OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your in-game name (IGN)?:
Polaroidss

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Polar#3998

List your timezone and country:
EST or GMT -5, Jamaica

Describe your activity:
To summarize it, I'm on the server for at least 8+ hours a day, but off on weekends. To get into more detail I usually log on to the server
from 6 - 7 am to somewhere around 6-8 pm, my playtime is limited on weekends but in some rare cases I will play. I have 4 accounts but i play on 2 of them most of the time, vnhkc which is my adult account and PolarLoLs is college. I participate in different types of roleplay, such as JockRP or just regularstudentRP where I don't really take RP as seriously, but on my adult account, is where is roleplay even more seriously, and with some notable players as well.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
N/A

Link any major applications (e.g Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/polars-media-team-application.45339/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/polars-preist-application.44613/ [DENIED]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
Most of my motivation comes from wanting to try something new for the reporter faction, bringing somewhat unique stories
and to try out new delivery methods and styles for reports as well. Last time I spoke to a reporter they said they only report on-
more light-hearted topics and such, and I'd like to change that a bit, I want to report on the darker topics of Karakura-
to bring something more different every week or so. In my opinion, the reporter is one of the rare roles on the server where you can
actually be unique and I wanted to try that for once.

Do you have any past experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I don't have much experience in writing reports and things like those themselves, I'm more into storyboarding and planning
and somewhat scripting. My grammar isn't the best sometimes because I used to rush whatever I write but I'm working on that
and will use this position to better my writing skills too.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am aware and will follow them accordingly.

Why should we accept you over others?:
This is a question I really dislike filling out on some applications, but one reason I think should be accepted over others is what I'm planning to
bring to the news faction and also me having mostly a clean record and will try to maintain it. Another reason is my experiences in the market
and knowing what to do and what not to do while being placed or producing media for the public, marketing is something that I also have
experience in. I used to be a somewhat professional GFX designer and I had to come up with multiple marketing strategies during that one-year period.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, I do, and I will try to stay active during these troubling times.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I do not have much knowledge of this position or what it's really like working as one, but I'll try my best to simulate what I think it's like.
Being a reporter means getting in contact with all sorts of sources and individuals. Finding the best stories to put out and interviews.
All of this can get overwhelming which brings another part of being a reporter, being organized, being organized is very important when
carrying out tasks in this position.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Heng Yu
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g Ms, Mr) Mr. Yu
Current Age (25+): 34

Past job/work experience: I do not have any past job experiences in Karakura, but I was a small writer
during my time back in china

Degree/qualifications: English Literature Minor.
Nationality and born location: Chinese, Beijing China

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?: I would describe myself as a.. curious, maybe stubborn guy, i always tend to keep to myself and try to socialize while doing so, which is a hard task, I've always been able to stay creative and determined. If i had to describe my behavior with one word I'd say "apathetic" would be the closest word, while I do show emotions, trust me I do, it is a bit rare for me to show affection is something I've realized ever since I was young, and that is something I'm still working on to this day.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?: I want to write about the crime in Karakura, it's always interested me how it works along with the system, the behavior, and the activity of "gangs" or criminals overall and their hotspots have always been an interest to me, I'd love to provide insights and interview convicts and to let Karakura know what goes on in the mind of a criminal too. Would I consider stepping out of my comfort zone? it depends on the situation and the kind of report I'm doing, but in most cases, I would consider it.

What are your expectations for the job?: I expect to be enlightened and changed while on the job, hoping to see what i could bring to
the current news team and try to get them a bigger and more active name among the town.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/A

Fluent Languages (Underline your native): Japanese, Chinese

Last edited:

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
ACCEPTED
> Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM mimbs#3801 if you have any queries about the application

Your role will be set up in the discord and I'll shoot you a DM regarding the position soon!

Users who are viewing this thread