Medium Well
Chewed up bubblegum

Male

"Was it seventy.. seventy six? Seventy seven?"

Height:
"I'm 5'9, but only cause I can't stand up as straight as I used to."
6'0"

Weight:

"In America, I'm 143lbs, but in Mexico and Karakura I'm only 65kg.. Huh, I sound thinner here."
143lbs or 65kg

Build:
Thin, but sturdy, for his advanced age.

Eye Color:
Blue

Hair Style:
"I can't grow hair from my scalp anymore."
Bald

Hair Color:
"My hair was black, but dark brown in the sun."
Dark brown, black

Fashion:
He usually wears the same thing, he used to put on this old vaquero costume to cheer up his little sister, Rafaela.

Abnormalities:
"Just look at me, I'm the spitting image of normal!"
Raoul is covered head to toe in horrendous burn scars, on top of that, he has numerous gunshot scars, but they're not very noticeable due to the burn scars that cover his whole body.
[Left arm]
One in the bicep, one in the forearm.
[Right arm]
One through the cubital fossa.
[Torso]
Three in the abdomen, one in the sternum
[Left leg]
One through the back of the upper thigh.
[Right leg]
One that appears to have grazed the back of his calf, one that grazed his right hip.

Date of Birth:
October 23 1946

Place of Birth:
"I was born in a hospital, somewhere in Mexico City, never found out which one."
Mexico City

Nationality:
Mexican

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Religious Beliefs:
Agnostic

Political Beliefs:
"I never liked to involve myself in politics, maybe I'm stuck in some sort of arrested development."

Appearance:
"I liked to think of myself as a young Ricardo Montalbán, from the 1950 film, Mystery Street, but maybe that was just my ego telling me what I wanted to hear."
A very odd looking Mexican man at 6'0 with no hair. His skin is scarred and deformed wildly, which appears to be the reason for his hairs premature exodus. The wrinkles from old age seem to blend with the wrinkles from his burn scars. Despite his bare scalp, his upper lip sports a few black wispy mustache hairs. He's thin, due to his old age, but not frail, he's still got his mechanic-esque physique, due to years of working on vehicles.

Personality:
Raoul tends to make jokes to lighten the mood, especially when the subject of his burns, or the housefire comes up. He can't stand being pitied, he can't even feel sorry for himself, knowing that he very easily could have died in the fire, like the rest of his family, save for Rafaela, his sister. He's highly prone to making self-deprecating jokes about his appearance, and his advanced age often joking about his arthritis, and the clicking his joints make, and the creaking of his knees.

Character Voice:
His voice is raspy, with a Mexican accent, like that of a heavy smokers, purportedly due to smoke inhalation from the housefire, judging from his appearance.

Voice. (clickable)

Equipment:
"I used to carry around a mask, so that I wouldn't freak out the kids, but that made it kind of hard to go to banks."
None

Clothes:

"I wear Miguel's Petro-Chico jumpsuit, whoever he is."
He wears a green "Petro-Chico" branded gas station attendants jumpsuit. The name tag says "Miguel" but he figured since the gas station was abandoned, Miguel wouldn't be coming back for it.

Hobbies:
"I like classic cars, I used to be a mechanic, I've still got the knowledge, but not the facilities, nor do I want to work anymore."
Classic cars.

Skills:

"Back on the farm, I was the fastest hand south of the border. I could light a match with a .44 magnum from 50 paces."
He's a master mechanic, having decades of experience, also a damn fine shot, having nothing better to do than practice shooting, he's fast, and with deadly accuracy. The years have made him put his guns, (and wrench), away.

Family:
Father (Deceased)
Mother (Deceased)
Brother (Deceased)
Brother (Deceased)
Sister (Deceased)
Sister (Deceased)
Rafaela (Sister) (Deceased)

Backstory:

"I grew up in a place called Hidalgo Ranch just outside Mexico City. It wasn't much, just a bit of farm with a house for three generations of Vejadas."

There wasn't much for Raoul's early life, he was born in Mexico city, and raised on his family farm, Hidalgo Ranch, just outside of the city. He grew up with three sisters two brothers, and two parents. He wasn't the most well behaved kid, his family usually kept him in line, but he still had his fair share of run-ins with the police. When he wasn't practicing with his guns, or helping fix farming equipment for his family, or cars for the people of the surrounding town, he enjoyed reading tabloid newspapers about famous people that he didn't even know. Him and his little sister, Rafaela would often enjoy going to the rodeos, watching the bull riders, Rafaela especially enjoyed the trick riders. One time while recreating one of the rodeo champion's tricks, Rafaela fell, probably because she wasn't riding a bull, onto a rock, and got a funny little scar on her knee.

