players online

Denied Aaron_0_0's Lore Team Application:

HiMyNamesAaron

Level 14
HiMyNamesAaron
HiMyNamesAaron
Omega+
IGN: Aaron_0_0

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
hellomynamesaaron
Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I do.
Your time zone and current country of residence:
GMT - UK (England)
Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Nope, none. I'm not sure if this counts though, ill link it anyway: https://schoolrp.net/threads/aaron_0_0s-staff-application.64044/
Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes.
List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
School. I'm currently in my final year of school and I have my GCSE's to do and it's really important so I will probably be revisising for that. usually until around 5:00 pm after school (Monday - Friday) I'll be available after that time and on the weekends aswell!
What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing allows me to unleash my creativity. It's a medium through which I can express my unique ideas, thoughts, and stories. Whether it's fiction, poetry, or non-fiction, writing offers me a canvas for imagination!
Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I have experience with creative writing because I sometimes do it as a hobby for when I'm bored. When it comes to writing, I teach/improve myself. However, I have no experience with writing lore just yet.
In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore refers to a body of knowledge, stories, traditions, or information that is often passed down through generations within a particular culture, community, or fictional world. It encompasses the collective wisdom, history, and mythology of a group or setting, serving as a repository of shared experiences and beliefs. Lore can encompass a wide range of subjects, including legends, customs, rituals, and historical accounts, and it often plays a crucial role in shaping the identity and understanding of a culture or universe. Whether it's the folklore of a real-world culture or the rich lore of a fantasy realm, it adds depth and context to the narratives and traditions it represents.
WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

In the pressure cooker of college entrance exams, the lives of two inseparable friends, Emma and David, hang in the balance. They've dreamed of attending the same prestigious university for as long as they can remember, but a series of unexpected events threatens to tear their dreams apart.

Emma, the embodiment of discipline and sacrifice, has poured her heart and soul into preparing for the college entrance exam. She's spent sleepless nights with her textbooks, maintained a flawless GPA, and consistently scored at the top of practice tests. This university represents not only her academic ambition but also her family's hope for a brighter future.

David, a gifted artist with an extraordinary talent for painting, has always nurtured his passion alongside his studies. His artwork has gained recognition, and he's been offered an invitation to exhibit his work at a prestigious art gallery, an opportunity that would skyrocket his budding career as an artist but conflicts with the date of the college entrance exam.

As the fateful exam day draws near, emotions run high between Emma and David. Emma insists that David must prioritize their shared dream of attending the same university, fearing that any deviation from their plan could jeopardize their admission. She believes their friendship hinges on this shared accomplishment.

David, torn between his love for art and loyalty to Emma, grapples with the enormity of the decision. He sees the art exhibition as the culmination of years of hard work and dedication to his passion, a chance to make his mark on the world. But he can't ignore the years of dreams he's shared with Emma.

The conflict escalates as they confront their deepest fears and desires. Their shared goal, which once bound them together, now threatens to tear them apart. With the weight of their futures hanging in the balance, Emma and David face a decision that could reshape their lives and test the true strength of their friendship.

This character conflict within the context of a college entrance exam explores themes of friendship, ambition, sacrifice, and the profound impact that life-altering decisions can have on individuals' futures.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The Sewer Guardian of Karakura

Beneath the bustling streets of Karakura lies a vast network of sewers, a place shrouded in urban myths and eerie tales of a mysterious guardian known as the Sewer Guardian.

Decades ago, when Karakura was a rapidly growing city, the sewer system was expanded to accommodate the increasing population. Deep within the labyrinthine tunnels, there lived a creature that had adapted to this subterranean world—a massive alligator.

The Sewer Guardian, as locals came to refer to it, was a formidable creature, its size and strength a testament to its years of survival in the dark and treacherous tunnels. Its gnarled scales were the colour of muck and silt, camouflaging it perfectly in the murky waters of the sewers.

The legend of the Sewer Guardian had its origins with a city worker named Hiroshi. He was known for his tall tales and wild imagination, and he often spoke of the massive alligator that lurked beneath the city streets. Most dismissed his stories as mere urban legends.

One fateful night, Hiroshi ventured into the depths of the sewers, his curiosity getting the best of him. Armed with nothing more than a flashlight, he waded through knee-deep water, his steps echoing in the damp silence.

As he delved deeper into the tunnels, Hiroshi heard a low, guttural growl, and his flashlight revealed the piercing eyes of the Sewer Guardian lurking in the shadows. It was a heart-stopping encounter, and Hiroshi quickly retreated, his heart pounding.

But Hiroshi's encounter with the Sewer Guardian changed him. He became obsessed with the creature, returning to the sewers again and again to study it from a safe distance. He documented its habits and movements, becoming the unofficial expert on the enigmatic guardian.

Over time, the legend of the Sewer Guardian evolved, fueled by Hiroshi's accounts. Locals began to view the alligator as a symbol of the city's resilience and adaptability in the face of adversity.

To this day, the Sewer Guardian of Karakura remains a part of the city's lore, a reminder that even in the depths of urban landscapes, there can be untamed pockets of nature. While the creature's existence may be more grounded in reality than myth, its presence serves as a testament to the city's ability to coexist with the natural world in unexpected ways.

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Both prompts felt underwhelming. You may address this by finding diverse locations and ideas.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Work on tone of the story, as well as the diction of the writing.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread