mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A Fresh Start, Chapter Two (Non-Canon Shortish Story)

Ender Maximi

Level 8
As always, translations and chapter 3 link will be down at the bottom!
Warning for flashback; don't like? Don't read!
~~~~~~~~~~
Ender awoke from her light sleep groggily that morning, as her alarm bleeped at her irritatingly, "Pieprzyć to, muszę kawę," she muttered to nobody in particular, before setting off down the stairs on a legendary quest for coffee.

"Morning Nethe." She yawned, more legibly now that she had one cup of coffee in her system, "How was your shift last night?" Her maroon-headed twin, who had at least two mugs of coffee in her system plus the one she had in her grasp, rolled her eyes, "I had this completely zwariowany old man in the back, someone had called in saying he was delusional, and truth be told, I believed them - all he was on about was 'these crazy dragons keep sending ash through the vents'," Nethe ranted exasperatedly, "I mean, how many pots of ramen noodles do you eat before you get to that stage?" Snickering, Ender sighed; her sister always got the most insane cases, "Lucky you Nethe, I bet you helped send those dragons to Animal Control."

"Idź
do diabła Ender."

"You'd burn the house down the day after!"

Their playful bickering continued until eight o'clock, when Ender grabbed her backpack and lunch and waved goodbye to her twin, before walking down the street to school. It had been a few weeks from her first day, and she had gotten pretty good at timing her arrival so that she could grab a book from the library before class started, but today she didn't need to, because she hadn't finished 'Yumo and the Samurai' yet, which was her current reading material.

As she entered the building, she was greeted by the oh-so-friendly sight of Tracy, Tasha and Kimi, the fashionista-come-trendsetter girls that loved attempting to make Ender's school life a living hell, but Ender, having had too much experience with bullies, always gave them a good cussing out, in Polish of course, which made her feel very proud of her ancestry.

Today, she had P.E first; they were doing baseball this semester, Ender's third favourite sport. Because she was good at running for the ball, and aiming the bat, meant that for the first time in her life, she was one of the first people chosen for a team. Coach Milo blew his whistle, and off they went; Ender was a fielder this time around, and by the end of the lesson, she had caught more balls than any other fielder; four balls, and she was proud; Nethe would be so excited for her twin!

Unfortunately, a sweat-drenched Tracy sashayed over to her while she was changing, and twisted her shoulder backwards, making her hiss in pain, as the blonde bully reopened some cuts caused a while ago when Ender fell - or rather pushed - into a fence, and blood slowly dripped onto the floor, and in between the stabbing pain in her shoulder and Tracy's cackling laughter, time seemed to slow down as Ender experienced something she had avoided for at least three years.
~
Flashback

A ten-year-old Ender sat beside an equal age Nethe in the back of the camo-green zebra striped safari Jeep, giggling as they gazed in awe at all of the animals they were driving by; the towering giraffe, the lumbering elephants, and the feasting zebra. Henrik and Naomi, Ender's mother and father, were taking pictures of the glorious animals with their glossy Nikon cameras, as they were both keen photographers.

Suddenly, the safari guide slammed on the brakes, just before they smashed right into the scrawny hyena that was pacing the road, obviously injured. Henrik and Naomi jumped out, and carefully approached the animal, and just as Henrik leant out to caress the seemingly lone predator, a laughing noise erupted in the tall grass all around them, and in the blink of an eye, they were pouncing upon Henrik and Naomi, as they were torn to shreds by the pack of hyenas.

With wide eyes and scarred memories, Ender and Nethe anxiously called out, "Mommy..? Daddy..?" Ender began to sob, as she realised Mommy and Daddy were gone, and they weren't coming back.

End of flashback
~

Ender had gone almost as white as a sheet, and as all the other girls in the changing room turned to look at a sobbing and bleeding Ender sat on the tiled floor, even Tracy seemed to realise she had gone too far. Time didn't matter to Ender anymore, and as she balanced on the verge of consciousness, whispering her parents' names over and over again, she barely noticed the nurse walking into the room, followed by a girl she didn't know the name of, before she blacked out.

A few hours later, Ender awoke in the nurses office with a splitting headache and a freshly bandaged shoulder. "Ah, you're awake again I see. Would you like some water?" The nurse asked gently, and Ender nodded before she even finished speaking. As the nurse handed the purple-haired teen a bottle of water, she sat down in the chair beside her, and it was only then that she noticed that her homeroom teacher was sat there as well.

"Now Ender, do you remember what happened?" The nurse - who she now knew was called Nurse Feathering - asked, and Ender nodded, unable to form eligible words at the time, "Can you tell us what happened?" As a few minutes passed, Ender had explained her dilemma, all the while watching her homeroom teacher scrawl away on his clipboard, which was balanced on his knee. "I will make sure this Tracy is given a detention and a written letter home, okay Ender?" Ender nodded, her throat raw from explaining and crying.

She was eventually allowed to leave, with Nurse Feathering's permission to spend the day doing whatever she chose, as she didn't need to attend lessons. Ender spent the next hour and a half reading and drawing out on the boulders by the cafeteria, which were some of her ways of coping with being upset.

When the bell rang in the distance for home time, Ender gathered her things, and after brushing her amethyst hair from her face, wandered down to the local coffee shop, where she spent the next twenty minutes staring into space while sipping at a coffee. With a forced smile, she pushed the money over to the friendly-looking cashier behind the counter, before hauling her bag over her shoulder and walking home.

When she got home, the events that had happened earlier that day had ruined Ender's appetite completely, so she quickly scrawled a note for her sister when she got home;

Wasn't hungry; lasagne's in the freezer -Ender

As she lay awake in bed once again, silent tears rolled down her face as she wished she could see her beloved parents once again.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed! This actually made me kinda sad tbh ;-;

Translations!:

Polish 1: Fuck this, I need some coffee.

Polish 2: Crazy (zwariowany)

Polish 3: Go to Hell Ender.

Chapter 3: http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/a-fresh-start-chapter-three-non-canon-shortish-story.2495/

Spoiler Alert: I might give Ender the chance to make a friend in the next chapter :3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread