Denied Teacher application

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name):GoldenMidnight
Previous bans: 1 ban for using emoticons in roleplay

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: Often, whenever I'm not busy

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No

Do you have a microphone? My headphones have a microphone but i do not think it is professional

List your current and past applications: I have never applied before

What is your motivation for applying?: My motivation is that i come here almost all day, and so do other people, and it would be good to teach them things as they play because it is fun to learn through video games in my opinion.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?

Yes.

Yes.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I was a teacher assistant for a year and mainly helped out with paperwork and helped in a few drills with permission.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher
Qualified Teacher Skills And Learning
Head Of Department

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I would change discipline as most teachers let loose and let the children do their own thing, and they normally do not point out improper manners of students to staff as well as classmates.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: They are important because they add to the realistic School Roleplay experience.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee:Trainee is the newest that there is. As a Trainee you don't have permission to start classes, you first need to learn from other teachers by sitting in their classes (with permission of course)

Newly Qualified Teacher: You are a step further from being a Trainee and have qualifications to start a lesson however before you start teaching you must check the roleplay documentations.

Qualified Teacher Learning And Skills:You can freely start lesson now but you must discuss and organize when it will be with other teachers. You're allowed to let trainee's into your class, but you can not train them yet.

Head Of Department: It is unlikely to reach this stage however if there already is a Head Of Department you can offer to be Co-Head Of Department. As Head Of Department you must decide what lessons your department will teach.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The MoSCo system: Must have, Should have and Could have

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

My character's name is Golden Deniz Midnight. She has dark brown hair up to her waist and purple eyes, fairly tanned skin and her ethnicity is Persian. She is unique as she enjoys trying out new things and is known to be witty and competitive while also being easy going which isn't a mix of traits you see often. Her outlook on students are seeds who grow into beautiful flowers, and it is her job to water them, she loves to see improvements and sees every child with talent. Her outlook on other teachers are people who she can relate to and trust as they are too here to help children learn. Her personality is known to be easy going, sociable, confident and witty, however at certain times she will choose morals over logic. Her plan for the future is to be a famous historian and have a major break through, she tries very hard to achieve this goal. Her hobbies include baking, painting, writing and photography.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Tell them that words will get them no where in life and that after high school people will no longer be scared of them, i will then politely ask them to stop and if they do not I shall give them detentions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I wait patiently with an displeased look on my face which normally works to get them to stop, if they don't i shall raise my voice which will surprise them as i plan on being a calm teacher in lessons.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? My character would see if they're is any spare work to be done and then crack jokes with her fellow co-workers.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
1> She explains certain things in class and shows information.
2> Give the students an objective in class to write about what they already know.
3>She does a fun game which has History to do with it.
4>She lets students carry on from previous work.
5>If there is no previous work to be done she gives out the homework and let's the class do silent reading or if they've been good that day silently talk for the last few minutes of class.

BACKSTORY

When Golden was young she would love to find out about what happened in the past, and she would love to share her knowledge with others so she pledged to be a history teacher. She had gotten in college she chose baking because her friends would want her too but she didn’t mind. While in college she continued to research history and took online tests to improve her skill, this way she would be guaranteed to give the best lessons she could. In her younger years she had a next door neighbour whom was a historian themselves, and she would go to return and collect book from him as he was willing to help her in her path. Her and her friend had found an ancient Greek scroll from a famous Greek philosopher and was mentioned on the news as well as got a free day at the local Historical museum. She taught for 1 year In England as an English teacher. Lastly she became a teacher by feeling like she was old enough to take the responsibility.

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Golden Deniz Midnight
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s):Golden
Preferred Name:Gold

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Persian and British
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 0

Academic Degree: I have an online Academic Degree in History and a Degree in English Lit from The University Of Manchester

Year of Graduation: 0
Major(s): English Lit and History
Minors:

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Persian/Farsi

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: History

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread