A lot of Private Properties (Towers, Estates) are inactive. How to fix this;

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: Lernaean
DATE: 22nd November 2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Currently, a lot of the Player-owned towers/estates "Private Properties" are inactive. This is bad. There should be a quota for activity (similar to how shops have to open a bare minimum of 12 openings a month.), such as if the tower/estate meets the minimum member count (that is checked monthly), as well as a count for how many times a tower/estate owner requests creative to build in; if they do not meet these - then they should face refunded removal from their property.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Currently an overwhelming amount of private property is heavily inactive, properties such as the old Dot Tower (happily, Noot6 has been replaced with a new Owner, who has time to prove he can end this current cycle.), in example being a major offender, as during its two years of ownership, by players DarkWingRose and Noot6, it had never ONCE. had a single completed floor across it's entire existence, housing a total of zero players, and literally just ended up sitting there for that two year timespan.

I think a lot of players (especially ones that have since joined after the initial sale of those towers, who never got a chance to attempt to purchase them.) are frustrated with the facts these towers take up so much room and are being left to rot due to inactivity; there should be a motive for tower/estate owners to maintain at least a bare minimum of activity and for them to actually use their spaces they have purchased.

Personally speaking; I have made an effort to make sure my estate is being filled, with the majority of the houses and other buildings in my Herrington Estates having at bare minimum, one active player assigned to them, even giving a lot of my mountain space to a sports-team for free so that they can have a place to both rival the spartan property, and allow for lots of estate RP, I am still proactively looking for new players to live in the estate.

It is our duty as property owners to ensure that we are valuing our spaces and actually using them, as there are other new players, with their own new ideas that deserve a chance to flourish. I welcome private property owners, as well as regular players to voice their opinions.

I would like to also take a chance to highlight the Kintsugi Tower & Ripper Tower whom house more then their fair share of players. I think all towers and estates should aim to operate similarly.

Last edited:

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
+1 Often properties are over-looked. Additionally adding new buildings; Apartments, and other buildings that serve minimum use for the amount of players. Overall clearing these properties which are often neglected and ran by either banned players and/or inactive should be unclaimed and/or completely removed and replaced with better alternatives. A prime example is the Popovich Tower, once being a News Report station then being purchased by a player which is not inactive, possibly passed down to Pros at one point, although completely unused (as far as my knowledge). Another example is your example.

I believe that it would be beneficial for us as a community to clear out these properties, and repost them for availability given requirements.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 Often properties are over-looked. Additionally adding new buildings; Apartments, and other buildings that serve minimum use for the amount of players. Overall clearing these properties which are often neglected and ran by either banned players and/or inactive should be unclaimed and/or completely removed and replaced with better alternatives. A prime example is the Popovich Tower, once being a News Report station then being purchased by a player which is not inactive, possibly passed down to Pros at one point, although completely unused (as far as my knowledge). Another example is your example.

I believe that it would be beneficial for us as a community to clear out these properties, and repost them for availability given requirements.
I do not think they should be outright removed, simply put back on sale for new players to revitalise, otherwise - yes, an expansion to our small list of private properties either via adding new towers or apartments would be another suggestion in it of itself. (I currently house some prototypes for this on /plot visit SchoolRP)

Last edited:

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
IGN: Lernaean
DATE: 22nd November 2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Currently, a lot of the Player-owned towers/estates "Private Properties" are inactive. This is bad. There should be a quota for activity (similar to how shops have to open a bare minimum of 12 openings a month.), such as if the tower/estate meets the minimum member count (that is checked monthly), as well as a count for how many times a tower/estate owner requests creative to build in; if they do not meet these - then they should face refunded removal from their property.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Currently an overwhelming amount of private property is heavily inactive, properties such as the old Dot Tower (happily, Noot6 has been replaced with a new Owner, who has time to prove he can end this current cycle.), in example being a major offender, as during its two years of ownership, by players DarkWingRose and Noot6, it had never ONCE. had a single completed floor across it's entire existence, housing a total of zero players, and literally just ended up sitting there for that two year timespan.

I think a lot of players (especially ones that have since joined after the initial sale of those towers, who never got a chance to attempt to purchase them.) are frustrated with the facts these towers take up so much room and are being left to rot due to inactivity; there should be a motive for tower/estate owners to maintain at least a bare minimum of activity and for them to actually use their spaces they have purchased.

Personally speaking; I have made an effort to make sure my estate is being filled, with the majority of the houses and other buildings in my Herrington Estates having at bare minimum, one active player assigned to them, even giving a lot of my mountain space to a sports-team for free so that they can have a place to both rival the spartan property, and allow for lots of estate RP, I am still proactively looking for new players to live in the estate.

It is our duty as property owners to ensure that we are valuing our spaces and actually using them, as there are other new players, with their own new ideas that deserve a chance to flourish. I welcome private property owners, as well as regular players to voice their opinions.

I would like to also take a chance to highlight the Kintsugi Tower & Ripper Tower whom house more then their fair share of players. I think all towers and estates should aim to operate similarly.
+1

Agreed! It's mainly annoying knowing there is a lot of private property being occupied without being used at all which can drag out to years without anyone noticing.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1
These properties could be getting the proper use, though it feels like people use them more for status than actually using them for what they're meant to be used for. Please, if you're going to purchase a large property make sure you have a good reason. It takes it from the players that actually have good ideas on what they'll use it for.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

If it was possible for people to turn these towers into appartment buildings and profit off of rent, that would also be pretty cool and would create more housing

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

If it was possible for people to turn these towers into appartment buildings and profit off of rent, that would also be pretty cool and would create more housing
Most of them do. I currently rent at Ripper Corp Tower, and I used to rent at Myriad for years

si10k

Level 37
+1 Currently waiting on my friend's tower floor to get done I'm waiting for to be pasted in, It's been months, and in another I've had a room in a tower and I don't even fucking have my sign on the room yet and it has been more than 2 months for that one not going to use it if I can't even live there.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Logging Creative requests is not an accurate way of measuring someone is active as there's no accurate way to tell what they've used Creative for in the first place. As for players using their properties, the guidelines are fairly clear on how many players (at bare minimum) should have access / use their tower. Ideally, towers in the business park are meant for businesses, not families, but due to the lack of space on the map for larger properties we're unable to supply extra estates.

Tower owners inactive beyond 30 days (similar to apartments) will lose their tower, or have to supply good enough reason as to why they cannot log online to be given an extra month. As for passing ownership of a property, it will no longer be that simple, instead players will have to pay for the full property value which will in turn aid our economy issues.

As you're well aware there are guidelines for owning these properties, the previous inactivity of them have been handled & will be handled from now on, DM me if you come across any further issues.

Users who are viewing this thread