mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A Fresh Start, Chapter One (Non-Canon Shortish Story)

Ender Maximi

Level 8
(Just pointing out, I have very little server IC experience, so sorry if this sucks! Also, any foreign languages will be translated at the end of the story.)
~~~~~~~~~~
Ender tore her unwilling eyes away from her purple Converse shoes for just long enough to realise that Taketatsu High School, the school she was to be attending from today onwards, was absolutely huge. She'd never been a fan of moving to a new school, because she had always been bullied for numerous reasons; her abnormal hair and eye colour, both her first and last name, and her build.

Ender had always been on the scrawny side of the scale, her twin Nethe being the more stocky popular kid at school, whilst she was always huddled in the library, or the art classroom, where invariably she would walk in at lunchtime to see her drawings shredded, or had 'accidentally' been turned to mush by that random water bottle on the floor. Shrugging her mind away from the memories, she muttered to herself, "Wielki, nowa szkoła. Kompletnie fantastyczne, może mógłbym nawet dostać tutaj złamaną rękę. Kogo ja oszukuję? Jestem cholernie skazane." Ender sighed as she spoke to herself, earning the sidewards looks from some of the students leaving the buses, as they headed into the quartz building looming over them.

Slowly, she jolted her backpack up higher on her shoulder and walked into the school, expecting to be sent to a class full of delinquents who would love to make her life a living hell. Instead, as the amethyst-haired girl stopped at the reception to register her name as a student, she was complimented by the lady behind the desk, "May I just say how wonderful your hair is Miss..?" She stopped, obviously giving a surprised Ender a metaphorical prod for her last name, "Um, Maximi. Ender Maximi, I'm a new student, I was told by my sister I should go to reception and register," Ender stammered, as she always did when she was unsure; a habit she developed in the days after her parent's deaths before her ten-year-old eyes. "Yes yes, this sister of yours was correct Miss Maximi, now let me see... Ah! Here you go," The polite old lady said to Ender, "Here's your timetable, I believe you have English first," Ender glanced at the laminated sheet in her hand, and smiled, "Thank you, you're very kind, bye!"

Jogging up the stairs, her hair drifting through the air momentarily behind her as she went, a voice in the back of her mind whispered to her, maybe this school will be better, before she took a quick look at the map of the school on the other side of her sheet, jogging to the classroom and walking in with some of the other students in her class.

(Anyone wanna be in the class/story just ask and link yo bio and I'll see what I can do)

As the Canadian sat down at an empty desk near the middle of the room, she could hear some hushed whispers around her, such as, "Who's the new girl with the purple hair?" or, "I bet I could take her down any day, she looks like a stick." Before they were all hushed by the teacher.

"Good morning class," He stated, quite softly but sternly at the same time, "As you may have noticed, we have a new student today, please could you come up here and introduce yourself Ender?" All the eyes in the room turned to the teen, as she slowly stood up and walked towards the teacher's desk, her stammer taking over again; damn nerves, "Uh, h-hi, I'm Ender, a-and I came here f-from Canada, because m-my parent's had a j-job offer in t-this area," making up the lie about her parents was an impulse, and all but the teacher seemed to accept it, "Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself Ender?" He questioned, and Ender's stammer cooled a bit, but remained audible, "well, I l-like running, a-and I also k-know a lot of Polish and French C-Canadian, because m-my dad is P-Polish and my mom is Canadian," Ender felt her eyes beginning to prickle as she was sent to sit down, all eyes still on her; she had to have a break, "Uh, can I g-go to the bathroom s-sir?" As soon as she was out the door, she bolted to the bathroom and stood in front of one of the sinks, as the tears broke free.

Unbeknownst to her, the teacher checked she was gone, before addressing the class, "Now, what Ender said is not entirely true. Her parents are sadly deceased, and she has been left with a lot of scarring because of it. As my students, I expect you to welcome her as you would your friends and family, and if I hear that anyone has prodded her about it or teased her for whatever reason, I will see to it your parents find out why you had an after-school detention every day for a whole week, understood?" The class nodded, just as Ender returned, her eyes ever so slightly red from crying.

As the day continued, it went uneventfully, up until lunchtime, when a groups of girls walking past stopped in front of her. Obviously not here to be friendly, Ender predicted, just before one of the girls spoke up, "Hey weirdo, you know that you are, like, really strange right?" Without looking up and continuing to eat, Ender spoke, "What about it?" The head girl turned to her friends and back again, "Me, Tasha and Kimi are all thinking, you are a, like, complete freak compared to us, so don't get, like, any ideas about trying to befriend us, because we will make your life a living hell, got it?" The girl paused for an answer, as Ender looked up and spoke quietly to the girl, "Dlaczego nie można po prostu dostać się życiem i odepchnąć, staram się zjeść posiłek tutaj," Before repeating in English to the obviously confused girls who stood before her, "Why don't you get a life and push off, I'm trying to enjoy a meal here." And with that, Ender picked up her lunch tray and a walked outside to the large rock she had seen out of the window. There's always a few, Ender reasoned with the soft voice in her mind, whilst finally enjoying her lunch.

After lunch, she had Foreign Languages, and as she headed towards the 2nd floor room, she wished with all her might that the language would be one she was fluent in, or German, because she had a nagging sensation that she should learn it, and truth be told, she was really liking the idea. After they went through the whole introduce-yourself charade for what seemed like the hundreth time, the teacher spoke up, "This semester students, we will be learning French!" Whilst many other students groaned at the thought, Ender was ecstatic; now she could show those girls what she knew. After twenty minutes of learning how to greet someone, the teacher addressed everyone, "now, who would like to show the class what they have learnt?" For the first time all day, Ender's hand flew into the air, practically screaming that she wanted to try. "Ender, as you are a new student, would you like to try?" Ender smiled and headed up to the board, before smirking at the girls and beginning her sentence, her stammer all but gone, "Bonjour, je m'appelle Ender, j'ai quatorze ans, et j'ai un sœur qui s'appelle Nethe," Even the teacher looked stunned at how well Ender had done, "Ender have you ever been taught French?" Ender shook her head, her hair flying everywhere, "No, I was born in Canada, and my mom is Canadian, so she sorta taught me," She blushed slightly as she finished her explanation, "Well, I'm sure your mother is a very good teacher," With a knowing smile towards the Canadian girl, she continued the lesson, until they were dismissed from class for home time.

When Ender got home, she knew Nethe wasn't due back for a few hours, so she hung her bag on the coat rack, before digging out a ready-meal lasagne from the freezer and putting it into the microwave, collapsing onto the couch as she waited for the 'ping' that signified that her meal was ready.

Later that night, as Ender sat in bed, with her twin across the hall, she thought that maybe, just maybe, she would give Taketatsu High a chance.
~~~~~~~~~~
That sums up Chapter One! I will be doing more chapters, but for now, here are the promised translations:

French: Hello, my name is Ender, I am 14 years old, and I have one sister who is called Nethe.

Polish 1: Great, new school. Utterly fantastic, maybe I could even get a broken arm. Who am I kidding? I'm freaking doomed.

Polish 2: Why don't you just get a life and push off, I'm trying to enjoy a meal here.

Hope you like this fanfic and are looking forward to chapter 2!

Chapter 2: http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/a-fresh-start-chapter-two-non-canon-shortish-story.2490/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread