Accepted ♛ D0MINEER | SOO-YUNN HAN - SHRINE MAIDEN APPLICATION

HEXATICA

Level 10
HEXATICA
HEXATICA
Omega+
1715156373834.png

"なぜあなたはここにいるのですか? 。。。 ?私を苦しめに来たのか?。。"
(Why are you here..? Have you come to torment me?..)

SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
-

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
-
[APPLYING] - D0MINEER
1715070645061.png

(This account was created for the sole purpose of playing Han Soo-Yunn. I also have a fox character on this account which grants me the playtime.)

[ALTERNATIVE] | HEXATICA
1715070778290.png
(This account is my main account where I do most of my roleplay on until I am able to play Soo-Yunn again.)

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
-
HEXATICA | HEXATICA#0666
1715071882076.png

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
-
Australian Western Standard Time | WA (GMT+8)
MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
SUNDAY
5 - 11 HOURS​
5 - 11 HOURS​
4 - 9 HOURS​
4 - 9 HOURS​
4 - 9 HOURS​
9 - 12 HOURS​
9 - 12 HOURS
MONDAYS /TUESDAYS ARE THE DAYS THAT I PRIORITIZE MY CREATIVE WORK. SUCH AS TAILORING AND ARTISTRY.​
MONDAYS /TUESDAYS ARE THE DAYS THAT I PRIORITIZE MY CREATIVE WORK. SUCH AS TAILORING AND ARTISTRY.​
WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS ARE DAYS THAT I PRIORITIZE ROLEPLAY. HOWEVER I MAY ALSO BE WORKING ON MY STUDIES.​
WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS ARE DAYS THAT I PRIORITIZE ROLEPLAY. HOWEVER I MAY ALSO BE WORKING ON MY STUDIES.​
FRIDAYS ARE THE DAYS THAT I DO WHATEVER I NEED TO FINISH BEFORE THE WEEK ENDS. THAT BEING ART, QUOTA, OTHER NECESSITIES, ETC.​
WILDCARD DAY - NO ACTUAL PLANS, IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT I NEED TO DO OR WANT TO DO.​
SUNDAYS ARE FOR HOSHINO PRODUCTIONS LOTUS MEETINGS BETWEEN
2 - 6 AM.
THE REST OF THE DAY IS UP TO ME​

"彼女は見ています。 。 。"
(She is watching...)

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
-
I do have a microphone, though its low quality.
I am primarily able to VC at any point whilst I'm awake.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
-
I spend a significant time on the SchoolRP server roleplaying, tailoring or creating art for myself or the community and I am very well known for doing so. I spend a lot of time with the SchoolRP community through roleplaying specifically and I have previously expressed my interest in wanting to join the shrine faction to the other shrine members because of how active I am within the shrine itself compared to the other parts of Karakura, therefore I am applying now.
-
I am well imbursed with experience within this server, taking part in not only the majority of the events spanning within 2020-2022, But as of my return in 2024, I've made sure to be as prominent as a figure as I'd like to be, involving myself in as many events as I can, involving myself in a lot more different types of RP as before I didn't involve myself in as many as I would have liked to and I have built up a solid group of friends and other role-players who I very often spend time with. These role-players have also expressed clearly how much they enjoy my character's and their growth in reaction to the setting they have been placed in. Each day I work more and more towards bettering the lore for each and every one of them, even the animal characters and through that, I've managed to explore new niches within the server.

-
I do my best to stay as active as I can with server activities, even when there isn't too much going on within events. Recently, thanks to Binky and their company HOSHINO PROD. I have been able to open up my own branch within the production company named LOTUS | FASHION AND MODELLING and I have been working towards keeping the modelling agency as active as I can, leading the group of models with the help of Binky, creating events, learning to tailor for LOTUS and introducing other players to the concept of creating entertainment within the SchoolRP lore and social circle. I primarily focus on LOTUS during the weekends, however I could still be working on smaller projects throughout the week or working on the fashion lines we release throughout the week. However, it rarely ever takes up needed time for other activities which is a benefit.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
-
Shinsei Monastery Maiden.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
-
As the majority of my characters identifies themselves with the Shinto religion, it was a given that I would take the time to study the religion myself as to provide leverage in roleplay and to work on the lore within my characters. Shintoism is the most prevalent religion within Japan, having been established as long ago as within the B.C.E years (1000 B.C.E according to sources). The beliefs of Shintoism is that within the natural world, there are ancient, spiritual powers. That being through spirits, the land itself, or those who practice Shintoism.
-
Shintoism Beliefs are primarily based on the morals of the person and their purity within the world. Practicing Shintoism can be as simple as showing your respect to the land and it's spirits, understanding the importance of Harmony within the Natural, the supernatural and the Land.
-
WORSHIP
Shintoists rarely ever refer to themselves as that specific phrase, though primarily accept it as the public name. Those who adherently follow the religion will regularly attend ceremonies held by shrines scattered throughout the entirety of Japan, or will merely visit the shrines to pray or worship the Kami* they believe reside within the ancient buildings and temples. Purity is seen as one of the most important parts of Shintoism, and therefore shrine visitors are vehemently required to cleanse themselves before entering any monasteries. Cleansing Both of their hands, then their mouths and once again their hands to thoroughly clear their systems of negative energies or spirits. In other shrines, they will also be provided with small tablets to hang up in order to ward off spirits, however the Shinsei Monastery seems to not practice the tablet hanging, instead prioritizing the cleansing.
-

KAMI
As previously mentioned, Shintoists believe in the supernatural spirits most referred to as Kami, or demigods. The most known types of Kami being the Kitsune, the Tengu, the Onii, the Jorogumo and more. These spirits are believed to have the ability to bless those who worship them, or provide them with gifts in exchange for offerings from the Shintoists who often worship the shrines they reside in. Each shrine often worships a different Kami with Shinsei Seinaru most primarily worshipping the Kitsune. A mischievous fox spirit with nine beautiful tails. For each hundred years the fox ages, they grow more tails and gain significantly more power and therefore their blessings are far more reliable and sought out. Often being sought out for the blessing of fertility and luck within women.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
-
I stand out as I believe that my character can absolutely make an impact within the shrine. Already being viewed by many as a goddess in her own right. Some even claiming to begin worship within the monastery just to be within her presence. I'm a very skilled role-player, being able to capture many hearts with just a single character, captivating many. My knowledge on not only Shintoism as a whole, but the experiences I can bring the other shrine members through this interesting character and the experiences I can bring to many other role-players interested in visiting the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery is what I believe makes me stand out in comparison.
I bring captivation, suspense and entertainment with each and every one of my characters, all being very unique to the town of Karakura. Being able to build relationships with the other members and those outside of the shrine would be such an interesting part of being within the Shrine faction.
-
Also, considering my previous experience in many other types of roleplay, I can introduce a fun new experience to the other Shrine members and the shrine visitors, bringing up topics or discussions that would have previously never have been conceptualized, or would have simply just been too niche to create a discussion on.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
-

I acknowledge I will need to attend mandatory trainings. As it is apart of the learning experience and can further my growth as a maiden.

1715082472047.png
"あなたはここにいるべきではありません。あなたはこの町にいるべきではありません。"
(You shouldn't be here.. You shouldn't be in this town...)

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
-
Soo-Yunn "Tsumugi" Han.

"You may refer to me as Han. Nothing more, nothing less."

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
-

Lady

"I am of a recent divorce, however I am to be referred to as 'Lady' Han. However, the young may call me Miss."

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
-

43. | 10th October 1981.

"I am a little over forty. Forty three."

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
-
DIVORCED

"Good riddance."

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
-
Korean / Japanese / French Mix.
(Mother - Sun-He Han | French Korean)
(Father - Tsumugi Kokushibo - Japanese French.)

"Yes, I am aware that I am quite the strange mix."

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
-
(030)-756-9303

"Contact me at any time. I cannot guarantee I won't be busy."

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
-

(ICLY RESPONSE)

"I appreciate you taking the time to allow my interview." Han stated as she stepped into the room. "We may begin as soon as you're ready."
The dark beauty pressed her hands atop of one-another at her thighs, bowing to her interviewer before releasing her pose and removing her Geta, placing them neatly by the door. Han's stature was strong and poise, radiating not only beauty but grace as she stepped through the room in her luxurious Ceremonial Kimono.. So strange to have chosen to wear such garments during a professional meeting, though nonetheless it truly wasn't a big issue.
-
Soo-Yunn pressed her hands to her thighs as she stood over one of the seating cushions, lowering herself into a seated position which she then corrected, straightening her shoulders and neatening her Kimono. "As you are aware, you may refer to me as Lady Han, or Han. Either works." Han bowed her head towards the Mitsue, outreaching her hands to take ahold of the lightly steaming tea cup placed before her, raising it to her chest.
-
"It's a pleasure to see the Monastery in such good condition. In my younger years, I would often come to bathe in the springs, drink tea or worship the Fox Kami within the shrine."
Raising the cup to her face, the whiff of tea alone shifted Han's expression subtly, a slight grin appearing, curling on her lips.
"It seems as if you understood my request about the 'tea'. How charming."
-
Han took a sip of the tea, letting the sweet yet bitter drink flow through before lowering the cup down to the table once more and crossing her hands over her lap.
-
"The Monastery. Many good memories, though many unfortunate, yet I still find myself forever captivated. The buildings, the landscaping and that darling little Sakura tree. All as I remember. This shrine was always somewhere I sought out for comfort and security at such a young age. Whether it be confiding with the maidens, the other visitors or perhaps the Kami themselves. Quite unfortunate my inability to visit once I had gotten into Medical University."
-
As Han spoke, her eyes closed. A calm, soothing tone ran throughout her voice as she recounted her love for the shrine. "Perhaps it is time I return that security the Shrine once showed me."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
-

(ICLY RESPONSE)

"A shrine maiden once told me the story of the Shinsei Seinaru. Once a Buddhist temple back in ancient times built by the Buddhist monks. A charming little shrine originally planned to have been used for Buddhist worship. However, in due time, the Shinto religion began to take priority within Japan, since causing the shrine to have been repurposed years after it's creation into the Shinsei Seinaru we all know and love." Han took ahold of the tea cup once more, moving her sleeve over in cover of her face as she took another sip from the warm bitter-sweet liquid. After her sip, Soo-Yunn's right eye opened, displaying an intense, almost foxlike gaze.
-
"The Shinsei is quite an interesting case in regards to other shrines. It is quite large in comparison to those in many other towns, far more grand as well. The Kami must be well taken care of as well. Forgive me though, I will continue." Closing her eye once more, Han lowered her sleeve and placed the teacup down on the table once more, holding her hands together over her lap.
-
"The shrine itself primarily worships the Fox Kami, the Kitsune. As does my family as you already know. Our loyalty to the Kitsune of this land and our worship towards them gives me more a reason to want to become a maiden at this shrine. That, and the various buildings throughout the shrine quite intrigue me. A shrine hall used for prayer, worship, marriage ceremonies and housing the Maidens and Priests within. However, it is also the home of the Kami. A place where they reside in safety and worship. Quite a lavish life, wouldn't you agree?" - "The dojo further up on the mountain just behind the teahouse is where I spent the majority of my time if not in the springs. The priests and Maidens would often hold training for those willing to attend in martial arts. A clan I was once involved within also involved themselves within the Shrine dojo, often holding training. How I miss those days from time to time."
-
Han Reached behind her head, using her long, sharp claws to comb strands of her hair over her shoulder, beginning to very delicately comb through her long dark locks as she spoke.
"Now.. That cave.. The one with the many paintings, engravings and more. I had a delicate understanding of the story being told back then, however in time, I have since forgotten. An incomplete story.. Wonder if there are many willing to complete the story? Those who know the truth, perhaps?"
-
Continuing to comb her claws throughout her hair, Han flashed a subtle smile, peering through the golden rays of sun that shone throughout the windows of the teahouse.
"I remember.. Seeing the Maidens of the shrine caring for the land, a charming sight. Preparing tea for guests, reading Tarot cards for the guests requesting, Cleaning up the shrine grounds, washing the floorboards of the many buildings, polishing the wooden structures, feeding the animals.. A simple yet coordinated life. One that never becomes boring, yet stays rewarding for their efforts. That is a life I wish to live."

"あなたが何をしたか知っています。あなたが何をしたかは誰もが知っています。 。 。"
(I know what you did. Everyone knows what you did. . .)

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
1715084795299.png
TRANSLATION :

(I only recently found out about you, young lady)
-
(However, you still managed to have caught my eye, Saiky.)
-
(I have your files, as you do mine. I like this little game you've created. Mind if I join?)
-
(Perhaps over some 'tea'.)
-
(I could offer my services as a maiden, yes? I always did adore that darling little monastery.)

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

(IC SECTION)
-

"I always felt unfulfilled within my duties as a medical professional, especially whilst handling other family business. I am uninterested in the pay itself, but the medical advancements I could strive towards, yet none of it truly felt as if I was striving towards what I wanted to become. My days as the lead Surgeon of the Kanuk Medical University hospital weren't fulfilling, nor was teaching the many students I came across in the strive of knowledge. It was all something I believed to have wished for. Early this year, I made the official decision to resign from my position as a surgeon and have since been working primarily in deals within the Han." - Soo-Yunn explained whilst sipping her tea, pondering before then continuing.
-
"Early January, I sent my son to Korea. My darling Han, Saeran. I sent him there with the goal of finding two people. Tokugawa Ichigo, and Koji Kosei. The first he found quite hastily. Finding Tokugawa within his first week of arrival which I hear they then bonded after discovering each others connection to myself. It was regretful as to how they come to realize that Tokugawa is Saeran's true father, however I couldn't admit it myself. Not with my spouse still within the family. I have since been aiding both my son and Tokugawa as they live in Karakura. Providing safety and funding to their lives. From what I can tell, they have bonded quite well and refer to each other as father and son." Han looked down to her bare hand, void of her wedding ring. "Do not worry about my spouse. He has been terminated effectively."
-
"Now, Koji Kosei. I'm unsure as of why I felt compelled for my son to discover Koji Kosei. Perhaps it was in curiosity as to the status of his life, whether he had passed or not.. Perhaps it was my natural worry for that true angel of a man. A beautiful darling, a sweet face. Perhaps all it was, was my hopes that such a darling man would be alive and well. I have since been confirmed in the fact that he is doing well." - She paused for a moment, raising a palm to her chest. "I adore him." Her eyes slowly closed, allowing her mind to flood with the older images of Kosei and herself in their primes. "My daughter has since discovered him as well, I'll get to her soon. She's done nothing but praise him to me, claiming many things I already knew."
-
"He's an angel."

"Along with my son, I had sent a cute little maid. One I found suited to follow in his steps, one I promised great fortune to her family for her loyalty. In reality, I truly wanted her to experience life itself, rather than remaining a simple maid the rest of her life as she was so determined to become. Miu-Hua Li at the time. A very small girl, a runt. However, her outlook on life, her fleeting determination and her unwavering positivity in how she views life.. It was admirable." - "It's shocking to admit.. But the other Han and I found ourselves becoming attached to this little maid girl. My children began referring to her as their sister, my father himself even coddled her like his own.. Perhaps at some point I felt myself growing soft." Han sighed softly, glancing over to the tea cup. "As of March, Miu-Hua Li. Became Miu-Hua Han. And I found myself with a third child. One I am very proud of, as I am with my other children."

"If it were not for my children, my Son Saeran, my daughter Eun-Yi and our newest addition, Miu-Hua. I would have never come back to this town. I would have lived my life feeling that sense of emptiness from my work as a surgeon and Matriarch. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have known Tokugawa nor Kosei were doing well when previously I had believed the worst."

(OOC SECTION)
-
Not much is truly known of Soo-Yunn Han. Most of her files erased with very little of a criminal record besides one felony charge of carrying dangerous weapons during a police raid and association with the Yakuza. Besides that, all information on her besides basic identification has been wiped clean..

In reality, Soo-Yunn is a controller. A manipulator and a sadist. Unknown to the public nor the government due to her lack of capture, Soo-Yunn's list of crimes could have landed her with life in prison. Yet despite Han's clear troubling past, She seems to give off nearly a motherly, guardian-like figure to those unfortunate enough to associate with her.

-
-
Soo-Yunn experiences a rather uncommon neurodivergent condition by the name of BPD or better known as borderline personality disorder. she tends to fluctuate through moods, on a whim, whether it is known to herself or not. She also experiences random spikes of rage, self doubt, obsessive tendencies or falling into a shut-out state where she will distance herself mentally and physically from the world and resorts to a distanced, colder personality. In this state, Soo-Yunn shows of more sadistic tendencies, such as acting harshly towards peers, limiting her speech in general, heading off to more secluded areas by herself to hide from everyone and worst of all.. Giving into her caffeine addiction and chugging coffee like its her last day on earth.

Though despite this obvious hinder to her social life, the woman seems to show a rather unique type of personality whenever her mind is clear for the moment and level-headed. Soo-Yunn had been raised to be elegant and sophisticated via her family’s teachings. However she exhibits behaviors of a rebelling teen despite her age of 43. This of course means her sadistic teasing to her peers, whether it is or isn't playful. She tends to be a bit flirtatious in this state, offering a playful yet calm personality.

She often shows distaste in those she sees below herself, whilst also showing empathy. almost as if she pities the ones she truly sees as lesser. This leads to her ****iness and sass, often using her typically attractive appearance and demeaning stature to take control of whatever situation she seems fit and possibly even claiming and taking control of a “lesser being” such as her second-hand woman, 'Hex' Mumu Kokushibo who honestly doesn't seem to mind it at all. This behavior however is not displayed to children. Instead Soo-Yunn will view children as pure beings. Treating them as if they are her own children, spoiling them and providing a warm smile.

Soo-Yunn's need to take control also connects to her obscure possessiveness to very certain items or people. This possessiveness can be shown through verbal or physical intimidation or in worser cases, possible stalking or obsessive information searches she can find. The current worst case of this being her protection over her children. Although she has reluctantly allowed her son, Saeran T. Han, and recently adopted step-daughter, Miu-Hua Han into Karakura, Soo-Yunn absolutely refuses to allow Saeran's twin sister, Eun-Yi T. Han into Karakura. Instead enrolling her into a private school, center of Kyoto.

Although listed above, Soo-Yunn seems to show a softer side along with her older age. It may be a rare occurrence, however, Soo-Yunn can display a motherly attentiveness to certain living beings such as old friends and family such as Sky Volante.-Hanazono, Ichigo Tokugawa, Kosei T. Koji, her twin-brother Tae-min and her step-brother, Hephaestus Tennessine of the Tennessine family, and the maidens of Shinsei Monastery. All of those listed including a few more, will always be treated with nothing but respect and a motherly care.

1715124544110.png

彼女の言うことを聞かないでください。 。彼女の言うことを聞かないでください。 。彼女の言うことを聞かないでください。 。
(Do not listen to her, Do not listen to her, D̷̹̪͎͇̮̞͚̪̓̃͐͗̀͗̚̚͝O̴̧̹͗͊͝ ̵͈͕̻̠͔̼̠͓̿̓̊̓̂̍̀̅̎͂̂̃̕Ǹ̸̡̳͖̹̗̗͔̭̰̦͔̠̓̽͛̒̃̓̕O̷̡̺͇̘̰͓̭̻͋̉͌̈̿͜T̴̡͕͎͖̮͇̦̬̹̦͕̮̈́̉͆̃̓͊̈́͗͆͠͝ͅ ̵̤̲̬̝͖͎̬̈́͑͊̆̊̎́͋̑̒́͝͠L̷̢̧̧̢̨̞̟̹̣̪͖͎̘̀̀̇́̉͘Ḯ̶̡̡̧̠̥̙̣͔̫̞̹̞͇̳͎̋͐̀͂̐͂͝Ś̴̢̘̭̦͎͙͖͚̞̭̞͕̆̽̑̈́̾̿́̉̎́͂̈͜͠T̸̺̝̣͚̩͈̞̙̜̮̫̍̂̍́̾̀̀E̷̘̥͚̠̲͙͇̗̓̓̈́̌̾̆̿͐̾̑̓́͜͝͠N̷̖̖͇̯̈͛̈́̽̊͊͆̋̿͂͠ ̶̤͇̫̓̚͝T̷̢̪̰̥̞͔͙̪̳̱̲̰̠͇̑͛͌̑̎̅͋͘̚Ō̷̘̪̹̹̠̞ ̸̨̨̧͕̱̯̩͓̝͈̰̀̂̆̏̈́̋̂̓͗̀́̉̚͜͠Ĥ̸̨͈̯̜̯̰̏̐̈́̄̓̋͝Ë̷͓̟͕̙̣̬͔̟̟͍͙̦̭́̒̂͑̈́̉̀̏̚̚̕͘͝ͅR̸̢͖̝̣̝̭̭̫͑̃̍̚͝)

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
-

"Priests and Shrine maidens have quite similar roles, all with the priority of keeping the shrine pristine for the Kami and guests. Maidens specifically all share the duties of keeping the peace within the shrine, as do the priests. Performing the Kagura dance is a maiden's greatest duty, learning the intricate performance of the dance itself to present to those who bear witness of the Kami's presence within the Monastery. Kagura dances are said to be 'God's entertainment'.. I wonder if the Kami truly do find the dances entertaining." - "An older maiden I used to know would be constantly restoring structures within the shrine to their former glory. Whether it be polishing the old wood, replacing parts or entirely recreating them. An admirable woman, I admit. I often found her also feeding the Koi within the Koi ponds or handing out treats to the foxes that would visit. A true maiden in my eyes, always attending to her duties. Now, Priests aren't particularly too far off from maidens. If anything, they share most duties. However, Priests take priority somewhat as they are the ones in most personal contact with the Kami of the shrines and the ones that take the lead of ceremonies within the monastery, such as the yearly festivals or wedding ceremonies."

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
-

"Once you approach the Temizuya, it must be made very clear that you are entering religious and peaceful grounds. Violence, aggression or negatively is strictly forbidden from the Monastery. These are sacred grounds and therefore should be treated as such. Once you have taken that into mind, you may take the Ladle of the Hishaku with your right hand, not your left like many believe. Scoop up a reasonable amount of water from the well and with the ladle, pour it into your left palm at an angle that allows the water to flow down your wrist and forearm." - "Once you've done so, go ahead with the opposite hand. Once your hands are thoroughly cleansed, take the ladle and scoop some water into your hand which you will then pour into your mouth to cleanse and rinse. After a thorough rinse, spit out the water and scoop the ladle one last time. Tilt it towards the water, handle-down to allow the water to cleanse the ladle before you may enter."

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
-

"Offerings are as simple as dropping a mere 100 yen into the shrine offering box. The box can be found in the center shrine building atop the stairs and past the torii. Make sure to bow before passing the Torii on your way in. Once you have made the offering of 100yen, you will then need to ring the bell above the prayer box, Bow twice in prayer then clap twice. To complete the prayer, you will need to bow once more." - "A quick note, Some Kami offer food or other gifts as offerings."

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
-

"Ah yes, the Tea Ceremony ritual? I oftentimes would participate in these rituals back in my younger days. They would typically follow the same course. Two tea cups. One of thinner, sharper tea, the other a cup of a thicker tea. The thicker tea was typically served first, followed by the thinner. The maiden would start off by boiling a small portion of water within the kettle, gradually adding more and more matcha until it reaches a good balance between three parts of matcha to one part water. This creates the thicker, creamier tea. On the other hand, the thinner tea instead uses far more water than matcha." - "Traditionally, to prepare the ceremony, you are given the kettle, the tea bowl, matcha, a strainer and the whisk. The Maidens will begin preparing the tea for the guests to watch, meticulously preparing the matcha using the whisk and tea bowl as the guests rest. It is a given that during the ceremony, only tea will be consumed. Other consumables are forbidden throughout the ceremony as to not sour the tea by exposure."

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
-

"Strangely enough, I have never had the pleasure of hanging up my own Tamagushi. Said to be a religious offering to the Kami, Tamagushi are apart of many Shinto ceremonies and rituals, being used to cleanse and purify. They are often also used to show your respect and devotion to the Kami. Small paper talismans in a strange shape, much like a braid. These talismans would decorate the Sakagi branches all over, as if they were the leaves. Unfortunate how I never got to experience hanging one of my own." - "The Ofuda.? A darling little tablet mainly made of sacred papers or pieces of wood. They're typically engraved with prayers, however in other circumstances, they could also be engraved with prayers or religious symbols.. Some even bare the names of the Kami. Oftentimes, these tablets are seen as cursed or blessed items and may effect whatever comes in contact depending on whatever is engraved or the specific curse imbued." - "Ah, my favorite part of the Kagura dance, the Kagura Suzu. A stunning set of golden bells, each ring of the bells purifies those onlooking the dance with their divine, blessed power. Just as beautiful as those who use them."

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
-

"For many, many generations, as long as our family has been recorded, we have all been in worship of the Fox Kami, the Kitsune. However to be far more specific, Okami Inari. All of the Han including myself heavily associate ourselves with the Kitsune." - Han pointed to the painted Kitsune marks painting her beautiful face...

1715156237403.png

FAQ

I don't know anything about shintoism, can I still apply?
Yes, yes you can! If you're accepted and become a trainee, you'll be trained on the basics of shintoism.
How old does my character have to be? 21-80
Can my character have dyed hair and/or tattoos? Although at real life Shinto shrines you cannot work there with dyed hair or tattoos, the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery will allow you to work there regardless.
What if my character has a criminal record?: Working at the shrine is a great place to begin reforming yourself and pursuing a new path, of course you can still work as a priest or maiden even after being incarcerated.

DivingBlues

Level 64
Shrine Lead
Builder
Accepted

Welcome to the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery!
Congratulations, as a team we have chosen to accept your application as a maiden!

As a new shrine member you will begin your training under the shrine higher ups, please also make sure that if you aren’t already a part of the Karakura Town discord to receive your roles.

Any further questions please DM me via discord by divingblues.

https://discord.gg/pMtRP23t

Users who are viewing this thread