HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
IGN: HighlightedTwin
DATE: 8/16/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A Marching Band and possibly add 'Band-Member' tag if this is added.
More instruments can be added to the server if possible for this suggestion or just some /me plays drums with a /it loud music plays. Either way, it's fine but I want it because it's cool and adds to the school spirit!

Thank you for reading my long suggestion <3​

luvkaiix

Level 34
Oh damn man... That was wayyyy too long. Next time make it like.... a lot shorter.. it took me a whole one second too long to read - smh

zxxo

Level 108
I'd like some more instruments despite me not being in relation for student-rp. Not entirely sure if they'd add the role, "band-member" however as they'd view it as unnecessary. Bro, I want electric guitars, that'd be sick as hell

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I'd like some more instruments despite me not being in relation for student-rp. Not entirely sure if they'd add the role, "band-member" however as they'd view it as unnecessary. Bro, I want electric guitars, that'd be sick as hell
Didn't they have an electric guitar?

zxxo

Level 108
Yeah, there isnt a 'Club Member' tag either so why would there be a band member tag
(I am aware there's a club owner tag)
I think they shouldn't add useless and unnecessary school roles right now, more so something for graduates + adults to experience which are outside of school roles; not just.. shop owner, kpd and ems.. something they should totally add is.. *cough* delivery man.. *cough* forensics.. *cough* in my opinion. *smile*

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I think they shouldn't add useless and unnecessary school roles right now, more so something for graduates + adults to experience which are outside of school roles; not just.. shop owner, kpd and ems.. something they should totally add is.. *cough* delivery man.. *cough* forensics.. *cough* in my opinion. *smile*
But that's the thing. They want to focus more on the school and the students and what they could add to increase the fun for it more than those who are outside of school. I wouldn't mind more jobs/roles for adults tho. :>

zxxo

Level 108
But that's the thing. They want to focus more on the school and the students and what they could add to increase the fun for it more than those who are outside of school. I wouldn't mind more jobs/roles for adults tho. :>
Consistency within school will cause complete boredom; so, if they want to completely demolish the activity of a city concept, that's their own decision.. but majority of the players agree to having a consistency of just 'school' roleplay isn't such a good idea. Though, everyone has different opinions and I respect each one of them; I think ahead a lot with my suggestions though, sometimes other players opinions help me coordinate my commentary better. Delivery Man isn't as 'superior' as the other roles in my head, but I used this as an example.

Jexica

Level 28
I, more than most, advocate for music extra curriculars.

Hosting a band would be perhaps too difficult. In ensembles such as bands, orchestras and chamber music in general, the action of music is mainly the actual collective sound making, which is just not possible on a minecraft server. With sports there are plugins, such as the volleyball plugin, which make them possible. However, with musical instruments, the focus is not so much on movement to produce an action (as it is in sport), but often control of breath and fingers to produce a sound. Therefore I don't believe a band could be possible.

I would definitely love to see more instruments being widely available! Maybe flutes, violins, clarinets?

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I think this is a nice idea! You would probably need something else to go along with it- I think you could expand around this and create more events for the server. Going off from that, events wouldn't have to be strictly school-based, it could include the whole city.
Making a functional band itself would probably be a little hard. It's likely it would sound a little chaotic if everyone was playing instruments; it could be argued that band members can be in a discord call to correlate it, but there would be delay. What I'm saying is that most possibilities when actually creating audible music lead to a hectic outcome. A band would have to consist of /me actions and /its - this defeats the objective a little. New instruments used in bands would just be 'accessories' and more models to create, also adding to the resource pack size. This would also get kind of boring for the members who just stand and do /mes. I personally think you could add more functional instruments and host shows with them- that being with solo acts. If you could get this all to work the way you suggested, it would be amazing!

↳ Sorry if I'm speaking gibberish a bit there.
Yeah it would be a little difficult to coordinate but a lot of patience would be needed to get it all organized just a bit. It also comes down to having a lot of practice with certain instruments. Not to mention sound delays in-game if a person or the server starts to lag. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try but it will just take a lot of patience, practice, and coordination to get a decent performance together.

I usually don't add my own opinion on some suggestions However, On this suggestion I like give my own opinion Because, There was a Role like this back in the old days of SchoolRp.

The role back than. Which was around 2016 going in to 2017, Was the "School-Band" Role. And Like from your suggestion the Role was based on making Music, Performing on stage and Fun part doing a marching line However, There were "Three" Problems with the role at that time Sadly, Which were "Mainly" the Reason why it was taking away in 2017.

The First problem: When the Role was added in, at the time there was only Two instruments. Those we're the Electric Guitar and the Violin. And To add on what Zxxo said. To making this harder on the role. The "School-Band" role was not allowed to have the Electric Guitar. I Remember asking someone back in the old days. Why they were not allowed to have them.
(and When I mean they were not allowed to have them. I mean they were not allowed to play them. When it came to doing any Performing or Marching lines in general.) They were allowed to like own them But, They were not allowed to play them. When it come to doing any practice with the "School-Band Team.".

Second Problem: When the role was introduced back in 2016. There was only select few players that had the honour to have the Role and Back then, The role was based on, If you earned it or They add you because, That they want you pacifically to be on the Team However, Going in to 2017. The Players who had the roles were "Really inactive on the server." Yes, there we're some players who were still Active with the role But, They did nothing with the role. It was like the Football role for little bit. Where there was No Football field at the time. For players who did have the Football Role back then to play on, and It was like that for the "School-Band" Role. There was nowhere for that role to do any practice or any routines. It was just a role that you had and it was good way to Show it off back then to New Players.

Third Problem: There was "No Reason or Purpose" for the role back then Yes, There was Good Reason for it in 2016 However, It didn't really go high up in 2017 Reasons for it not going High up like the other roles were Because, For the First and Second Problems. There was no other instrument to play other than the Violin on the server and The highest in activity that it had back then with the Player based. Who had the School-Band Role.

Which got the "School-Band" Role Removed in 2017 Now We are in 2020, With a lot and I mean "A LOT" of new instruments added in. I do Agree that the Role should have a return back But, I also Disagree Because again, Like Zxxo has said. "There are to many School Roles." Yes, I do know that the Server is call SchoolRp However, Like old roles back than like.

Delivery-Man
Sewer-Workers
Investigation (I don't remember what the role was called for this one But, it was a role based on Police-Officer but, There job was basically Looking in side of players dead body's, Doing autopsies on them and etc.)

These roles we're Great to have back in the Good old days however, They were remove like the "School-Band" role. There was no Reason or Purpose for them anymore But, Now we are in 2020 that I could see most of this Roles having a return back and I wouldn't mind seeing Either School-Band Role back or Delivery-Man role back on the server in the near future.

Anyways, This was my opinion and Story of the "School-Band" Role back in 2016 and it ending in 2017.
(Also, Big Shout-out for Zxxo Because, He too was one of the Players Who remember this Role back then.)

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I usually don't add my own opinion on some suggestions However, On this suggestion I like give my own opinion Because, There was a Role like this back in the old days of SchoolRp.

The role back than. Which was around 2016 going in to 2017, Was the "School-Band" Role. And Like from your suggestion the Role was based on making Music, Performing on stage and Fun part doing a marching line However, There were "Three" Problems with the role at that time Sadly, Which were "Mainly" the Reason why it was taking away in 2017.

The First problem: When the Role was added in, at the time there was only Two instruments. Those we're the Electric Guitar and the Violin. And To add on what Zxxo said. To making this harder on the role. The "School-Band" role was not allowed to have the Electric Guitar. I Remember asking someone back in the old days. Why they were not allowed to have them.
(and When I mean they were not allowed to have them. I mean they were not allowed to play them. When it came to doing any Performing or Marching lines in general.) They were allowed to like own them But, They were not allowed to play them. When it come to doing any practice with the "School-Band Team.".

Second Problem: When the role was introduced back in 2016. There was only select few players that had the honour to have the Role and Back then, The role was based on, If you earned it or They add you because, That they want you pacifically to be on the Team However, Going in to 2017. The Players who had the roles were "Really inactive on the server." Yes, there we're some players who were still Active with the role But, They did nothing with the role. It was like the Football role for little bit. Where there was No Football field at the time. For players who did have the Football Role back then to play on, and It was like that for the "School-Band" Role. There was nowhere for that role to do any practice or any routines. It was just a role that you had and it was good way to Show it off back then to New Players.

Third Problem: There was "No Reason or Purpose" for the role back then Yes, There was Good Reason for it in 2016 However, It didn't really go high up in 2017 Reasons for it not going High up like the other roles were Because, For the First and Second Problems. There was no other instrument to play other than the Violin on the server and The highest in activity that it had back then with the Player based. Who had the School-Band Role.

Which got the "School-Band" Role Removed in 2017 Now We are in 2020, With a lot and I mean "A LOT" of new instruments added in. I do Agree that the Role should have a return back But, I also Disagree Because again, Like Zxxo has said. "There are to many School Roles." Yes, I do know that the Server is call SchoolRp However, Like old roles back than like.

Delivery-Man
Sewer-Workers
Investigation (I don't remember what the role was called for this one But, it was a role based on Police-Officer but, There job was basically Looking in side of players dead body's, Doing autopsies on them and etc.)

These roles we're Great to have back in the Good old days however, They were remove like the "School-Band" role. There was no Reason or Purpose for them anymore But, Now we are in 2020 that I could see most of this Roles having a return back and I wouldn't mind seeing Either School-Band Role back or Delivery-Man role back on the server in the near future.

Anyways, This was my opinion and Story of the "School-Band" Role back in 2016 and it ending in 2017.
(Also, Big Shout-out for Zxxo Because, He too was one of the Players Who remember this Role back then.)
I fully respect your opinion. All three of those problems can easily be fixed now that the server is a lot bigger than it was before. As you said, there are more instruments and we can get even more. A new system of choosing who to be on the team can easily be put in place either through applications or "try-outs" like the sports teams which can dissolve the issue with inactive members. Regarding the purpose of reasoning for having the band, the band doesn't have to be just for the school. Any event needing a band to play is a reason. The band could even host their own shows if allowed. A lot of things changed between those time periods up to now.

I remember back when I decided to start my own band club. The only issue was getting more instruments. At that time I went to Samra who said he would add a band team eventually. Of course, maybe around that time, they didn't really know how to go about it but I'm sure things can be much different now than it was before. There's probably a lot of band lovers and music lovers on the server nowadays. But again, I respect your opinion. It just would be exciting to see something a bit more "new" (since this used to be a thing) rather than the addition of more sports teams themselves (which I have nothing against). :>

I'm just going ping you two here So, It can be easier than just reapplying back anyways. @HighlightedTwin and @(Eden) Pinkyqaz

Now, Don't get me wrong because, Looks like already have. Yes I do Agree that It is a role that should have a return back and In better way However, Reason why I tell you about the old role "School-Band" Because, It's something to look back on that happen years ago. It's kinda of like the Lunchtime-monitor role. it is now gone but, Now we have a Counsellor role that replace it So, I would like for that to happen as well but, With the "School-Band" role like it. Being for both School Students in the school and Adults who have the Adult role out of school.

Yes Also, that can be a good idea for a Event Like you said Pinkyqaz However, Reason why there was no purpose and a Problem at that Time was because, The server wasn't more developed back in the days Now, In 2020 it is But back then in 2016 going to 2018. It was 2x hard trying to apply to be Teacher/Employee and 3x hard just Trying to get in to College.

Like Just trying to get into college back then. You had to wait a full year, It was a Role that was giving out to players in 2016 to 2017 in the Summer time. That's how hard it was just trying get that role But, Now in 2020 Which I love a lot now. You can apply to be in College So, To make add on. I wouldn't mind if the "School-Band" Role was something like that but, Just in another different type of format and in some type similar to how the College role is like.

And I do feel like I need to Bold this. I Do Agree on what you say.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
@DragonBloodEater Yus I know you agree, I was just saying that things could be done differently now. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to argue your point about how it was in the past lol <3

Totalore

Level 138
band member role was a thing back then and, like some other roles (lunch monitor, "emo", etc), got removed due to its unneccessary place on the server

neat suggestion, but i dont think the role will be coming back anytime soon

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
band member role was a thing back then and, like some other roles (lunch monitor, "emo", etc), got removed due to its unneccessary place on the server

neat suggestion, but i dont think the role will be coming back anytime soon
The past is the past. SRP is much more different now compared to what it is was back then. I'm not too sure on what your definition is for something that's "necessary" but if it's regarding the things this role does, I and a few others already discussed what they can do above. ^

A role like this can't be easily implemented without careful consideration of how people are able to join the band, how will they practice, what instruments are needed, and so on. I don't even mind planning that myself either >u< I understand some may be iffy about this suggestion because of what happened in the past with this and many other roles but I think it would be nice to give it another try since the community is much bigger and things are a little more different than before! :>

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
from what ive seen some of the sports teams aren't even active and i personally feel like a school band would just be clunky and become inactive eventually but its not a terrible suggestion
I'm only going to make the base assumption about why sports teams seem "inactive". Personally, the only thing I saw them do was either practice (which is rare to see in my case) or hold try-outs. Ever since the volleyball tournament, I and possibly others may have expected to see more tournaments like that with the other sports teams but with my current knowledge, nothing happened besides the football association thing. In my opinion, or my theory is that the reason why they seem inactive is either the captain of the team just doesn't have much planned to do for the team to make them see "active" (which I hope isn't the case) or they most likely have something planned but can't get it done without the help of the staff team setting it up for them. I really believe it all depends on who's leading the team or band to be able to make said team/band seem active. Meaning you would need an active, possibly creative lead for the band to not seem inactive as the sports teams if that made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread