A little talk about the KPD

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Introduction
Hey there
Not sure if you clicked on this thread because you're bored, or simply because you are interested/involved in any way with the topic I'm going to talk about. However, before I'd like to make clear the following disclaimer; my intention with this post is not to offend anyone, nor try to motivate somebody to get into arguements with certain people, but to try and communicate how KPD works, while trying to give different points of view
If you're a new roleplayer and you have mainly been involved with high school related roleplay, then you may not have heard about the KPD. KPD, which stands for Karakura Police Department, is a faculty that fights off crime in Karakura and acts as a tool for citizens to feel safer in this city.
Having made that clear, I will now proceed to talk about the main reason why I decided to write this

KPD's reputation
Karakura Police Department is highly distinguishable thanks to the high strictness that's imposed onto every member of this faction. Nonetheless, far from being a bad thing, it's actually what makes KPD able to handle situations impartially and with as much professionalism as possible. All of us make sure not to break the rules, given the confidence that Prads has placed onto us, considering that the chosen ones need to be the best of the best, regarding server reputation.

Meta-gaming
Meta-gaming, for those who do not know, is using OOC information to one's IC advantage, and a server rule that must not be broken. Now, I'm sure that, of course, there must have been some KPD officer that has meta-gamed something throughout the whole history of SchoolRP's KPD faction. However, the number of people who have done this is extremely low, and all of them have been punished for it. As a KPD officer that has been in the force for nearly 4 months, I have seen many people accuse us of meta-gaming, which is the reason why I want to make some things clear.
When we pat down/detain/arrest someone, it is because we have an actual reason, either by having received a report call, due to the fact that said person was in wanted, because your character was wearing a mask, etc. There's a plethora of reasons why you are liable to be involved with KPD officers. However, we always make sure that said reason is reasonable enough to proceed.
Minecraft tags
Another point of meta-gaming involves tags. As you may know, minecraft tags influence a lot when trying to search for someone, and the only way to hide it is by shifting, which restricts your mobility. However, as a KPD officer we have always made sure to avoid taking these tags ICly. In fact, when we see a tag in the sewers, for example, we ALWAYS make sure to check the other paths before taking the one where we OOCly know they are, in order to prevent any kind of meta-gaming.
CCTV
Furthermore, I have also seen people accuse us of meta-gaming due to us knowing where they were, given that there was no officer around to inform others about their location. To this we have to say that we possess city CCTV access, which allows us to check many areas in which players can be located. Of course, there isn't CCTV everywhere, but certain individuals should understand that we cannot magically know where your characters' location is. In fact, Staff itself is the one that provide us CCTV location, making it impossible for us to meta-game
KPD PComms
Lastly, I'd like to also talk about Pcomms. This is a discord VC that's used by most, if not all KPD officers to communicate with each other during KPD operations. The difference between this VC and others, is that it can be taken ICly, allowing us to tell each other's locations without having to type it out. Of course, there are ways to take this advantage away, by for example stabbing the radio, but it is a priviledge that was granted to us by the staff team to allow us to have a little advantage over the immense outnumber of GangRP to KPD.

Payment
As some of you may know, our payment relies on how many people we fine/arrest. This may lead some people to believe that we're "starving for money", or things alike to those. Nonetheless, to this I have to say that, as a KPD officer, money is something that does not really affect our attitude nor our actions. Regardless of whether you decide to fine someone for J-walking or not, for example, it is going to be the exact same for us. I myself do not spend that much money, other than cheap food to use on some manhunts. The reason why we may arrest/fine you is not because we are greedy and we want money, but because your character has broken the law and they need to pay for it. In fact, we are not the one deciding the bail amounts, in most cases, since we have a specific list that guides us to calculate someone's bail

Conclusion
To conclude this talk (that ended up being a little longer than I expected), I'd like to say that we do know how it feels to lose hours of effort by being caught by police officers. I myself lost some stuff due to KPD, back when I used to GangRP. However, I'm sure that I'm talking from the point of view of all KPD officers when I say that we do not want to be called meta-gamers just because of an IC loss. We are just doing our jobs, and we have our reasons to reach the situation that's being given at that moment. I hope you understand our point, and that you have a nice day

Thanks for reading

Users who are viewing this thread