mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied AcciRP - Lore Team Application

AcciRP

Level 0
IGN: AcciRP

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?: KHSS#3276

What is your timezone/What country are you from?: I am from the United States of America and my timezone is EST/EDT.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?: I do, and I can speak via discord depending on the situation both in the call and in my environment. For example, I usually will not speak unless I am giving input or answering a question, or if I've been asked to speak.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?: I fully acknowledge that if I am inactive I can be removed from the team at any given time.

What makes you different from other applicants?: I have a very unique way of going about things, especially my writing. There’s this… structure. A backbone, so-to-speak, that I create either mentally or physically before beginning to print my mind’s thoughts to writing, to literature. Following this initial foundation, this backbone, I begin to expand the skeleton, broadening my ranges to allow a collection of different writing styles, diction, and syntax; I have the ability to create complex sentences, storylines, and backgrounds based on little to no information given beforehand; and I can bring about changes in these aforementioned writing styles and storylines with a minuscule amount of thought. This, above all else, is what I believe allows me to differ from others; this ability to create an initial structure, to allow it to grow and thrive, ****ogous to a tree, from which its branches sprout only the highest intellectual thoughts and patterns I convey through writing.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?: I write backstories for all my characters and continue writing their stories as I roleplay. I also write short fiction stories in my free time, mainly focused on fantasy and space.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1

Write a 200+ word essay on an average day for your character in Karakura.

The train came to screeching halt as its brakes ground against the metal bars beneath it. The doors slid open with ease, which seemed peculiar seeing that the metro was under-maintained and never cleared for repairs. Perhaps the doors had been oiled per request of metro users with delicate hearing. Or maybe they are those new doors the passengers to his right were grumbling about the entire trip here. Listening to those two argue felt like an eternity - although it could be the metro. It always did feel like an eternity to him despite the company's advertised timing of a mere five minutes for each stop.

Lazzero finally came-to when his coworker waved their hands in front of his eyes. He was caught in a trance, lost in his thoughts of space, his eyes sparkling with the luminosity of a thousand galaxies.

It was like this every day. It was routine.

Picking up his tattered red-black briefcase, Lazzero stood up and hit his head on the handrail below the storage compartment. Again. His free hand rested atop the area of impact in an attempt to alleviate at least some of the pain. He knew it wouldn't work, but he did it anyway.

Exiting the train, Lazzero took a detour to wash his hands. He had always been a germaphobe, and the thought of even a single germ caused him anxiety. What if I got the flu? Wasn't there that outbreak a few days ago? How many people have touched this thing anyways? Did I bring my hand sanitizer? He got carried away in his thoughts again, only to be rescued by the abrupt beeping from his watch. He was half an hour late of being two hours early. Unacceptable.

As he left the station, he looked up to the view of the orange-red sky painted by the sun. He recalled last night's episode of The Joy of Painting before being reminded of his reality. It was just another day in Karakura. Just another day of teaching. Just another day of students screeching. Just another day of constant chair creaking. But at the least, he knew it was going to be a good day. A good day indeed.

Writing prompt #2

Write a 300+ word essay on your character. Tell us about his/her history? What leads them to be the way they are?

Lazzero was born to a lower-class family in Rome. He grew up an only-child, inheriting only his mother's best traits - intelligence, cleverness, and intuition. He grew up on the principles of his father. The retainment of anger and expression of calmness is how he is almost all the time. He’s a kind, caring, gentle, and humble person, who takes respect on a level far beyond many other people. Lazzero took these principles to heart and would go on to carry them throughout the rest of his life.

In middle school, Lazzero had more friends than he could count. He was a vivid, friendly, popular kid who had the curiosity of a cat and believed nothing could ever stop him.

He was only thirteen when his father passed. Lazzero supported his mother in the years that followed, eventually graduating high school with flying colors. He moved to Karakura at age eighteen when his mother died of cancer, leaving him with no parents and an enormous medical bill he wouldn't notice until he graduated college.

Lazzero attended Karakura University for all of his undergraduate and graduate studies. He took up humanities for his major, learning during the day. At night, he worked as a part-time assistant at a stellar observatory located deep in Karakura's mountains. It was here that Lazzero learned what he truly wanted to become: a college professor.

The sights of the stars sparked his interest in teaching about space. He dropped humanities and chose to double major in cosmology and astrophysics. He minored in atmospheric chemistry and passed every class with an A. At the end of his final year in graduate school, Lazzero attended his graduation and received multiple academic degrees. His most famous degree was his Ph.D. in Cosmology. Not only was he proud of himself, but he was proud of the people around him.

Lazzero would end up marrying his college sweetheart and choosing to stay in Karakura to teach Cosmology at Karakura University. He rides the metro every morning and evening, and always tries to show up to work two hours early. The same way he has for the past twelve years.

Last edited:

NukaRndz

Level 53
Denied

Though I really do like the way you started out your 1st writing prompt, I see that the second one is detailed much like a biography, and less like something that shows how your character got to be who they are today.

-Thank you for applying, you will have the ability to apply again once the lore team has open spots.

Users who are viewing this thread