mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A Fresh Start, Chapter Three (Non-Canon Shortish Story)

Ender Maximi

Level 8
(Apologies if this is awful, it's 2;30am and I need coffee ._. I will edit this tomorrow)
~~~~~~~~~~
It had been at least a week since Ender's PTSD had given her the flashback, and yet it still seemed to be the talk of the school. Everywhere the purple-haired teen went she would notice the supposedly inconspicuous glances, or the whispers between friends. It wasn't long before Ender accepted the fact that people weren't gonna forget what had happened, that she'd probably never make any friends, all because of one stupid flashback. Fortunately, Tracy, Kimi and Tasha kept themselves away from Ender, because as a result of Ender's breakdown, Tracy had gotten an after-school detention and her parents had grounded her from going out after school for a month.

As Ender clambered up the large boulders outside the cafeteria, one of her favourite sketching places, with its beautiful trickling stream, and the way the flowers of The Confession Tree would blow in the breeze and settle in her amethyst hair, she had put her black and purple patterned earbuds in and was just about to hit 'Play' on the latest song on her Spotify playlist, she noticed some 8th graders from a different homeroom walking towards the baseball field opposite her seat, but thought nothing of it.

Well, that was until she was jolted out of her relaxation by one of the 8th graders clambering up the rocks. Yay, looks like there are even more irytujących dzieci for me to deal with, she thought sardonically. Sighing, Ender watched the kid struggle up the boulder and rolled her eyes, before muttering, "There's an easier way up by the stream, you know." The struggling kid seemed to hear her muttered advice, and jumped down from where he had been attempting to climb up, instead scrambling up the path Ender had gestured to, much to the dissatisfaction of his buddies that were still waiting on him, "C'mon Kurt, she's weird, let's go play baseball! She isn't worth th- OW!" Upon being called weird, Ender had picked up a small pebble, and thrown it at the kid, "Dupek." she called to him, earning some confused looks and a glare from pebble-head.

The boy, seemingly called Kurt, had just managed to climb onto the rock beside Ender and was now sitting beside her, "Uh, hi?" Ender asked, more of a question than a greeting, "
Jeśli jesteś tu, aby mieć go na mnie odepchnąć," seeing Kurt's confused expression, Ender rolled her eyes and muttered, "Why does nobody in this damn school know Polish?" before she could answer with her own sarcasm, she was interrupted by Kurt, "Probably has something to do with the fact that it's Japanese. I'm -" Before he could introduce himself, Ender interrupted him. "Kurt, right? I heard your dupek friend earlier, I'm Ender." She explained.

Kurt was speechless for a minute, "So you're the girl who had a breakdown in the changing rooms right?" Ender's smile faded away and she turned back to her sketchpad, "Mhm." She mumbled. Kurt grimaced; he knew he'd messed up, but he didn't show it, "Why do you sit out here alone? If you don't mind me asking." Ender sighed and closed her sketchpad, her amethyst eyes turning to the boy beside her, "Mainly because I'm bored of all the glances and whispers wherever I go, so I just, sorta, stay outta the way, and do my own thing."

Kurt felt sorry for the teen; sure, he wasn't the most popular kid ever, but he had his friends, and he always had a good time with them, "Why didn't you just keep walking and go and play baseball with your friends; why'd you come up here rather than play with them?" The purple-haired girl questioned, and it was Kurt's turn to sigh, "They can be really obnoxious and annoying sometimes, besides, you looked lonely." Ender smiled at him slightly, a tinge of sadness in her voice, "I've been lonely for years mate, just me and my sister, and even then she skipped high school because of some 'high IQ' stuff. You could say we're partners in crime."

Kurt felt that this was a really random question, but he had come up here, and he was gonna damn well ask, random or not, "Uh, well, do you wanna come play baseball with us?" He asked in an unsure tone, and Ender smiled, but shook her head, "No thanks, but I was planning on going to the track later anyways, so I guess I could sit and watch when I'm done?" Kurt smiled; he'd finally given the girl a friend, or so he hoped, "Sounds like a plan." He nodded, and with that, they departed, Ender to the track, Kurt to his less-than-pleased friends on the field.

A few hours of running a rut into the ground later, a purple-haired teen was sat on the stands by the baseball pitch, watching Kurt and his friends play. Suddenly, a stray baseball came hurtling over the fence, and she instinctively grabbed it, the sheer force the thing was moving at making her hands feel like they were burning. Hissing in discomfort, Ender threw the baseball back over the fence, allowing the kids to continue their game. Kurt came over to her after a few more rounds, "I hope you don't mind, but why are your eyes and hair purple?" Ender kept a straight face, "My eyes are supposedly very rare, but not unheard of, but my hair was born this colour. Sounds fake I know, but it's true. When I was younger, my parents asked me if I wanted it dyed, but I said no, and I still say no when they ask me." She lied; her parents were dead, but Ender liked to say they were alive. Kurt piped up, "What do your parents do? I never see them pick you up." Ender just frowned sadly, before whispering to no one in particular, "Nie
rób nic nie żyją," Kurt had a bad feeling, as Ender put her head in her hands and curled her hair around her finger as she translated, "They don't do anything, they're dead." Kurt's jaw dropped to the floor, and he immediately apologised, "I'm sorry Ender I didn't know, I shouldn't have asked, I'm so-" At that very moment, the bell rang, and Ender packed her backpack hurriedly, "It's fine, you didn't know. What class do you have?" She questioned.

"Uhh, Foreign Languages, why?"

"I do as well! That's kinda weird, see you in class!" And with that, Ender sprinted off, almost inhumanely fast, towards the classroom, leaving Kurt to follow her dust.

In class, Ender always put her hand up, whether it was to translate a sentence or to recite one. She had just finished reciting how to say where you are from when she was hit in the back of the head by a spitball. She turned around and glared at the kid behind her, and whispered, "Wyciąć teraz." However, when she turned around, there was a picture of Africa on the screen, "Now, we are going to identify some African animals." Ender's heart practically stopped, before it began beating at 100mp/h, as she realised what would inevitably appear on the screen, "Ender, do you need to leave?" The teacher's apparent concern was enough to cause Ender to nod and leave the room. She sat outside the classroom, curling her hair around her fingers in an effort to calm herself down.

If it hadn't been close enough already, she was blocked from leaving the stairs by a pair of 8th graders, obviously on the football team, "Aww, does the poor little purple-mop need a break?" One of them, who Ender assumed was the head of the squad, mocked. "Shut your trap." Ender whispered, and the jock glared at her, "What did you just say to me?" He asked angrily, before shoving her onto the staircase behind her, the back of her head connecting with the banister with a loud 'THWACK'.

Ender found herself on her back, holding her head in an attempt to stop the room spinning. As she felt her conciousness fade, she collapsed against the wall and spoke, as clearly and loudly as she could muster, "You can say whatever you like; if it's so wrong then I don't wanna be right." She smiled weakly, quoting the song 'So What', one of her current favourites.
"Huh?" The football player grunted, smirking at his equally-thick friends behind him, "Sucker." Ender whispered, before her world faded to black.
~~~~~~~~~~
What a chapter! Hope you look forward to Chapter 4! Cliffhangers4Dayz #WhenYouWriteFanficsAt3am

Translations:

Polish 1: Annoying kids.

Polish 2: Asshole (dupek).

Polish 3: If you're here to have a go at me, push off.

Polish 4: They don't do anything, they're dead.

Polish 5: Cut it out.

Chapter 4: http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/a-fresh-start-chapter-four-non-canon-shortish-story.2499/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread