What is your Minecraft username?:

SGRoze

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

sg_roze

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

CST

Describe your activity on the server:

I am very active on the server, more active in the evenings on the weekdays and Saturdays then Sundays I'm active nearly all day

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

Nope (I'm a good noodle)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yep, totally understand that if I am inactive I will be demoted!

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

School Nurse

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

School nurses conduct health assessments to evaluate the overall health of students. This includes checking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse rate, and assessing general health status. They provide health education to students, staff, and parents on topics such as nutrition, exercise, hygiene, mental health, sexual health, and substance abuse prevention. They may conduct workshops, distribute educational materials, and collaborate with teachers to integrate health education into the curriculum. School nurses are trained to provide first aid and emergency care to students and staff who are injured or become ill during school hours. They assess injuries and illnesses, administer appropriate treatments, and decide whether further medical attention is necessary.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I would say I am quite experienced, I have been on SRP for about 7 months now, and I have been in multiple P2L’s giving detail in fighting within gangrp, I have also helped bandage people up for roleplay purposes for I have a background of nursing people as well, being apart of 2 families and being one of the family heads to one of them.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

I think it will help get my character more known within the community, building a name for his family as well. With that it will also have a lot of roleplaying purposes as well being around so many people, this also would be really good for my characters development.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Icelandic Language app here
Gaelic Language app here
JSL (Japanese Sign Language)
here

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

2 grade 12 characters and 1 college bachelor character

────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Despite the provocation, he would strive to remain calm and composed. Reacting emotionally could exacerbate the situation. He would listen attentively to the student's concerns, acknowledging their feelings even if he disagreed with their behavior. Sometimes, simply allowing them to express themselves can help diffuse the tension. While maintaining a calm demeanor, he would firmly but politely inform the student that their behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Setting clear boundaries is essential for maintaining a respectful environment. If the student continues to behave inappropriately, he would attempt to redirect their focus away from the conflict. This might involve changing the subject or suggesting a different activity to help shift their attention. If the situation escalates or if he feels unable to effectively manage it on his own, he would seek support from other staff members or school authorities. It's important to involve others when necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone involved. After the incident, he would reflect on what happened and consider if there are any underlying issues that need to be addressed. Depending on the severity of the situation, follow-up conversations with the student, their guardians, or school administrators may be necessary to prevent similar incidents in the future.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

He would quickly assess the situation to determine the severity of the fight and whether there are any serious injuries that require immediate medical attention. If the fight is ongoing and poses a risk of serious harm to the students involved, he would intervene to stop the altercation. This might involve physically separating the students or calling for assistance from other staff members or security personnel. Once the fight is stopped, he would assess the students for any injuries and provide first aid as needed. This might include treating minor cuts or bruises, applying ice packs to reduce swelling, or providing assistance for any more serious injuries until emergency medical services arrive if they are needed. While attending to any injuries, he would also work to de-escalate the situation and calm the students involved. This might involve speaking calmly and reassuringly, helping them to understand the consequences of their actions, and facilitating a resolution to the conflict through mediation or counseling. Throughout the process, he would prioritize the safety and well-being of the students, while also upholding the school's policies and procedures for managing conflicts and promoting a positive and respectful learning environment.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

As a nurse, his first priority would be to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone involved, including the individual acting inappropriately, other school employees, and any students present. He would assess the situation calmly and quickly to determine the extent of the danger and whether immediate medical attention is required. If the situation poses an immediate threat to anyone's health or safety, he would take decisive action to intervene, potentially by calling for assistance from other staff members or emergency services. This might involve administering first aid or providing medical assistance until help arrives. Once the immediate danger is addressed, he would follow appropriate protocols for reporting the incident to the relevant authorities within the school or district. This might involve documenting the incident, providing a statement, or participating in any subsequent investigations. Throughout the process, he would maintain a professional demeanor and prioritize confidentiality, ensuring that the privacy rights of all individuals involved are respected. His goal would be to address the situation swiftly and effectively while upholding ethical standards and promoting a safe environment for everyone in the school community.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

He would be open to engaging in conversation with my colleagues, whether it's about work-related topics, current events, or casual small talk. Building positive relationships with coworkers fosters a supportive and collaborative work environment. While being sociable, he would also be mindful of respecting my colleagues' privacy and personal space. If someone seems to prefer solitude or is engrossed in their own activities, he would give them the space they need without intruding. If a colleague seems stressed or upset, he would be ready to offer support and a listening ear. As a nurse, he understands the importance of providing empathy and compassion to others, even outside of formal work settings. While the break room is a more relaxed environment, he would still maintain a level of professionalism in my interactions with colleagues. This includes avoiding gossip or inappropriate topics of conversation and treating everyone with respect and courtesy. As a healthcare professional, he would also strive to model healthy behaviors in the break room. This might include bringing nutritious snacks, staying hydrated, and taking breaks to rest and recharge during busy shifts. Overall, my behavior in the employee break room would reflect my values as a nurse: compassion, professionalism, and a commitment to fostering positive relationships within the workplace community.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

Treating Minor Cuts and Abrasions: /me He would first ensure the safety of the environment to prevent further injury or contamination. He would then wash his hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before putting gloves on. Next, he would gently clean the wound with mild soap and water or a saline solution to remove dirt and debris, being careful to avoid causing further trauma. Once the wound is clean, he would apply an antiseptic solution or antibiotic ointment to help prevent infection. Finally, he would cover the wound with a sterile dressing or adhesive bandage to protect it from further contamination and promote healing.

Managing Sprains and Strains: /me He would first assess the severity of the injury and ensure that they are in a safe and comfortable position. He would encourage the individual to rest the injured limb and avoid putting weight on it. Then he’d apply a cold compress or ice pack wrapped in a cloth to the injured area for 15-20 minutes at a time, then let the individual know to do this several times a day. He’d use an elastic bandage to apply gentle pressure to the injured area, being careful not to constrict circulation. He would then elevate the injured limb above the level of the heart to reduce swelling and promote drainage of excess fluid. He would also encourage the individual to take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, if needed for pain management.

Administering Epinephrine for allergic reactions: /me He would assess the individual for signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face or throat, hives, or a rapid heartbeat. If anaphylaxis is suspected, he would immediately administer epinephrine using an auto-injector (e.g., EpiPen) according to the manufacturer's instructions. After administering epinephrine, he would call emergency medical services and continue to monitor the individual's vital signs, providing reassurance and support until help arrives. Depending on the individual's response to treatment and the severity of their symptoms, he may administer additional doses of epinephrine or other medications as directed by medical protocols.

────────────

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):

Isaac Huxley-Togomi

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr. Huxley

Preferred Name:

Isaac

Age (Minimum is 25):

Male He/Him

Academic Degree:

Masters

Major(s):

Human Anatomy

Minors:

Biology and Nursing

Nationality:

Icelandic, Swedish and Danish

Known Languages:

Icelandic and JSL

Backstory

Being a twin sibling to my sister Naja, we were always getting in trouble and hurting ourselves when we were younger. I would be the one fixing us back up to health and having multiple mental issues myself. I have been around medical personnel first hand for years and have been learning how to show empathy while also doing their work. Aftering coming to Karakura that motivation never stopped, I was still helping friends I know that get into trouble and heal them back up to health for years on end and throughout highschool I was always intrigued in human anatomy. I would ask many good questions and was constantly curious, wanting to learn more. With my fiance going into the medfield as well, there were plenty of medical science books around the apartment. I kept myself busy reading her books and learning more, thinking I should also pursue this as my career. After going off to college back in Denmark I went to University of Nicosia (UNIC) to study medicine but mainly human anatomy. I majored in human anatomy and had a double minor in biology and nursing which I wasn't planning on minoring in at first but one of my professors there talked about having them because both go nearly hand and hand with human anatomy, he thought it was good to do so. I spent a total of 7 years in college there, 5 of them being specifically for human anatomy and biology working at the local hospital there then got the opportunity to help alongside our college doctor and nurses on campus. This got me intrigued to continue my schooling and my love for being around the student body. I continued for an additional 2 years to get my minor in nursing passing all my exams with flying colors. I got my masters degree in human anatomy alongside my minors in biology and nursing. After coming back to Japan, my new home. I wanted to work as a nurse right away, being around the students always brought me joy as well as my 3 adopted kids being in school. Still, I want to help them as much as I can too alongside others that need medical attention.

Motivation for Joining KHS (Character perspective):

High school is a critical period in a person's life where they undergo significant physical, emotional, and social development. As a school nurse, you have the opportunity to positively impact the health and well-being of young individuals during this crucial stage. Your interventions and support can contribute to their overall growth and success. Working in a high school allows you to build strong relationships not only with the students but also with the faculty, staff, and parents. You become an integral part of the school community, providing a trusted source of support and guidance for health-related concerns. High school nurses play a vital role in promoting preventive health care practices among students. By conducting health screenings, immunization clinics, and health education programs, you can help students develop healthy habits that can last a lifetime. High schools can be prone to accidents and medical emergencies due to the active nature of adolescents and the various activities they engage in. As a nurse, you are trained to respond quickly and effectively to such situations, ensuring the safety and well-being of students and staff. Adolescence is also a time when many mental health issues emerge or become more pronounced. School nurses can provide valuable support by identifying students who may be struggling with mental health issues and connecting them with appropriate resources and services. Working in a high school setting provides opportunities for professional growth and development. You may have the chance to collaborate with other healthcare professionals, participate in continuing education programs, and stay updated on the latest trends and developments in adolescent health. Being able to make a difference in the lives of young people can be incredibly fulfilling. Whether it's comforting a student who is feeling unwell, providing guidance on healthy lifestyle choices, or simply being there to listen, the impact you have as a high school nurse can be deeply rewarding.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I come with a solid track record of delivering high-quality care and achieving positive outcomes for patients. Previous supervisors and colleagues can attest to my dedication, reliability, and clinical competence. I may possess specialized skills or certifications that are particularly relevant to the nursing role I'm applying for. Whether it's certifications in a specific area of nursing practice, proficiency in a particular medical technology, or fluency in multiple languages to better serve diverse patient populations, these additional qualifications can set me apart from other applicants. My ability to communicate effectively and empathetic with patients, families, and interdisciplinary healthcare teams is a key strength. I understand the importance of building rapport, actively listening, and providing clear explanations to ensure the students feel heard, understood, and well-informed about their care. Nursing often requires the ability to adapt to changing situations, handle high-pressure environments, and navigate complex medical cases. My experiences demonstrate my resilience, flexibility, and capacity to thrive in dynamic healthcare settings. I am deeply committed to lifelong learning and professional development. I actively seek out opportunities to expand my knowledge, acquire new skills, and stay abreast of the latest evidence-based practices in nursing. Whether through continuing education courses, participation in quality improvement projects, or engagement with professional nursing organizations, I consistently strive to enhance my clinical expertise and contribute to the advancement of nursing practice. I believe in the importance of advocating for patients' rights, autonomy, and well-being. I approach nursing from a holistic perspective, recognizing the interconnectedness of physical, emotional, and social factors that influence health. I am dedicated to providing patient-centered care that addresses not only the presenting medical concerns but also the broader needs and concerns of the individuals and communities I serve. I recognize the significance of cultural competency and diversity awareness in nursing practice. I actively seek to understand and respect the diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and preferences of patients and families, ensuring that care is delivered in a culturally sensitive and inclusive manner.

────────────

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

None

Do you have any questions?:

None

Users who are viewing this thread