Crime ran rampant around Hidalgo ranch, Raoul and his father had to protect what little they had from local cartels and small time criminals. Raoul learned that when those types of people found out you were only firing warning shots, they would eat you alive. There were a few unlawful deaths on hidalgo ranch, perhaps at the hands of the Vejada men, the laws were different back then, but they had to defend what was theirs. One event in particular would change the course of Raoul's life, not that there was any avoiding it. One night when Raoul was 21, there was a man, who was just traipsing about all over the Vejada's property with a rifle in his hands. He shouted to the man "Estás en propiedad privada. Si no te vas inmediatamente, usaré fuerza letal.", but the man did not leave, he turned and pointed his rifle at the Vejada house and began firing. Raoul ducked down, he knew his family was inside the house, and those bullets would easily penetrate the wall, he reluctantly raised his .44 magnum and, with deadly accuracy, fired a single shot into the mans head. Little did Raoul know, this man was a high ranking member of a local cartel, a cartel that held a grudge against the Vejadas.

The local gang got together and decided to eliminate every last Vejada in one fell swoop, the very next night, the members of the gang barred the door to their small farm house, and lit the home ablaze. Raoul woke up to the crashing of a load bearing pillar in the middle of the home, separating him from the rest of his family, he was only able to save Rafaela, but in doing so he sustained second degree burns all over his body, third degree in some portions. He sent Rafaela through the window, pulling on his gun belt already thinking of revenge, and jumping out of the window, swooping up Rafaela and running for the hills. He caught a glimpse of a crest on one of the cartel members matching jackets, but in doing so they noticed him running. They never caught up to him, and the two hid out in an abandoned "Petro-Chico" gas station, where he found his trademark green jumpsuit, and the two stayed for weeks. The cartel was mad, so mad in fact they put a bounty on his head to all local criminals. One night he came down with a bad case of the flu, so when he would normally go out and do a little shopping, Rafaela went out, he pleaded with her not to go, but they needed food, and medicine for Raoul's burns, so she went out. She never came back.

"I won't speak of what they did to her. When I found her body, the only way to recognize her was this funny little scar on her knee from when she was a little girl."

When Raoul went out looking for Rafaela, he checked what remained of Hidalgo Ranch, where he found a corpse, it was Rafaela, her body so badly mutilated that he wouldn't have recognized her, if not for the funny little scar on her knee. He gave what was left of her a proper burial, and remembering the emblem of the cartel, he went on a crazed manhunt, he didn't have many bullets but he had enough. He strategically picked off each member of their cartel with a silenced .22 pistol he named Rafaela, it took him months, and a few bullet wounds that he stitched back together in the abandoned gas station himself. Eventually he had to get a new identity, taking the name Miguel, from his Petro-Chico jumpsuit, and over a few years, he wandered from Mexico City to Tucson Arizona, settling down as a mechanic in a small town. One day, when out and about, doing this and that he spotted a familiar face, a woman of the night named Claudia, who bore a striking resemblance to deceased Rafaela. He looked out for her from afar, but he couldn't bring himself to even talk to her, too pained by the memory of his sister. It was the 70s, and there was a biker gang led by a man with the moniker Dirty Dave, they would hassle the locals, and one night, one of their men was with Claudia, perusing her services so to speak. The man took her to a dingy old motel, and the rest of the gang jumped her and kidnapped her, Raoul gave chase, but they were in a car, and Raoul didn't have any vehicle. He chased the men down, slowly picking them off, causing them to keep driving for three days, but there was a difference between them, when the men went to sleep, Raoul didn't, chasing them to a safehouse.

"They shot the shit out of me. I would have died, I think, if I wasn't so full of rage."
By the time Raoul arrived, they had brutally executed Claudia, put one bullet in each of her eyes, Raoul charged in, not thinking about his wellbeing, and fueled by rage. The ensuing gunfight left everyone inside dead, except for Raoul, who was shot numerous times. He managed to drag himself out of the building, and get the attention of a passerby, who rushed him to the hospital, where he stayed for weeks, in a coma. When he woke up, he realized he had no way of paying a medical bill, so he became a fugitive of the law, wandering across the United States, Mexico and even Canada for a brief stint. He settled once again in the 90s with a steady job as a mechanic in Mexico City, where he stayed for 20 odd years, until he retired and started travelling the world, eventually winding up in Karakura, which brings us to April 2024. Whether he'll stay for a while or leave just as soon as he came is anyone's guess.

1714742845919.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread