mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

7th Attribute / Hud Arrangement

punkspyda

Level 4
What's your Minecraft Username?: punkspyda
What's the title of your suggestion?: 7th Attribute / Hud Arrangement

What's your suggestion?:
A stamina bar should be added somewhere on the Hud, as there should also be an attribute dedicated to it.

Potential Concept:
Running = Draining Stamina
Standing Still = Regenerating Stamina (Holding your breath)
Walking = No Effect
No Stamina (All the way down) = Slowness Effect

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I feel like this would benefit general roleplay for players because it adds balancing gameplay, realism, environmental challenges, pacing & tension, and character differentiation.

Pros:
- Characters have real life limitations on their physical abilities.
- It would benefit Track as an IC sport.
- It would benefit KPD/Crime.
- Could potentially benefit CombatRP. (?)

Cons:
- I could see it getting really annoying to people.

There are more pros than cons, unless there is other stuff I haven't considered. (Let me know?)

skixd!!

Level 27
SkiXD
SkiXD
Omega+
I don't get the point as Kimi said that there is going to be an attribute update in the future that will help with all of those and help balance things out. Still, one of the pros states it could potentially benefit CombatRP but it has been slowly dying down as well as GangRP in the community with a lot of people quitting so I don't think it would help that. BUT it could help & benefit Track as an IC sport giving more people the opportunity to try out and become a part of the team.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Under no circumstances should we ever re-introduce stamina. It was one of the attributes that we got when they were rolled out for the very first time, and it was unanimously hated by everyone. To add to the list of cons, it would make attributes even more difficult to grind for, make general movement around the map much slower (which only annoys players who aren't in a chase scenario), and be a general nuisance for most sports.

This is the type of thing that is realistic, but is just tedious when put into practice.

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega

While it would be more realistic in a sense, I feel this is one of those things that aren't needed and would just annoy people

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+

This would be a fun feature to see in the game, but I don't really see it getting anywhere except just people getting frustrated over it in the end.

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

Honestly, I have been thinking about this for a couple of days and I am for this. Your main question might be 'why?' well, a few reasons.

1. It could give more of a roleplay aspect with the whole running system than just us constantly running without a negative aspect when irl/other games they have a stamina bar to focus on.

2. For a KPD/gangrp/crime aspect of things this would force members to think about their next move while thinking about their stamina bar. Keeps everything thing fair when it comes to avoiding the police or police having to work together more in-game with the system.

Yes, this could get annoying for people. But, just means you need to monitor what you do on the server with the running aspect.

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+

It's Minecraft our stamina bar is food bar
In all seriousness, this would bring so many complaints and just be annoying for players on the server who just want to get to the next location to roleplay at.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Whilst it's definitely a cool thing we could introduce, we've done it before and it hinders roleplay and player experience more than it does improve.​

Users who are viewing this thread