sperst

Level 9
frettrick
frettrick
Omega+
IGN: sperst.

DATE: 12th of August, 2022.

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A bank update. Right now, the bank is a complete waste of time and space, unless you enjoy putting in / taking money out of the bank for the sole purpose of it just being there.

A couple of ideas I have to improve the bank's state right now:

INTEREST RATES:
Of course this wouldn't be totally realistic, as I doubt newer players would want to wait a long amount of time for a short amount of money to come in.

Something like, 0.1% interest/day may work, as this would only give say a player with one million in the bank, 1,000 yen a day.
In my opinion, this would be a fine amount, as the 'rich wouldn't get richer' too fast, since say this metaphorical person kept this million in the bank for a whole year, we can determine that they'd only profit in about 440,251 yen after a whole year.

The interest rate, or how often it's paid out will most likely be different based on other people's opinions, but just take mine as an example.

A BANKING APP:
I don't doubt that this has been suggested already, but a simple banking app would make a great addition to both the bank and phones.

Said app could work just like the current ATM GUI's, different hover-able items such as 'BALANCE' or 'CLICK TO TRANSFER'.

Simply being able to check your balance, or transfer money to someone else on the go would come as a convenience to players such as tailors, who can be paid much easier for their work, as well as not having to hunt down an ATM just to check your bank balance.

PAYING IN STORES VIA CARD:
This suggestion has recently been submitted elsewhere so I won't go into much detail.

Although this may be a hard feature to implement, it would;
- serve as a small addition to cashier's roleplay; asking the simple question, 'Cash or card?'
- give purpose to the cash register block, other than it just BEING THERE.
- idk I ran out of points, just a cool feature ig.

LOANS:
A loaning system for the bank, not much to explain, other than a set of rules that this could comprise of;
- You can't take out a loan if you have another one, not paid off.
- Every player could begin with an initial maximum loan of say 50,000 yen, perhaps increasing overtime depending on how trustworthy said player is in paying the loan back.
- Interest on the loan, slightly above the bank's interest in order for the bank to make a metaphorical profit.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Would simply give more usage to the bank, as well as anything else I may have mentioned above.

Mr. Mediocre

Level 58
_Mediioocre
_Mediioocre
Rich+
+1 / -1
I like the app and cards thing but the other two are just too complicated
and that's the point of a bank, putting / taking money there

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN: sperst.

DATE: 12th of August, 2022.

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A bank update. Right now, the bank is a complete waste of time and space, unless you enjoy putting in / taking money out of the bank for the sole purpose of it just being there.

A couple of ideas I have to improve the bank's state right now:

INTEREST RATES:
Of course this wouldn't be totally realistic, as I doubt newer players would want to wait a long amount of time for a short amount of money to come in.

Something like, 0.1% interest/day may work, as this would only give say a player with one million in the bank, 1,000 yen a day.
In my opinion, this would be a fine amount, as the 'rich wouldn't get richer' too fast, since say this metaphorical person kept this million in the bank for a whole year, we can determine that they'd only profit in about 440,251 yen after a whole year.

The interest rate, or how often it's paid out will most likely be different based on other people's opinions, but just take mine as an example.

A BANKING APP:
I don't doubt that this has been suggested already, but a simple banking app would make a great addition to both the bank and phones.

Said app could work just like the current ATM GUI's, different hover-able items such as 'BALANCE' or 'CLICK TO TRANSFER'.

Simply being able to check your balance, or transfer money to someone else on the go would come as a convenience to players such as tailors, who can be paid much easier for their work, as well as not having to hunt down an ATM just to check your bank balance.

This suggestion has recently been submitted elsewhere so I won't go into much detail.

- serve as a small addition to cashier's roleplay; asking the simple question, 'Cash or card?'

LOANS:
A loaning system for the bank, not much to explain, other than a set of rules that this could comprise of;
- Every player could begin with an initial maximum loan of say 50,000 yen, perhaps increasing overtime depending on how trustworthy said player is in paying the loan back.
- Interest on the loan, slightly above the bank's interest in order for the bank to make a metaphorical profit.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Would simply give more usage to the bank, as well as anything else I may have mentioned above.

-1 to interest rates, the economy doesn't need it.

+1 To the banking app.

-1 To pay in stores via card, as a shopkeeper, dealing with cash payments is already hard with the logging system. Making it more complicated will only hold up the line longer and cause stress.

-1 To loans, it seems too complicated and it could probably end up being abused like duxcoin.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
-1 to interest rates, the economy doesn't need it.

+1 To the banking app.

-1 To pay in stores via card, as a shopkeeper, dealing with cash payments is already hard with the logging system. Making it more complicated will only hold up the line longer and cause stress.

-1 To loans, it seems too complicated and it could probably end up being abused like duxcoin.
^^

les

Level 4
bananacrocs
bananacrocs
Rich+
+1 for the banking app.
Could just have the command /payto ! where you don't have to look at the person, but hold the phone instead

-1 for the rest

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
+1
I want money. I need money. Money love. Money life.

Oh yeah the rest is cool

LOANS:
It's -0.75/0.25 for me in this part, how can this be actually watched over? It's a bit off, players can easily get their alt accounts to pay their main account 50,000 or just keep on returning the money to make a higher money pay to give it to their main acccount.

But a way to fix that might be a time limit, where the KPD might go over to your place and get that tax money you frauded, but it also might be hard to manage, since it could be more than 46 players a day that tax fraud, you might need to add rules and add a bit more on the loan part to make it better .

This one is a -1. This really wont be used, as player often just give their money in their balance to the cashier, maybe just ask the shopkeepers to add ATM's next to their shop

Overall I like the fact that your trying to make the bank more active

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback!

- We are already planning to work on adding a banking app to the phones system which allows transfers between saved payees (similar to the physical bank), however this is planned for later once we've cleared more of our development backlog.​
- Interest would only worsen our inflation issue, which is why it has been denied in the past.​
- Paying in stores with debit cards wouldn't work with our current system due to how Shopkeepers run and pay their employees.​
- Loans would also worsen our inflation issue, however player-ran services for this are already available In-Character.​

Users who are viewing this thread