mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

[ACCEPTED] Colette Moreau's College Professor Application

Demurity

Level 35
Basic Information

What is your Minecraft username?: eloquenced

How old are you?: I am 14 years old, turning 15 in October.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I do not have any previous bans on the server that I’m aware of.

What Country are you from?: I’m from Canada and am in the EST timezone.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, I have discord, my discord username is Solophia#7477

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, however with myself dedicating several hours to this server daily, I can promise this won’t happen.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I’m on forums every day, always checking the roleplay documents, my friends’ applications, and more possible opportunities I can find on forums. I check often for new things I can do on forums as I enjoy writing applications and reading those of others, but want to stick with activities in my comfort zone. When the professor applications opened up I had already been working on this application which had been sitting at the back of my head for quite a while.
As for the server, I’m on every day for at least a couple of hours. Before the AR check was deleted, my number of days on the server had been around 9, however now I’m positive it’s at least double if not more. I mainly use my other account, demurity, however, this is because I am working on getting an occupation on this account which I know I’ll use very often if I am to get this position as the subjects I’m hoping for I am very passionate about in real life and I intend to meet my quotas each month.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
Demurity:
College Student Council Application [Accepted]
College Application [Accepted]
French Language Application [Accepted]
Chinese Language Application [Accepted]
April 2020 Hospital Internship Application [Accepted, however sent through discord. I’m happy to provide proof if needed.]
Eloquenced:
French Language Application [Accepted]
Swedish Language Application [Accepted]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
I want to be a professor on SchoolRP as I’ve been on the server for a while and always wanted to become some sort of teacher at the school as I loved the idea. I’d spoken to a professor about what the work of one entailed on the server and I was very interested in what I’d heard. In real life, I love the idea of becoming some sort of teacher but I am more interested in less generic subjects. This is why I’m looking to become a professor rather than a teacher. I’ve done quite a few things now I’d say on the server, from working at a shop, doing a college internship, and getting on the student council, however something I’ve never had the chance for is applying for an adult, full-time job. When I set up my alt I knew I wanted to become a college professor, my first choice immediately. Working as a college staff seems enjoyable and the creative aspect of lesson planning and interacting with students. And considering that most college students go to class with the hopes of learning I know that for the most part both parties will be motivated in the lessons.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes, I’ve roleplayed on this server actively since October of 2019 and have roleplayed in general for almost 5 years now. Admittedly I have not roleplayed as an Adult yet on SchoolRP however I’ve seen what it’s like from friends and have been a shop employee, college student, and councillor. I have summarized my roleplay experience below but overall I can confirm that I know all the rules of roleplaying on SchoolRP and if I ever discover a set of rules in roleplay that I didn't know about on the server I make sure to learn them as quickly as possible to ensure the best experience to myself and others around me.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The classroom logs, as sort of hinted by their name, are individual logs detailing the classes that a college professor has taught. A classroom log includes the professor, most likely a description of the class and its activities, the time of the class, and more. The classroom logs are important for two main reasons. First off, they control the professor’s pay- the number of classes a professor holds each month determines their paycheck, in a system similar to the quotas of an EMS. Another reason for the importance of the logs is that they help assure staff above the professors such as VPs and the College Dean that the professor is still active and holding classes, and that they do not need to worry about the position being held by someone who is slacking off.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
There are 5 main strict rules for students specifically when in a class;
1. No talking out of turn or without permission from the professor. This rule is to ensure that when a professor or another speaker is giving the class a lesson, the students are able to focus on learning, taking notes of the lesson, and not being interrupted by their peers about most likely off-topic subjects.
2. No eating in class. This is to make sure that no messes involving the food happen nor chaos being caused or noisy disruptions. This also includes no drinking/liquids, exempting students with medical needs.
3. Keep phones turned off in class. Phones only make a class disruptive and unless permitted by the teacher or used in an activity, they add nothing good to a class other than a distraction for ‘bored’ students.
4. Treat the staff and your peers with respect, remembering to treat others the way you wish to be treated and that everyone is there trying to do their best.
5. No inappropriate language such as swearing or foul words. This can cause uncomfortableness to others in the class as well as be very immature and disruptive to those around, and overall, students should try to act mature, especially considering their ages.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I’d say this server has been the most experience in roleplay that I’ve ever had, however admittedly I haven’t been a longtime player compared to others on the server. I joined this server in 2016/2017 and played actively for a short time, before never returning until October 2019, when my activity on the server peaked and now I’m on the server for at least a few hours each day, always looking for something to do. I believe myself to be well informed with all the rules on the server and a
Outside of this server, I’ve roleplayed in less formally roleplay type servers. For the past 5 years I’d go from creative server to creative server where plots would be used to make roleplays that ranged from School, Fantasy, Laboratory, Supernatural, and more were built by average people. Obviously these were never the best made however they gave me a ton of experience in tools such as /me and helped me towards building good OCs. For a short time in 2018 I roleplayed on a Harry Potter based server, and stuck around for a short while before moving on to other things. That was my first experience in a server fully dedicated to roleplay. While I do have a record of leaving other servers, I know I won’t leave this one- with quarantine giving me a very flexible schedule and this server being by far the best of any type of roleplay server.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
A college professor is tasked with teaching students about their specific subject however this is not all. They must plan out their lessons carefully, be well-informed on their teaching subject, and maintain a good environment in their classroom, and keep students interested in their course. They are also expected to carry out discipline to students. While high school students are given more leniency when they act out, the same cannot be given to college students as they are in college to learn and the education they are receiving at this point in their life is a privilege rather than a given, unlike high school. This means that college professors should not hesitate to be swift in their discipline to immature students. But just like their students, a college professor is expected to be mature and professional at all times, representing a good image for the staff of Karakura College.
A college professor's salary is controlled by their classroom logs and the number of classes they hold. If a college professor is to hold 15 classes in a month, as expected, they earn 300,000 yen. For every extra 5 classes they hold, they receive an extra 50,000. This means if a college professor manages to hold a whopping 30 classes, they would receive a paycheck of 450,000 at the end of the month.

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Colette Moreau is a 34-year-old woman with a lively face and French features. She has grey-brown hair and a few wrinkles that hint towards her age, however, her lively attitude and constant optimism give her a youthful nature that can captivate others and gain her the attention she can sometimes guiltily crave. While Colette can seem laid back with this attitude from far away, she is strict in disciplinary environments concerning her students or her own children, and will not tolerate immaturity in her classroom. Colette may walk into her classroom free-spirited and happy, however, she will not hesitate to change her attitude if students act out or even worse, keep her happy demeanor and smiling face as she gives a shocking punishment to a rulebreaker. Colette tries to be kind to everyone around her from students to teachers and will most likely look at her fellow professors with respect and be unhesitant to aid with a lesson or class. Colette's plans for the future are meek- she hopes to gain the closeness she lost with her children back and become a well respected, good professor in Karakura.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I'd try and get their attention quickly, and tell them to stop, warning about their possible punishment if they continue. Since they're already being chaotic and yelling as I find them I shouldn't try to be nice about asking them to stop considering the circumstances as well as the fact that considering that they're members of a sports team representing the school, they should be expected to act better. If they'd still refuse I'd be swift in punishment whether through detention or, if they still refuse cooperation and don't listen, the possibility of suspension or if they're college students, the possibility of getting kicked out.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Since we've already gotten over the fact that they won't listen to anything that I say I'd be swift in warning them of punishment, be it detention, or a trip to the Dean's office. If they wouldn't cease action at this point, I'd do exactly that. I understand the harshness of my choice, however as we established beforehand a college student is given much higher expectations than a high school student and they should be well informed especially from their accepted applications on how to act in a class.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me would walk into the classroom swiftly, closing the door behind her with a click. As she’d walk inside you’d hear the clicking of her heels. She’d come to the front, her expression turning to a warm smile as she observed the students, pressing her palms together before opening her mouth to speak.

/me would scan the faces of the students, watching their mannerisms, before glancing to [student name] and pointing at them. She’d divert her attention to them quickly, crossing her arms as she spoke their name. . .

/me would move towards the chalkboard, sketching out a diagram with specific symbols and labels to each section on what was forming to be a map of battle grounds, drawing a horse on the far side of the diagram.

/me would walk to her desk, before opening up a drawer and pulling out a stack of empty notebooks. Taking the stack, she’d move back to the front of the class, placing the books on the table across from her.

/me would give the student a stern look, her stare sharp and like nothing that they’d seen before. Without a word, she grabbed a slip of paper, scribbled something on it, and handed it to the student.

Backstory
Colette Moreau was born in Nice, France to a wealthy businessman and his mistress, which was hidden to her, and she was raised to believe that his wife was her biological mother. As a young child, Colette quickly became interested in history and fashion and was fascinated with Greek and Roman mythology, earning herself many different books on it. As an only child, she was doted on by both her father and his wife. The outside world was almost hidden to her- she was shielded from negative aspects of life, which led her to have a very bubbly personality growing up. However when she was ten years old, this changed for her drastically. Her father’s affairs had been uncovered, and she was forced to cope with the fact that her mother was not her mother. After an intense and traumatic custody battle, Colette was forced to choose between giving her father or his ex-wife custody of her. To everyone’s surprise, she chose his ex-wife, and Colette and her newfound mother moved from Nice to Bromma, Sweden to live out a new life.
Colette quickly picked up Swedish and for four years, she was happy. But in her fourth year there, when she was newly 14, she met a boy two years older than her and became quickly infatuated. Before she knew it, she was pregnant with a young boy. With her mother distraught and refusant of an abortion due to her own beliefs which Colette heavily disagreed with, she had to choose between keeping the child or giving him up for adoption, and decided to do what she could to give her newborn baby boy Tristan a good life. But when she was 15, the boy she was still with assaulted her against her will, and she found herself to be pregnant with not one, but two fetuses. With her mother’s headstrong insistence on keeping the children, Colette gave birth to two girls, Belle and Adelia, and balancing her schoolwork and three children, began to struggle. But her mother and her fellow family in Bromma all worked to try and help her with the children, and while Colette was never able to forgive her mother’s forcefulness of her two pregnancies, she came to peace with it. But when she was threatened with becoming a single mother thanks to the boy planning on leaving her, she had another child with him at the age of 16 in the hopes of keeping him there, which seemed to work temporarily.
With a cloud of judgment over her head in Sweden for being a single teen with four children, her mother suggested moving to Japan in the hopes of a fresh start, where younger mothers were normalized thanks to the age of consent. However, Colette was rejected citizenship there for financial reasons. Despite this, however, Japan was ready to allow her children citizenship considering their difficult living situation and sole caregiver. So with the hope of one day seeing her children again, Colette packed their bags at the age of 18, and Belle, Tristan, Adelia, and Simon moved to Karakura with foster parents ready for them. Colette was distraught that she had to leave them but knew she would work however much she needed to see them again, so she began to study to become a college professor, and became fluent in Japanese. In her studies she quickly turned back to the stories of history and fiction that she loved so dearly and gained a passion for not simply Ancient Civilization but Creative Media. But her motivations were cut short when her then-boyfriend and the father of her children died in a submarine accident, prolonging her motivation to learn and leaving her in distress for years. But thankfully, she was able to set her goals straight after eons of guilt and mourning. She dreamed of one day teaching others about the significance of these different ages and groups of people and began putting in the work to get there. Now at the age of 34, after working many part-time jobs for ages, and raising her children to adulthood, Colette managed to go through the long and difficult immigration process. Now, returning to Karakura, she finally has the opportunity to become a college professor and teach what she loves, and she’ll do whatever it takes to get there.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Colette Moreau

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.

Given Name(s): ‘Coco’, ‘Cole’, ‘Letti’.

Preferred Name: Colette in a casual setting, Miss Moreau or Professor Moreau in a formal setting.

Religious Denomination: Christian.

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Japanese, French

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): N/A

Working Experience (# of years): 5

Year of Graduation: 2017

Major(s): Creative Writing, Ancient Studies Civilization

Minors: Philosophy, Journalism, World Religions

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: French, Swedish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I do.

Preferred Teaching Subject: The subject I wish to teach the most is Creative Media. If this isn’t possible, I’d like to teach Ancient History or Journalism.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
- I suppose I made it clear in the Character Info section, however I wish for my age to be 34 if this application is accepted.
- I have two accounts, demurity and eloquenced. I can still promise that despite this account being my alt, I’ll be very active in my position as I’ve always enjoyed the type of roleplay college professors are capable of doing, from interacting with the class to teaching things that some may normally find boring in a way that makes them interesting.

Do you have any questions?:
As far as I know, I don’t! Thank you for taking the time to read my application and I hope you have a good day.

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
ACCEPTED

- Amazing application, I enjoyed reading this one a lot and your passion to become a professor is something I look forward to seeing you embark on. DM on Discord for further instructions. [Banter#0001]​

Users who are viewing this thread