Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
IGN:
Love_In_Space

DATE:
27/07/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

☆ People can train their own character's service dogs.

☆ Letting service dogs IN TRAINING into the school (hear me out pls)​

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Okay, for the first part:
People being able to train their character's service dog opens up a whole new aspect of roleplay, not only does it let one get used to the other's roleplay style but it also cures boredom during out-of-school hours. Many cons may be taken in such as "What if they don't know what these service dogs do?" or "What if they train their service dog for something their character doesn't need?" well.. For the first question, fucking google it, it's not hard (/nm), and for the second one: I doubt people will end up doing that ngl because what would be the point of it?

This could be taken as an excuse to give your character some form of neurodivergence or disability or make them chronically ill etc. just for the "fun" of it without actually learning about the disability or what service dogs may do for them. This would (most likely) fall under the rule of 3.2 (FailRP) in the rules.

Also to add, do NOT train your ICLY Service Dog to be an ESA (Emotional Support Animal) as they are not classed as Service Animals in most countries (including Japan) as they do not mitigate to one's disability.

For the second part:
This may be one of the riskiest things due to fakes or whatever but these would almost be "applied" for like normal Service Dogs in the server. Service dogs are usually taken out in public around the one year age mark (between like 14-26 months I believe to fully train a service dog) due to them usually knowing what tasks/what to do etc. but to do it in more public and more settings with a lot more stimuli to process.

Having them in school is a risky factor but it's all to follow the first suggestion. Service dogs never 100% get things right - especially when they're still training - and may miss alerts/response/anything else if automatically taken into a place like school if they never had previous experience (when they're around fully trained, not at the age of 1). Distractions in school are a good thing in a way as it kind of desensitized the dog to screaming/yelling/running/intercoms etc.

I know this'll be a flop but oh well, worth a shot <3
Have a great day/night/evening/morning or whatever the fuck it is.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
I see where you're coming from but similar to languages, training/learning is done beforehand. If you want to do some trainingRP, go for it outside of school! Once they get a certificate (ItemRP ofc), feel free to apply and go in school. It would be pretty fun to build relationships and backstory by training a dog to eventually apply to go in school. It'll be straight forward to train beforehand before applying. Dogs in training may make mistakes and distract other students :P

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Most people already roleplay as animals incorrectly, as they assume that animals have some high level of intelligence that would allow them to communicate with humans flawlessly with little to no actual training. I don't trust that most players who would do the sort of roleplay you're suggesting would properly research beforehand, let alone follow through with doing it long-term.

atkoi

Level 27

i see where you're coming from, but as it is people already roleplay their animal characters being able to have the ability to "write out" messages on papers and whatnot, and as it is service dogs can typically go through training with a certified program, not to mention players themselves would probably take advantage of the training ability and make things unrealistic (i.e. gangrpers)

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
APPARENTLY YOU CAN SELF TRAIN SERVICE ANIMALS (alex fr) BUT THEY CAN'T GO INTO SCHOOL GROUNDS UNTIL YOU APPLY AND IT GETS ACCEPTED

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Wouldn't make too much sense ICly. You can always have your service animal mention in their application / biography that you formed a bond/relationship with them during their training, but overall training your own service animal wouldn't make sense​

Users who are viewing this thread