentially, they are like doctors but for animals. They are able to diagnose illnesses found in animals, and treat them accordingly with many different methods depending on the sickness. Citizens rely on veterinarians when their pets end up catching an illness, or if they suspect something is wrong with the pet’s health. Veterinarians, like doctors, can also perform surgeries on animals if it is necessary - there is also illness prevention, like with vaccines. A veterinarian performs almost entirely the same duties as a doctor, but fitted towards animals.

Paramedics
Paramedics act as the first responders when an incident takes place that requires urgent medical attention. They work with the KPD to respond to emergencies in which patients are at immediate risk. They primarily perform their medical work outside of the hospital setting, and rather end up having to quickly deliver patients to the hospital while keeping their vitals stable for possible operations once the patient gets to the hospital. Being a paramedic requires significant focus and attention to detail, as it can be up to a paramedic to save someone’s life in an extremely dangerous situation. Since they work outside of the hospital, they need to be able to assess a patient’s condition quickly and use the correct medical tools to keep them stable. In many situations, CPR or defibrillation may need to be performed on a patient. Being able to safely transport a patient to the hospital is significant as well. Paramedics need to know how to drive an ambulance quickly, yet also safely to the required destination. They play a very important role for the citizens of Karakura, as they could be the difference between life and death for someone in need.

Although my knowledge of the hospital is somewhat limited when it comes to the details of certain procedures, I am very open to learning and giving my full effort towards the role.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?:
Yes, I am fully aware that I am subject to this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?:
Yes. This is my first time applying for a faction! And this is the only faction I've seen that stands out to me, and that I know I would be 100% dedicated to it :)

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?:
Yes, I acknowledge that.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?:
Yes. I'm familiar with not taking IC to OOC.

IC Section.png
Yummy.png
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Xiaōyu Santiagora

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male, he/him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background (Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Master’s degree in Medicine

Character’s Nationality:
Russian-Chinese

Character’s Marital Status:
Single (Divorced)

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, Shanghainese, Russian, JSL

Backstory (100+ Words)
Xiaōyu Santiagora was born in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia to a Chinese mother and Russian father. Overall, he grew up a very sweet and curious kid. From a very young age, he had always been interested in how people act. When they were out and about, at the supermarket or at the post office, he would stare at people to see how they act around their friends, their significant others, etc. Throughout elementary school, he was always focused in English class whenever they covered books on humanity and emotion. He also loved science. During middle school, the only thing that kept him interested were the fun experiments his teachers would do in class, so much that he’d want to do them at home too. He also learned Japanese after-school, and made many friends with the many languages he could already speak, being such a young child. Overall, he led quite a relaxed and nice life. However, all that changed when his family got themselves into a dangerous situation.

His father had been laid off from his office job, and they were living on his mother’s income, which wasn’t enough to sustain their quality of life. They were being threatened with eviction, and eventually, they just had to give up. However, it wasn’t the end for them just yet. Remembering Xiaōyu’s mother’s side of the family, who lived in Shanghai, they decided to move back there and live with them to save on costs and hopefully provide a better life for their child. He had just been about to start high school when he moved, and there in China he met many relatives he had never seen before. Initially, it was a struggle because of the language barrier, but he became accustomed in about a year and learned it quite well, becoming fluent. Originally, everything was going well, that was, until his father came down with a severe illness that took its toll on the family.

They were told by the local hospital that he had come down with an untreatable disease, and he only had a few months to live. The entire family was overcome with grief, and Xiaōyu especially was frustrated because he couldn’t do anything to help his father. So, he decided that they must spend more time together and wanted to help his family through this crisis. His mom was having trouble because of the mental distraught, but Xiaōyu remembered the psychology he learned in school, and he did some research on how to help his family move forward. He planned family outings so that they could spend time before his passing, and he even reached out to an old family friend who was a the****** for some help. He tried a bunch of tactics, like going out in nature with his family, writing letters with them, doing calming activities, etc. Everything was going well, but his father passed earlier than initially expected. At first, everything was chaos in the family, and everyone was overcome with grief. Yet, Xiaōyu remembered what he had learned, and taught his family to appreciate the life and legacy of his father, and they talked things out everyday to make everyone feel better. After his father passed, he had made a strong decision to help others, and wanted to become like the family friend he had sought advice from. That was when he discovered psychiatry, and he fell in love with the subject.

Throughout his last years of high school, he studied psychology and medicine especially hard, even if it wasn’t part of the regular curriculum he was learning in his classes. He paid lots of attention in Biology class, since he did his research and knew he’d need science to be a psychiatrist in the future. Once he did his search for universities, he found one in Japan, and given his knowledge in the language, he believed it was the right fit. He had always wanted to visit, and he figured it would be a good experience to move there for schooling. His family supported him every step of the way, knowing his potential. After graduating, he pursued a degree and went on to get a Master’s, and found himself undertaking medical school after that. After years of schooling, he had finally passed an examination to obtain the license he needed to become a psychiatrist. With the help of experiences in research and studying with others, he started his psychiatry residency.

After he had reached his career goals, he was finally ready to become the role he had wanted for years ever since he was a young child. He was ready to become a psychiatrist out in the medical field.

SECTION 2 : MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus? (Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen):

Xiaõyu’s medical specialty is geriatric psychiatry. He is actively interested in research regarding the older generation’s mental health, namely their conditions like dementia that tend to onset at such ages. He has always been interested in caring for the health of elders, as while growing up he had naturally developed a respectful empathy for those older than him. In the first place, his inspiration for wanting to pursue psychiatry was discovering his love for psychology and helping his family out after the death of his father, who he had cared for very deeply. When he was a teenager, he would always go to the retirement homes to visit elders and in fact volunteered to help out some centers for the elderly, as he wanted to make everyone’s life a good one. One of his primary goals was to make sure his father felt happy and relieved in his last years of life. By focusing on geriatric psychiatry, he is able to honor his memory while continuing his passion for the overall subject of psychiatry.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?:
After medical school, Xiaōyu undertook a four-year residency at a hospital in nearby Tokyo, which was close to the university he graduated from. Since he lived nearby, he figured it was a perfect fit. It was difficult to continue this hard journey without his family present, since they were still back in China, but he did know a few relatives in Japan, and one was an elder who he had visited multiple times in the same hospital, so he was ready for the work environment and familiar with the residency location. In addition, he had been visiting the hospital itself while still in school to seek out any future opportunities to progress his career. Eventually, he had undertaken an internship after graduating medical school, and it was coincidentally located at a center right across from the hospital he was seeking a residency at. Thus, he was very familiar with the area and knew many of the staff that worked at the hospital already, which put in a good word for him.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?:
Xiaōyu’s main work experience in the medical field consists of his internship after medical school, and the four-year residency he undertook. Since both were very long periods of time, it definitely helped increase his knowledge of the systems and ways of the medical system in Japan. At his internship, he was able to learn the ways in which a hospital operated, the different day-by-day tasks people had to do, and how many different areas needed to be organized in each individual hospital. On the other hand, his residency provided him with more hands-on experience, as he was directly working with patients alongside others, and learned how to work both as part of a team and alone while increasing his knowledge of psychiatry even more.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?:
Other than his degree, medical school certificate, internship, and residency, he does not have any other explicit schooling, but he is actively committed to the psychiatry industry, and thus participates in other activities to increase his knowledge as research in the field continues. For example, he connects with other psychiatrists in the fields who do research in order to find out new ways of treatment and new ways to communicate with clients better. He is always working on bettering his education, despite already finding work.

SECTION 3 : CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?:

Xiaōyu is a casual individual, he's timid, and is a pale man who stands at the slender height of 7’1”. He exudes an expensive aura and has a thin stature with a slim waist that leaves him with a slight hourglass figure. His luscious white hair flows down his neck and down his shoulder smoothly, exemplifying an elegant feeling toward his beauty. A scent of fancy Dior perfume would follow him, and his features consisted of bright eyes fitted with contacts and light natural makeup to enhance his look. His personality, in contrast, is a bit softer than his bold outer image. His facial expression would often look focused and diligent, giving off a professional vibe.

How does your character act on and off duty?:
Xiaōyu acts similarly when on and off duty, but overall he’s a kindhearted man who can be a bit timid and quiet at times. On duty, he takes utmost care in his medical practices with patients. He intricately observes his patients in order to find the best solution to their needs, and is ready to adapt to their situations as he sees fit. On the outside, he may look cold or unapproachable, but on the inside, he’s a caring man who can quickly connect with others, despite any differences they may have. Before administering any action on a patient, it’s a habit of his to make sure the patient feels comfortable and welcome in his space as a psychiatrist. He is calm, collected, and prepared at all times when on the job. Off duty, he acts similarly, though in his personal life he is often alone and does things independently. One of his favorite activities is going out shopping alone, as he loves dressing up in expensive clothing and buying expensive makeup to use on a night out with friends. He takes utmost care in his appearance, and despite his outer look, he is ready to make friends with anyone who shows interest in him and his hobbies. Although he may look difficult to approach to some, he is a caring person who is kind at heart.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?:
Xiaōyu does both quite well. However, he does function on his own a bit better than with others, since he enjoys planning things out in advance, thinking about what he’ll do given a certain situation on his own. In addition, he likes to focus strongly on the task he’s given without much interference from others. However, when it does come time to work with others on a team, which he understands is very necessary in many situations, he does his best to be a team player and works with people quite well. Despite his cold outer image, being the kind person he is inside, he can get along with others very well when working on projects or different kinds of operations that require more than one person to do. Even though he enjoys independent work the majority of the time, he can work in a team very well when tasked to. Sometimes, he is willing to take the lead as well if he is very familiar with what the team has to work with – he is the team member who offers his expertise whenever it is needed, and can help others with their individual assigned tasks in addition to doing his own while in a group project.

What plans does your character have for the future?:
Xiaōyu’s plan is to develop his career further and live a happy and successful life. Although it may sound cliche to some, his ultimate goal is to further his knowledge of psychiatry in the workplace, as it is his ultimate passion in life. He hopes to help others live peaceful lives, and hopes to live a peaceful life of his own too. Living life to the fullest is his motto. He knows life is short, and thus wants to do everything he possibly can to enjoy it. Eventually, he wants to start a family of his own and inspire others to enter the field he chose. In his elderly years, once he retires, he wishes to see the world and travel, and simply enjoy life with his loved ones.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?:
To those who know Xiaōyu, he is a kindhearted man who can help them out whenever they’re in a crisis. To those who don’t know him, they might see him as intimidating at first because of his strong appearance and fashion choices. However, as soon as he opens his mouth to talk, people quickly realize that he’s actually quite different from what his appearance might suggest. Underneath it all, he’s a caring man who simply wants the best for the people around him. As for how he perceives himself, he thinks of himself confidently, as a man who can plan ahead for anything and is prepared for any situation. He puts helping others at the top of his priority list (hence his job choice) and deeply cares for people, including those he does not know well. Even if someone perceives him poorly at first, he still holds them in a kind regard and just wants the best for them. Overall, he regards himself as a focused, diligent, and empathetic person.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread