mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

-

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
So I can get where you're coming from in the post, but I think it works better in theory than in practice. The idea of having overdoses & whatnot as a murder method could be interesting and funky but the problems start to arise when you look at the implications. Doing an insulin overdose means the other person has to know how to roleplay that out, and by the time they can do the quick research to figure out what on earth they're supposed to be acting the death timer's probably already up- This especially applies if you're trying to get statistics or figuring out what an obscure medication does when you take too much.

It wouldn't quite solve the issue of /me stabs either, in the past someone has tried to do the insulin pen to death and it was the same as using a katana. You just action out stabbing someone's neck & injecting it. If you wanted to say, drug someone with a medication via food then you have the issue of needing to be present and having some way to verify the person ate the food- But I doubt most gangrpers are interested in a much more subtle death.

In general though, I do think gangrpers need to get a bit more creative but in my opinion the "being more creative" comes from leaning away from murder in general since that kills tension and makes it so you can't actually interact with the other person (since they're dead, or you're dead) You can't be angry at someone in-character if you're dead, which means you can't make a little plotline about gangs being salty at each other if everyone knows they'll just get killed for trying to do it.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
-1/+1
Uh... Injecting insuline to someone that doesn't need it would instantly kill them, and I'm pretty sure that insta-kill is still not permitted.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Plus, I got to agree with @Yume_, it won't change the fact that gangrpers need to get more creative. I will continue to repeat this: gangrp neds more creativity regarding lore. Killing characters is not creativity nor development.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega

So over-complicated for no reason whatsoever. You make this post with the first point being "As most of the people know, GangRP is all about doing actions like ‘/me stabs . . .’ , I hope that I am not the only person that thinks that it starts to get boring."- I don't really see how any of this can help that, you're basically suggesting 'Using Medical Items to Kill'. I expected this to go into detail about making GangRP do better detailed /me's but I guess I was mistake, either way this system doesn't make sense to allow and has caused no issues thus far

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
lol one of my old characters was a serial killer and used syringes as his primary weapon of choice, although I wouldn't consider it gangrp as much as I wasn't doing it with the help of a gang

Although I do think stuff like syringes and all of that should be given known restrictions in the weapon thread instead of being left up to the attacker/victim (or both) to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread