[ACCEPTED] Jinyoung College Professor Application

Jinyoung

Level 6
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Raavion

How old are you?:

Do you have any previous bans?:
I only had an IP ban from entering a banned alt, Else none.

What Country are you from?:
I am from the Philippines

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Yes I do, It is JinWooseok#9432.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge the consequences of being demoted once I go inactive.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I usually play on the server Everyday, trying to balance my time with my alts and I have visited the forums often especially when the roleplay guidelines are found here, just in case I need to confirm some rules or ensure that rules are not broken by accident.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kim-jinyoungs-language-application.22416/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kang-wooseoks-language-application.22547/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kang-wooseoks-korean-application.22616/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/lee-kang-wooseoks-korean-application.22622/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kang-wooseok-french-application.22780/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kang-wooseok-italian-application.22781/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kim-jinyoungs-college-application.22785/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kang-wooseoks-college-application.23260/ [Declined]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kim-jinyoungs-teacher-application.23424/ [Accepted]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
I have the passion to connect and be involved with communities that I sought. I am currently a teacher on the server and being one is amazing and fun. I enjoy my lessons, the students are nice and also being in authority of some delinquents are also included in my experience. However, what motivated me more to apply as a professor is the ability to teach realistically and strictly. Enabling me to have a full experience hands on teaching to students who listens, behaves and would successfully respect you as a teacher itself which I barely get from my highschool students. Another motivation bonus is the salary. I am running a family and have better visions in the future with them as we continue to grow. I wanted to help more, succeed more and be involved with both the educational path and the financial path as well.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I believe I have vast experience in Roleplaying, thinking that I have just started last year. However SchoolRP had opened my roleplay experience gradually making me exposed to different kinds of roles, in which I am still learning to be better. However, I am not completely ignorant to roleplaying as I did before.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The classroom logs is a documentation that the teachers or professors use to show their classes taught, ensuring that the professor or the teacher had been doing their jobs and making sure that the paycheck they would receive matches the amount of work made by them. This is very important to higher-ups as well for them to keep track of their employees if they are inactive, slacking or working hard enough to deserve their pay.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Some strict rules are:

1. Raise your hand when you want to speak, else do not speak while the lesson is ongoing
  2. Do not disrupt the class, if you act immature or disruptive in class a warning will be made. After three warnings, the student will be punishable by detention or a strike.
  3. Cheating, talking or discussing anything with their fellow classmates during a quiz will get a zero and will be warned.
  4. All cellular devices must be switched off
  5. No violence in class, whether it be verbal or non-verbal. A strike will be given.
Since I am currently applying for either Criminology or ROTC Military Courses I have some added rules on both courses:
  1. Must be in proper Military uniform to participate in ROTC Activities, else the student will be given a strike if they come in unprepared.All students must comply with the requirements and complete all tasks told to be done.
  2. Once class has started all students need to fall in line and be attentive to instructions. Instructions will only be repeated twice. If in case a student was not paying attention, an extra activity or consequence will be assigned to them
  3. Any display of toxicity within the class will be given a strike. 3 strikes will earn the student detention or a reasonable punishment.
  4. Do not damage any of the school property, if caught- consequences will be taken immediately.
  5. Any form of discrimination or disruption, whether or not the class in involved. The entire class will take responsibility for every student’s actions giving them time to realize that the class works as a team rather than enemies.
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I have started roleplaying on discord and was suddenly moved to a minecraft roleplay which made me experience more of the scenarios that were occuring. I’ve played role play in a server called CreativeFun, however as I found a school roleplay server, it gave me more in depth experience of living as my character.

College-Professor Knowledge
Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

The Tasks of a College Professor:
A College professor is more in depth in their lessons, much more stricter and more involved with their student’s educational career. They create a good path for their students to partake, ensuring that they gain hands-on-experience with the path they took. Involving real life situations, real crime scenes, real solutions and real puzzles that would rattle a bit of their brain to think logically, ****ytically and precisely. A professor is their gateway to the real adult world, and these professors are required to prepare their students by giving them realistic tasks and experiences, grading them to know where they stand, ensuring that they are absolutely prepared for what is about to come. If a professor failed to get their student prepared for the harsh adult world, then it is their responsibility why the student never got successful to their own career path.

Salary:
As I know, a College professor earns about 300,000 yen for the first 15 classes taught and it accumulates in 50,000 yen per 5 classes overtime.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Kim Jinyoung is 6’5ft tall Korean male with dark blue eyes and wavy brown hair. He spoke in a monotone voice and liked to dress casually. He loves the color red and has slightly dark skin. He usually stands out in the crowd by being comedic and very mysterious at times. He loves to help other people and make them feel protected. He is a very family oriented guy, and would like to have kids of his own.

He sees the students like his own children, who are interested in learning new things, listening to him for advice. He knows that not all students will be the same, and that all students will act the way they are uniquely. He knows how to handle kids with different attitudes and aptitudes. He knows very well that he can’t please everyone but, in certainties he knows how to listen well to the students and give them support to how he knows best.

Kim Jinyoung has a plan of helping students grow to help them achieve their career. He has a passion to protect others, ensure their safety and help students immerse in the world as a successful young adult.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
Firstly, I would approach them calmly and professionally, asking them to lower their voices down as it may be disrupting some ongoing classes and secondly I would remind them about school policy that screaming and shouting in the halls are not allowed. If in case the students would not listen to my warning, I would stand my ground and talk to them calmly and professionally, once again showing them my authority that following school rules will result them to a greater consequence. The sport-team members can continue their discussion outside of halls or take it to the sports ground.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
If a college student is disturbing the class I would take a deep breath and calm myself, to keep myself contained as I approach the student professionally asking for them to stop disrupting the class and for those who want to learn. I would suggest calmly to the student that if he/she wishes to leave my class, they’d be welcome to walk out of the door and I can just give them a strike for not behaving in my class well.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would walk in class and stand in an attentive position as he stared to his class, observing them quietly

/me would point from one end of the field to the other end of the field, indicating the end of the training run.

/me would have his chest out and his arms around his back pacing around the class ensuring that silence is observed and eyes are onto their papers.

/me would stand in front of the class with confidence as he glared at his students gaining their attention. He would then lift his right arm up, as his hand was placed stiffly over his eyebrows for a salute.

/me would take a deep breath and his chest out as he raises his voice, giving out instructions.

Backstory

Kim Jinyoung was born on the 1st of February, 2002 in Gyeonggi-do, Korea. He lived with his mother Kim Eunbi, his father Kim Jongseon, and two younger sisters- Kim Chaemin and Kim Soohyun. He studied at Hanlim Academy, taking up a career in performing arts. At the age of 12 his second sister died due to depression and their family were devastated to hear about the news. From then on, he took up science and psychology majors to help others in need. He was passionate about helping and understanding others, working his way up to the point of saving them- Something he could have done to his sister.

At the age of 15, he was deemed to be one of the Elite students in their highschool, gaining a reputation of being part of the student council at a young age and year level. He was satisfied with the recognition he had been getting and that the family had been slowly moving on from their downfall. His grades were outstanding, his dreams were big, and his passion were endless.

However, another tragic obstacle had met the family, His father had lost his job at the same year. Jinyoung- despite the bad luck his family is having- strived harder to get better grades in school as he continued to apply for part time jobs, freelance jobs or even a small side job to help the family. Jinyoung’s family earnings dropped drastically and his stress was getting the best of him. In 4 months of hard work for the family, Jinyoung’s father was able to grab an opportunity with a Japanese client that was recommended to him. The family was sent to relocate to Tokyo, Japan and for him and his remaining sister to transfer to Karakura High.

Upon arrival in Tokyo, Jinyoung and his Family seemed to be happier with their lifestyle and trying to cope up with a newer beginning. He proceeded to college taking up a Criminology major in Criminal investigations. In his 5 year course he had also been enlisted to the military to serve his country for 2 years. After his military pursuit he had applied to get a career in the educational path, teaching the things he had learned from his past. Unfortunately, due to the lack of subjects available he had proceeded into taking the subject culinary arts for highschool to grant him enough teaching experience in the future. As of now, he has been taking a few educational pathways to successfully teach Criminology and/or ROTC military courses, gaining him that master degree in the course.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details
Full Name: Jinyoung L. Whyos Kyeon
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Jin, Jinyoung
Preferred Name: Jinyoung
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Married
Nationality: Korean
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details
Teaching Experience (# of years): 5 years
Working Experience (# of years): 6 years with 2 years Civil service
Academic Degree: Master’s Degree
Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Criminology
Minors: Criminal Scene Investigations
Native Languages: Korean
Other Languages: English, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I have a TEFL Certificate that enables me to also teach English as a Korean.

Preferred Teaching Subject: ROTC/Criminology

Extra
Additional notes about your application (if any):
Do you have any questions?: None as of now.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
ACCEPTED

- Although this application is short, I am surprised on how much information you were able to squeeze in. Very impressive.

DM Me on Discord for further instructions​

Users who are viewing this thread