What is your Minecraft username?:

BrokenMangle78

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Abigail_17#2746

How old are you?:

What is your time zone?:

EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I fully acknowledge that if I am ever inactive that I will be demoted. Also, I understand that I need to be mature and put in my full effort being a teacher as well as completing 15 classes within a month or more. I want to show people that I am ready to take this role seriously if I get it and to gain people's trust. Finally, I am willing to let a staff member know if I am going to be inactive say a weekend or for a family emergency if this ever happens so they know that I will need time to myself or anything.

Describe your activity on the server:

My activity averages from 4 - 6 hours a day, I am online for school so I have plenty of time to be active as well as this is the only server I mainly play on. I am great at multitasking, finding time to do homework and focus on my online classes in between. I play before my classes start, around my lunch break then right after school ends.

Do you have any previous bans?:

I have 3 previous bans and I regret doing these actions. I got banned 3 times for erp in the past when I first started which was a few months past, I would say around last October and the other two were before that. I want to take back my stupid and immature actions that I did those days. I have never once done them again ever since. I wasn’t thinking about the consequences while doing this and I know I was acting inappropriate and irresponsible. To the staff I may have upset or bothered, I am truly sorry and I have improved in my eyes and have owned up to my mistakes. These actions in the future will never come up again. I have learned my lesson completely. I know the rules to srp now a lot better than I did before due to my friends helping me out and many other staff members along the way. I apologize to everyone from the bottom of my heart and hope you will be able to give me another chance to prove myself.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

School Counselor Application [Denied]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-counselor-application-brokenmangle78.36284/

College Application [Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application.34856/

Service Dog Application [Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/brokenmangle78-service-dog-application.37835/#post-118722

Language (JSL) [Denied]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/brokenmangle78-jsl-request.37778/#post-118702

Language (JSL) [Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/brokenmangle78-language-jsl-application.38304/#post-120219

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Age 20 - College [Bachelor]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I want to apply to be a Performing Arts - Culinary Teacher.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I have many different motivations for becoming a teacher on School Roleplay. In real life I love to cook and bake for my friends, family and parents. During my sophomore year of high school I took two Culinary classes 1 & 2 both terms. The first class was mainly about baking and the second one was more in depth cooking dinner meals. Ever since those two classes I have been baking my heart out mainly, baking homemade cookies. The cookies range from chocolate chip to peanut butter cookies and everything in between. I also have baked a wide variety of other desserts and sometimes pastries, when it comes to cooking meals I have some meals that I can do. I can cook mac & cheese homemade, have helped my mom make her homemade pasta sauce, meatloaf and a lot of other delicious meals. Obviously, most of the meals that I can’t cook homemade are from a recipe online but I follow it down to the last detail. For the simple breakfast meals I make are scrambled eggs, belgian waffles, my moms french toast recipe, etc. I love cooking, it is something I want to do when I grow up so I figured that detailing how to cook something and teaching about it would be a blast on srp.

My other motivation is from meeting two of my closest friends now on School Roleplay, they recently got accepted as being teachers one for English and the other for D.T. They both made it seem like being a teacher is exciting and entertaining but they also, it is a lot of hard work which I am willing to do. I think giving students the chance to detail cooking something would be very interesting and make the whole school atmosphere more active. It would give everyone a chance to work on detailing and making their writing stand out and be amazing. I am applying for myself but for the whole server cause I think so many people would enjoy this class. Also, I remember attending a Culinary class when I first logged onto school roleplay for the first time and the experience was phenomenal, I miss that feeling so I want to bring it back again for everyone to experience.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I am completely aware of this and am willing to go through all and any amount of teacher training to become qualified. Going through teacher training is very beneficial, giving me a chance to know how to act with the role. Also, the knowledge of how to act during stressful situations, undergoing training is fully necessary and I am ready to take my time with it.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

The teacher class logs are essential and without them classes wouldn’t be able to be held. The logs keep track of the teachers who are active and keep count of the number of classes one has held. Meeting the 15 classes a month has to be met in order not to get demoted, going the extra 15 shows staff that you can be trusted and are ready to work hard with this role as a teacher. Also, it gives a chance for the teachers that are active to be promoted. The teacher class logs keep everything in order and organized, without this feature people would take advantage of being inactive.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Rule 1: Treat others with respect.

Rule 2: Listen to the teacher when she is talking, no interrupting. Raising your hand is ALWAYS required.

Rule 3: No phones in class, having one out will result in it being taken. In the kitchen you cannot be distracted, any distractions will be taken away and given back at the end of class.

Rule 4: Keep your hands to yourself at all times.

Rule 5: No swearing, harassment or bullying, not following this rule will result in a warning. If not followed the first time or second time then it will lead to detention.

Rule 6: Do not distract other classmates.

Rule 7: No Alcohol in the classroom, back to rule 5 if not followed.

Rule 8: If you need help, do not be afraid to ask the teacher for help, always ask for help if needed.

Rule 9: No food or snacks in the classroom, allowing water bottles is essential as it is important to stay hydrated.

Rule 10: Make sure to participate. Also, when I give out books do not write anything inappropriate in them. If this happens it result in a strike or two depending on what is written or said in it.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have experience detailing situations with cooking in the past, between the first Culinary class I was in and cooking for one of my friends as my character. Otherwise, I make sure to detail a lot even if it is just a little movement or action. I try my best to make my roleplaying interesting for others by also making what my character says detailed. Other than the detailing I have made sure to have a better understanding with the rules as well when it comes to gangrping. Personally I don’t like gangrping at all but I have made it a priority to learn the basic rules of it just so I know what is right and wrong when it comes to protecting my character.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning:

Head Department

↳ Description:

The head department of teachers are there for any of the teachers below that need help or seek advice. Their job is to make sure all the classes are running smoothly and well. Each subject has a head department so they are there to guide other teachers in need. Also, they have been teaching for years so they have the most experience in teaching in that certain department.

- QT

↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

Qualified teachers have the knowledge and have been teaching for a while, they know and understand how to run a class properly. They have been through so much training and have the skills to help out Newly Qualified teachers if they need to.

- NQT

↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

Still a new teacher and gaining knowledge to become a better teacher, at this point you can hold classes but are still rather new to everything. You can hold 15 classes or more when you become a newly qualified teacher.

- UT

↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description:

This person has just been accepted as being a teacher and must go through teacher training to learn the ins and outs of being an outstanding teacher. Once they go through their training and pass it, they can become a Newly Qualified Teacher and start to hold classes for students.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers on SRP make everything connect and make the experience more beneficial and interesting. They help keep school hours lively by holding classes for the amount of class time they have per period, they do not stop teaching until the bell rings. Teachers in game get ¥450k for 15 classes they hold in a month, you have to hold 15 in a month to keep the job as a teacher. You can always claim a bonus for ¥50k by holding an extra 10 classes. Teachers are also there throughout all hours of school until it is home time, when they aren’t holding classes they are roaming the hallways to check if students are in class. Also, they make sure no bullying or harassment is going on anywhere and if there is that said student(s) will get detention after two warnings. Teachers have to also make sure to hold detention if they aren’t busy. Finally, you have to be willing to spend a few hours or more setting up your lesson to be able to teach the next day.

In real life teachers are very dedicated and true to their jobs. They spend countless hours setting up classes, going to teacher meetings, grading homework, helping students and most importantly having a good relationship with their parents. Teachers get paid differently depending on what state or country they are in and depending what degree they have. Teachers with bachelor's degrees get paid $57,845. Then, teachers with a masters degree get paid $65,026. If they keep on teaching and have the safety and trust they will be given a raise or paid more depending how many years they have been working at said school. Teachers in Japan make around 200,000 to 600,000 yen per month. Then in Japan for tutoring hours they get paid 3,000 yen an hour. High school teachers serve a gateway into college, teaching students how to be mature and teaching them whatever subject they chose and all the knowledge they learned about it. They give students that require extra time, the time that they need depending if they have a disability or just need extra help in general. Teachers give their all and make sure their students succeed, they don’t want their students to fail, cause that makes them fail at their job as well. They do whatever it takes to protect and make sure all students have a safe and wonderful learning experience.

Teachers in real life, spend their after school hours grading assignments, catching up on emails and responding to them, making sure to email any students if their grades are low, contacting parents if their kid did something inappropriate and so many other important things. There is so much that a teacher needs to do in and out of school, staying organized and neat is key to reducing stress in any given situation.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The teachers of SRP make everything run smoothly on the server, without them school hours would be boring and dull. They serve the purpose of making the server fun and enjoyable for others. People who join love spending time in the classroom cause they are interested in what that teacher has to teach. Without teachers everyone would be standing still bored, teachers on SRP keep everyone entertained and on their feet.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system on SRP is just like it is in real life. You spend the day before getting your lessons together and what you want to teach, go over it a few times to edit and change it. Getting ready the day before or even a couple days before that is so beneficial because it reduces stress. Saving it for the last second would be a disaster and you wouldn’t remember what you had to teach. Being on time, ready to teach and calm are three key steps to being a great teacher, there are obviously so many more but those three stick out to me. Without lesson planning, teaching a class on your own with no information would be a disaster.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Isabelle “Izzy” Auroras would be a 5’6 female, weighing 110 pounds. She would have long blonde hair with the sweetest looking blue eyes. Her eyes would remind people of a beautiful ocean and she would smell like coconut wherever she walked. Izzy would be friendly to everyone she meets, always spreading love and joy around her. She has a thought process that everyone who she meets she should be sweet to because you never know what that person is going through. She shows respect to all students, teachers and all school employees. As a college student, Isabelle knows to act mature around the other students not doing anything inappropriate around them. She understands that high school students look up at her and expect her to be mature and appropriate. Teachers always get respect by Isabelle because of the hard work they put in, she shows anyone that she can be trusted and handle being calm. She knows in order to become a teacher she needs to show them that she is ready as well by not starting any trouble. Basically in other words, treating others the way she would like to be treated. Isabelle’s personality is not very common in the town of Karakura, she is very loving, caring, joyful and giving. Other people around the town of Karakura aren’t the best people so she makes it a goal to show people friendliness. My character's plan for the future is to be the best teacher around right now. She has a goal to help all students with anything, kinda like a psychologist. Eventually after being a teacher, she wants to become part of the EMS team but she wants to wait on it to help students with what she truly loves right now and that is cooking. She wants to spread her enjoyment of culinary to everyone in the town and to give them an outlet to feel no stress or anxiety. In the future she wants to also start a family with someone her age that is another adult or a teacher. She always dreamed about having a family and kids to take care of and being a loving and caring mother. Isabelle has way too many plans for her future but she knows right now she needs to focus on being the best teacher.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Isabelle would approach the situation quickly so it doesn’t get anymore out of hand or so they don’t disturb any other classes around that are going on. She would calmly and respectfully tell them to stop swearing and fighting, if they don’t stop by the first warning or second then they would get detention. They should learn the first time to stop as school is supposed to be a peaceful and safe environment with no swearing or inappropriate actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Isabelle would yell to her class saying, “Everyone pay attention, I asked you to come to class ready to learn and I worked hard on this lesson, show respect!” If no one quiets down she would go around giving people that were disruptive warnings for disrespecting her as she does not take kindly to her lesson being interrupted. If they do not stop by the second warning, they would be sent to detention right after school for disrespecting a teacher during their time of teaching a class. Other people want to learn and Isabelle will not tolerate people acting immature in her class when others are eager to learn.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

When my character is in the teacher’s lounge she will get some coffee, sit down softly on the chair or couch and relax. If there are other teachers around she would talk with them about their experiences with teaching or start other conversations about different topics. She would also use this time to go over her next lesson if she was alone, going over the recipe she had planned for her next class. If another teacher or school employee walks in while Isabelle is reading, she would put down her book as she practices a lot already and get to know the teacher or employee. She wants to have a really good relationship with other teachers and be friends with them so she can help them and they can help her as well.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &dIsabelle would be sitting down as her students walked in, moving her notes and books on her desk as she looked around the classroom at all the students, smiling brightly. As the last student walked in she’d get up, going around her desk, standing in front of the class, speaking in a calming voice &f”Good morning my name is Isabelle, I am your Culinary teacher and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be teaching all of you today about my favorite subject, lets begin.”

/me &dShe’d walk past each student's cooking station, looking at what they have made quickly before turning to the next student. Isabelle would notice the student hasn’t got started cooking yet, saying softly &f”Do you need any help? It looks like you are struggling, I can give you some advice and tips, don’t be nervous to ask.” &dShe’d place her hands on the table gently, looking at the student, giving off a warm smile, trying to make the student more relaxed

/me &dIsabelle would walk over to the two students arguing at their desks, walking over to them slowly, resting her hands by her sides, saying in a sharp tone &f”What seems to be the problem here? You are causing a scene when other students are trying to focus on baking. Please focus on your own stations and try to ignore one another.” &dShe’d look at both of the students, giving a neutral smile quickly, walking back to the front of the class, keeping her eyes on them just in case

/me &dShe’d look at the whole class as they were still talking after she said she wanted to start, taking a deep breath to calm herself from not yelling too loud, raising her voice loudly &f”Everyone quiet down! I will not ask again for your attention, next time will be a warning. You all came her to learn how to cook and bake for yourselves so please listen and keep your eyes on me when I talk” &dShe’d glace around the classroom, keeping the serious look she had on her face, looking down at her notes so she can focus again at the lesson at hand

Backstory

Isabelle was born in New York with two parents that adored and loved her when she was born. When they brought her home she was the cutest thing and always seemed to want to explore and discover things. However, when her parents had Isabelle they were very young and weren’t really expecting to have a kid but it was too late to change that. Her mom stayed true to her word but for Isabelle’s dad he was very distant and never seemed to be full there when it came to helping out with Izzy. As time passed and Isabelle grew up she noticed that her dad was neglective and a very cold person. At the age of 6, her parents got a divorce for a good reason to, there were a bunch of nights where her dad would come home so drunk. Isabelle’s mom didn’t want her to notice the abuse that was going on so every night she would send her up to her room right after dinner just in case. One night it got so bad that Isabelle could hear the screaming and hitting from her bedroom, she would shake and cry into her pillow when she heard those noises. She knew what was going on but couldn’t do anything about it, she would sob for hours in her room, imagining what she was going through. Once the divorce came around, Isabelle was crying in joy cause she knew her mom was in such pain and had bruises on her cheeks sometimes from her ex-husband. Isabelle and her mom eventually had to move out due to her ex-husbands family being so close, she knew they had to get out of there as soon as possible. She didn’t want to take the risk of him coming back or his family pestering and harassing her for divorcing him. They both took a flight over to Japan and settled on a town called Karakura, Isabelle was 14 when they both moved here and her mother was 34. Karakura was perfect for them and they felt it as soon as they moved into their new home. Throughout the years of living there, Isabelle got to know the town really well. She knew that there was a lot of crime that happened but you just had to stay away from the people that wore masks. There was also the very peaceful side of Karakura that Isabelle fell in love with and enjoyed. She met some amazing friends that support her and loved her even to this day as she is a college student now. Isabelle wants to make her mom proud by becoming the best culinary teacher in the town of Karakura. She also wants to show her friends how far in life she has come by becoming a high school teacher and how much she has grown and matured. Isabelle is seeking out more than college, she wants to become a full adult now and is getting tired of being in college. She wants to prove to her peers and students around Karakura that she is ready for this change and willing to work harder than ever at this job. Finally, she wants to prove to herself that she can reach her goals and dreams in life. She wants to prove her dad wrong when he said, “Isabelle will amount to nothing in life because she wasn’t meant to be born.” She wants to prove her dads quote wrong cause it has been haunting her for years. Isabelle eventually wants to have kids or adopt them as well so becoming a teacher will be able to bring her the money to support them and give them the love they need. Isabelle cannot wait for this change in her life if she gets to become a culinary teacher and is ready to move on from her boring college life.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Isabelle

Title (Mrs, Miss):

Miss

Given Name(s):

Isabelle

Preferred Name:

Isabelle

Age (Minimum is 27):

Female

Religious Denomination:

Catholic

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

American, Japanese

Current Location:

Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

1 year of working experience

Academic Degree:

Masters

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Culinary Arts, Baking & Pastry Arts

Minors:

Psychology, English

Native Languages:

English

Other Languages:

JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?

I do not

Additional notes about your application:

I think my application should get accepted over others because I have really changed as a person from when first starting on SRP. When I first started out on the server, it was a shaky start but now I know the rules a lot more in depth. I am willing to show my all if I get this role and prove that I am ready to mature even more than I already have. Even if I don’t get this role I will still continue to prove myself trustworthy and stay a changed person, never going back to what I used to do. I will keep on trying to get the Performing Arts position if I get denied, being a teacher on SRP has always intrigued me and I won’t give up on trying to get it. I was always nervous about applying for roles because of the past bans I got but I know now I can put that behind me cause I have come a far way and changed for the better.

(Another Note:) I just realized that the Culinary position was taken, I was looking at Performance Arts the whole time thinking it was going to be under there and stopped looking underneath, I am so sorry. If this application gets accepted I would love to be a writing teacher under English teacher cause I see there is another opening there. Again, sorry for the inconvenience, I should have been more observant and realized Culinary was taken. However, being a writer is the next best thing and it is something that I really love doing as well. I love writing short stories and long stories as well as background character stories. Teaching about how to be a better writer, using proper grammar and free writing is another thing I am very passionate about.

Sorry for editing so many times, had ideas that came to me, I know I applied for the wrong section but it was to late to edit anything as the applications are reviewed today. I spent the day working on this yesterday and submitted it around 4 PM my time. I didn't want to redo the whole thing cause then I would have had to rush and stay up really late and I have online school today. If it gets accepted I hope I can go for a different available role. I have some amazing ideas if I could switch to being a writing teacher.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Performing Arts Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
- You don't exactly have the best history on the server, however I appreciate the effort shown in this application and I'm willing to give you a shot.
- Culinary is under 'Design Technology' and is currently full, so you'll be given Performing Arts (Drama) instead.
- Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread