mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

School President Elections

Thomdar

Level 2
This also defeats your point of -anybody- being able to rise above and take the position. We do not want it so only well known players lead us, we want people that have proven to know what they're doing by actually being in the council. I'm done replying, but my point remains, it won't work and it shouldn't be accepted.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
This also defeats your point of -anybody- being able to rise above and take the position. We do not want it so only well known players lead us, we want people that have proven to know what they're doing by actually being in the council. I'm done replying, but my point remains, it won't work and it shouldn't be accepted.
Anyone can, they just have to show their credibility - and therefore become well known through the IC process being through speeches and polls. That is what I meant by "well-known players." I did not mean those with some type of LOOC popularity, I mean who really cares about that? I am talking about those who will use the election to assert their characters amongst those with previous OOC experience.

Thomdar

Level 2
Anyone can, they just have to show their credibility - and therefore become well known through the IC process being through speeches and polls. That is what I meant by "well-known players." I did not mean those with some type of LOOC popularity, I mean who really cares about that? I am talking about those who will use the election to assert their characters amongst those with previous OOC experience.

Back track on me being dumb, I'm here to say once again, slightly less nicely, this is stupid. The votes will either be bias'd or random, I know the US just voted but that system also barely works. We're not letting anyone that's not been in Council be president, flat. It's not up to me, but no one that has held a council role fully agrees with you.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Back track on me being dumb, I'm here to say once again, slightly less nicely, this is stupid. The votes will either be bias'd or random, I know the US just voted but that system also barely works. We're not letting anyone that's not been in Council be president, flat. It's not up to me, but no one that has held a council role fully agrees with you.
You need to place more faith on the player base. On the previous mayoral election, they were given choices and the players picked using LOGIC, however boiled down that may of been it would've worked well if it wasn't for internal issues.

Also, I have read their responses, and for those who don't I am sure you are right, they have no good reason to agree, apart from bias (from the potential loss of rank) I would want to ALSO keep it how it is now, I just think it could do with a lot of rethinking, it needs to evolve, the system hasn't changed at all since it was originally implemented in 2016, every other rank has gone through a lot of progress since then whereas for the most part the council rank has stagnated with progress not parallel to that it could be if given the chance. My views come from an outsiders perspective, i've seen it from the sidelines, I get you have your beliefs that the current system is doing just fine but from the outside looking in, it is only slightly less barren then when it was first created

Xusic

Level 13

Well, the thing about that is that you did mention "well known players" and ex staff and such. In my opinion you are making the process harder than it already is. I really doubt the player base will follow the campaign and also vote fairly, I'm almost certain that it'll end up being a popularity vote. Again, yes it would be a fun event to hold but what will you do when people quit? Unlike IRL people QUIT and leave SRP, but if you are part of the process of electing a new President of a Country or a Mayor, you usually have to stick it through to the end. We can't keep hosting elections for those who quit and keep filling spots. The best shot you got in the election idea is if it's between people who apply for council and run for President, you mentioned that they have to "show their credibility" HOWEVER, you mentioned how ex staff members and community team will apply or well known players with credibility.

Note: For the previous mayoral election, there were ONLY TWO candidates. It was between BOTH owners at the time, Ryanark and Im6. There's much more a difference between what you are saying and you are comparing

Thomdar

Level 2
You need to place more faith on the player base. On the previous mayoral election, they were given choices and the players picked using LOGIC, however boiled down that may of been it would've worked well if it wasn't for internal issues.

The fact is it still didn't work with two mayor candidates that were equally popular. This is completely different. Your point still doesn't work.

Tarxan

Level 25
Politics on SRP is not a good idea in general.

I wholeheartedly agree with every single point that Music, Demurity, and Thomdar had made. It is in fact a good idea on paper, but to execute it with the community we have on SRP is only going to end up in a dumpster fire. Majority of SRP’s playerbase is comprised of students who are under the age of 18, and connecting that to real-life matters, majority cant vote. I say this because then that means most of SRP’s players don’t understand the importance of voting as a whole. When it comes to such a crucial part of Karakura’s Academic aspect, you cannot trust players to make a decision like this.

As previously stated;
I really doubt the player base will follow the campaign and also vote fairly, I'm almost certain that it'll end up being a popularity vote.

Applying this to the current US election, if SRP players were to decide who is to be president, it would end up in disaster. Most can agree that SRP players would end up voting for Kanye for the sake of the meme.
Going back to a SRP scenario, it’s like if say— college council’s vice president went up against "Mr. Clean", a well-known and indeed missed character within the community. Players would vote for "Mr. Clean" because of his popularity and again, for the sake of the meme. Of course now that I point it out, people will become more self-aware, but my point still stands.

You say to place more faith in the community, but you really can’t for things like this. Hence why we have the application system and it’s doing us well. If you want that whole voting system, suggest for Student of the Month to be brought back or something for your popularity vote.

tl;dr srp players don’t have the maturity to properly vote for a council president. whether you want to believe it or not, it’s true.

Users who are viewing this thread