mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A easy access trading system in the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazt0n_

Level 7
What's your Minecraft Username?: Gazt0n_
What's the title of your suggestion?: A easy access trading system in the server.

What's your suggestion?:
Adding a trading system can greatly enhance the overall player experience by introducing a dynamic and interactive element to the gameplay. A well-designed trading system can give the community a sense of player collaboration and a additional layer of communication and engagement into srp.

What could be in this?

I'm certain that most people would know what a trading system would contain as some video games and of course, in Minecraft itself. But this trading system is not exactly like in minecraft, but a simple act of giving and taking items that are bought icly or ingame currency that can be used to buy items of other players. Cosmetics and custom items (possibly depending on how custom items work around players selling or giving) could be an exception to this system as they are not used icly and bought with real money. Reputation on players trading is hard to know and catch up with, so also having a reputation system along with it can make it easier for new or unsuspecting players knowing who to trust.

Advantages

- Smooth and easy experience with item trading
- Most likely prevents players from unsuspecting scams, could be good for new players or players who hate being scammed.
- Prevents items being unfortunately stolen or mistakenly taken by bystanders or players passing by
- Easily lists reputation of players in SRP trading in-game, by players easily can trust other players with trading.

Disadvantages

- As i said most likely when it comes to scams, it doesn't fully solve the problems as scammers could find new ways to scam.
- Could be hard to program which im aware of if thats the case

If there are anything else that i missed, feel free to reply.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Easy trading and helps new players with suspecting scams, etc.

Miamorchito

Level 19
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
Don't disagree with you in the general picture; I have been in numerous servers where there this system is applied and I like it. But this seems like extra steps for making a thing so easy as /payto (money) and the other player press "Q." With the scammers situation. . . I mean you gotta either trust the person not scamming you or not trust the person and cut the transaction. It's really not that hard. Plus it sounds less of roleplaying and more of a robotic mechanic, not intended for roleplay.

Reputation on players trading is hard to know and catch up with, so also having a reputation system along with it can make it easier for new or unsuspecting players knowing who to trust.
I disagree with this one as people Metagame information quite often. Having this indicator will ensure that NO scams are taken place since 1. the trade system will make it almost impossible for someone to scam, and 2. the reputation system will make the people mg if the person is a scammer or no.

- Most likely prevents players from unsuspecting scams, could be good for new players or players who hate being scammed.
As much as we hate or love things we gotta stick with roleplay. There will be scammers out there and you gotta know when to spot them both irl and ic. I will say tho that it is very sad to see scammers targeting unexperienced players.

- Prevents items being unfortunately stolen or mistakenly taken by bystanders or players passing by
This is, at least for me, a valid reason to implement this proposal. Especially if players just ignore you/log off/or directly deny it. But as stated in SRP, that is considered steal, and we should focus more in roleplay than in mechanics that could intervene in it. The solution could be much simpler, don't press Q if there's people around.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'd prefer to encourage trades to stay IC through dropping and payto. We may in future add something like this, but it would only be used for shop openings.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread