mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

a global chat for the school faculty suggestion(HATOLAA)

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
IGN: HATOLAA
DATE: 12.10.2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I think it will be a good idea to add a chat for the whole school faculty or at least for the teachers and the employees
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: After a long time in the school faculty, I noticed that the people inside the school faculty aren't coordinated with each other, as it makes a lot of problems inside the school faculty with detention and in general. It can be useful by players sharing their experience with other players and not just from their section, people will be more talkative and surely will make new friends that way and improve their job. Having a global chat will be useful and help out the faculty and the senior leadership team with that they won't need to announce a lot of things in 3 different chats as it's already a thing for example with the EMS and KPD. In addition, in this way, it will be easier for tutors to speak with the teachers/professors about the class and ask if they need help.

justsimba

Level 58
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
+1 for sure.

As someone who has been in the school faculty for over 2 months now (am an employee) I can definitely see how useful this could people, because I do feel like there is lack of communication between everyone. And in order to give a good rp experience you need communication.

Kana

Level 129
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1
Back when I was a professor in early 2020, all faculty members were in a discord server made by one of the faculty players. This helped things a lot, allowing us to stay better coordinated and just have overall better communication.

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
+1

As a past employee of a very long time aka 10 months, I think Hatola is onto something. As it is hard to communicate amongst staff unless in vcs, which people can't do all the time, I think this would be useful for staff and roleplay purposes. It helps a lot with KPD n EMS, it would help a lot in the faculty as well.

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
+1
Bro, every school teacher IRL got that walkie talkie, Why not SRP

BramvanZijp

Level 10
+1

This sounds like a great idea, and is for sure possible.
The EMS and KPD radio works by having a dedicated phone number they call which calls everyone with the ems or kpd roles.
If you replicate this for school faculty, (one that also includes councillors is also an option) not only do they have internal communication,
which would prevent needing to intercom to everyone that a principal, slt, councillor, tutor, etc. is needed somewhere,
but it also creates an ic way for people to contact school staff which can be usefull for a whole host of reasons:
You left something at school? You need to get unexpelled/unsuspended? Your parents need to inform school you are sick?
This would generally add to the roleplay significantly and has no real downside to being added.

Short Version: Do it, its possible by making a phone number that simular to 110/911 contacts people with a specific role, no reason not to.

Users who are viewing this thread