mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A small Rant about College Student Privilages

Coffeeccubus

Level 18
Alright, before you start yelling at me on how I was never a college student, I know. But this is a major issue to me because I know duckings and Im6 are bent on realism... So here it is.

It really does not make sense that college students are forced to be in school as if they were a high school student. It's really unrealistic because they are adults, and they can do whatever they feel like doing.

In real life, you do NOT have to attend class. It is actually your choice if you want that grade, or you'll just fail the class, or get dropped out. That's how it works, atleast from what I remember. College is supposed to be a reminder that you are no longer a kid, ad you have to do everything yourself. They also expect you to be responsible and capable of doing things on your own, as there is no hand me downs in college. You need to have your own supplies, attend, and listen to the lesson. Some professors will be nice and maybe give you something but again, it depends. They are adults too, and you will be treated in kind.

Again, as an adult, you literally have the freedom to do whatever you wish, no limitations. But know the consuquences too for the actions you do.

Now in SchoolRP, you ARE treated like a kid, even if you finish High School. You are STILL forced in the school, and police can still fine you. I don't know where this came from, but before the merge, the college students had adult rights along side, well... Adults.

I think this needs to come back. I know there may be a counterargument of "Oh well, if they don't go to the school, no activity!" I hardly see college classes get hosted anyway, so how? I know going to the school is the best place to talk to many people in a concentrated location, but it doesn't make sense how College people can't be adults, and decide if they wanna show up or not.

That's just my take. I could understand if it's an activity issue, but I really think them being fined as if they are 13-18 in high school is overkill.

Totalore

Level 138
if people think "well in japan its different"
then no
you're wrong
japan and the us, aswell as some other countries, arent actually too different when it comes to this. college students get to choose when they want to come to class.

if this was to actually get looked at by the staff team, and approved, then being in college would be the best role on the server. being able to choose whether be on school grounds or not is the one thing everyone wants in this server.

maybe they just dont want to have the college role seem too... good, i guess. college students would get a ton of freedom if they were allowed to be outside of school during school hours. maybe they just want to keep them, like all other roles, from having too much freedom. too much freedom would cause too much chaos (i.e complaining from other roles, arguements in ooc, etc)

Infold

Level 153
If you honestly want change, you don't rant about it. Instead, just make it a suggestion and share how it should be changed. A way safer approach.

CarnageRP

Level 30
CarnageRP
CarnageRP
Rich
The main reason why it is like this, Is due to the fact it’s the same in Japan, If your not on school grounds an officer can fine you, So really it makes sense.

suneater

Level 90
Difference is you get warned + possibly leading to a ban if you continue when not on school grounds, not fined

Xangaji

Level 78
How I feel about this whole "college students must be in school" system:

I have nothing to feel.

Last edited:

Shizai

Level 143
If you honestly want change, you don't rant about it. Instead, just make it a suggestion and share how it should be changed. A way safer approach.
Full heartedly agree with Infold here, drop a suggestion at #feedback for better result, however i'll still leave my opinion maybe you can use some of it for your feedback suggestion if you choose to do so.

As a former real-life community college student (the US, I cannot speak on how college runs for other countries, but I'm sure Japan would be more similar to us, thered not be reason to stay on school grounds when classes were not being held for a student, otherwise you'd be wasting your time at a school when you could do all of your work or studying from home), I can reassure you that you didn't have to be on school grounds 24/7, You would only go for classes, and even that was entirely up to you (the student) to go. IF you did not go to class that would just be you failing and wasting your own money and time, meaning there would be no reason for you to be in college, WITH college you have entire new freedom, You're an actual adult now, and as so you should get more freedom with being off of school grounds. I dislike how you are treated as if you are still a young kid, but you are a young adult. If you did not attend any classes you'd simply be a dropout- there should be more tests, and those who score low obviously have not been paying attention and they should get booted from College, also Classes also had a set schedule, time, and date. Everyone was mature, some tried to be funny, but no one was immature or bitchy, Set schedules for classes would be doable, if the professors got the ability to hold classes like events instead of doing class calls and it was entirely up to the college students to check out the class chat in a schoolrp discord for example, of course for that there'd need to be huge classrooms since every class would be scheduled and youd be required to participate, but it would make lectures/classes more interesting for the college body. Classes also ran for long periods of time, and you were responsible for everything you had to do it all yourself, just take notes during the lectures/classes, responsible for doing your work/projects. I do believe that College Students should not be forced to the grounds of school as highschool students are during school hours, but that's the only thing I could possibly see happening, BUT I STRONGLY believe that if that were to happen there should also be a drawback to this, For example, if you are informed of a class and do not attend so many classes it should be instant withdrawal from your college rank, or make it a rule that when College Classes are in session college students should be on school grounds during the class hours, and cops can chastise you for it, and get you a strike on your fine/rank/spot as college member.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread