mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Acepostrapheussy Science Teacher application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?
: Acepostrapheussy

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?): MelodramaticScorpio#4420

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

How old are you? (Optional): Optional

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: I am usually active almost every day on the server during the day. I do work Irl throughout the week so I sometimes won't be on until the evening, but on weekends I am freer. However, I am very active on the server and usually spend time hanging out with friends, RP family and just having fun with others being silly.

Do you have any previous bans?: Nope!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server: None

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level): Ph.D. college student, swim team, cashier at Yeobos

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Psychology. If it is not available Sociology or Anthropology

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: My motivation for being a teacher is to help provide learning to students and in-depth educational roleplay for students. I want to involve students in the learning process and help increase their educational understanding of the subject(s) I would like to teach and give everyone a chance to achieve greatness and enjoy their time in school. I also want to provide an understanding of the concept of psychology, its history, and the fascination, and wonders of the subject as it is important to understand our mental health and the importance of maintaining mental health, learning about different psychological disorders, how our brains work, and the impact of the environment on our mental health.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training.: I understand!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Class logs are logs to help ensure teachers are keeping up with teaching and that classes are being held in the appropriate amount of time. It is important to also note that teachers are not over-holding classes or not holding enough classes so the system can give a fair share for all teachers to be able to hold classes during school time.

What are the strict rules when being in a class as a teacher?: Some strict rules to follow when being in class as a teacher are to adhere to the school rules. Rules such as being professional, not engaging in inappropriate relationships with students, keeping students from misbehaving, keeping students from fighting or cheating, and also being respectful to others such being other staff, coworkers, and students.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: The majority of my experience in roleplay consists of roleplaying lore with my in-game character family and friends, going on silly adventures, hanging out, or going to work. My character, Ace, in school, consists of him being a good student in his studies as he takes them seriously. I don't and have never really involved myself in gangrp situations or like to engage in conflict roleplay that involves fighting.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head department
↳ Description: The head department involves a teacher whose role is the overhead of that specific department. For example, a teacher who usually teaches Mathematics becomes head of that department of Mathematics and plays the role in final decisions in what curriculum content is approved or not approved to be taught to students, the decision on the appropriate test and exams to be given to students to test their knowledge, observations or other teachers and their lessons to ensure they run smoothly, decisions on department budgets for supplies. They also communicate with staff and teachers to ensure communication and needs are being met and assist with student success. Head department teachers hold leadership and management skills.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teachers
↳ Description: A Qualified teacher is a teacher who can hold a class and provide appropriate approved lesson plans provided to students. These teachers are fully trained and shown qualifications to be able to run a class that can be held for student education. They are trained with the proper skills, have an understanding of how the school is structured for the learning environment, and have a profound understanding of the subject of choice they wish to teach.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teachers
↳ Description:
Newly Qualified Teachers are teachers who have met the qualifications to become teachers. They have either begun training or finished up their training to show their understanding to be able to run and host classes and be a part of the school staff.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teachers
↳ Description: Teachers who have not yet met the standards and role to be able to host classes and provide lessons to students. They need to be provided with training in understanding how school is to be run, the role of teaching, and observing the school and class setting to gain an understanding of what is to be expected.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose teachers serve.
What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about how teachers teach and what they do in their spare time.

My knowledge about teachers in-game is that they are educators who provide and work with providing education to students. They enforce that students are learning and provide structured lessons of curriculum vital to the student's success. They also ensure as part of the staff in school that the school day runs smoothly and enforce the rules of keeping students from causing trouble, providing disciplinary actions, and stopping bullying. Teachers in-game earn a maximum of ¥500,000 per month, with NQT teachers starting with pay of ¥350,000 and QT earning ¥400,000),

My knowledge of out-of-the-game teachers is that they are educators who provide and work with providing education to students and adults. Teachers serve as the foundation of a world of knowledge and necessary skills in order to move onto different grades and schools and ensure students are getting these vital needs in order to successfully succeed once in the workforce or continuing education in college. Teachers are severely unappreciated and are at times providing students not just knowledge, but also supplies, ensuring the student's physical and mental health needs are met and ensuring children are retaining information when they leave the classroom. They also have to ordeal with informing families of their children's progress in the classes and making sure the parents are involved in their learning. They also work to make sure students are retaining the material in the course by providing tests and exams to see what students are understanding and need more assistance in fixing their lessons to help students struggling to understand the information to the best of their abilities. Teachers out of the game can earn about 200,000 to 250,000 yen per month in Japanese schools ($1,500 - 1,900, or about $40-50,000 a year)

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are important to school RP as they are one of the foundations of the server itself is a school roleplay server. Being a teacher provides a realistic roleplay within the server and gives players the ability to feel like they are actually in a classroom and able to roleplay as if they were in school in real life. Teachers also help provide realisticness to the Japanese style school system and within the game show the diversity of different characters that wish to provide education through roleplay.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Karakura High School works on the MoSCoW planning system; 'Must have, Should Have, Could Have, Will or Wouldn't Have.'

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.
What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Before you would stand Kamaeli, who would be of Hawaiian and Newzeland descent, at 5’8, 120 lbs. Her body type would uphold an hourly glass figure. Her features heavily on her Hawaiian heritage, with tan beautiful skin and long brown curly hair. Her pierced caramel-brown eyes would be what people notice first, She’d have a flawless jaw structure. She would sport an elegant style of clothing consisting of skirts or dresses in floral. She often spoke in a well-toned voice that was very feminine. She’d have a tattoo on her arm of different Hawaiian terms and one of Nani on her right chest. What makes them unique is their dedication to their work and passion for the subject(s) she chooses to teach, especially within the culture of Japan. She views students as vital for the next generation who can make a difference within the world and views educating them as important to give them a worldwide education and want to help them succeed in doing so. She also wants to provide students a way out of crime and away from bullying which she has a low tolerance for and wants everything to be treated equally. She views other teachers and staff are ones to respect and co-workers she could learn from and build connections within learning and providing advice. Their plans in the future are to eventually either work as a professor in Psychology or eventually work in the hospitals as a psychiatrist to provide additional to citizens.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would gather up the individuals and warn them to politely not curse or swear on the highway or in school, that they should be modest students and a good example. If they do not listen, I would inform them that cursing and swearing are not professional and tolerated behavior in school and warn them that they need to stop. If they refuse to, I would inform them of continuing their behavior will lead them to future actions of possible detention, or meeting with the deans could lead to future disciplinary actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I would gather the student's attention by making sure my voice is heard, informing them this is the classroom and they are rules and when the teacher is speaking, they are expecting to be listened to. If they continue to not listen, I will inform them that they will either be given a test or pop quiz if they continue to not listen, or they will expect their letter grade to go down. If they continue to still not listen, I would initiate the students who are not listening to warn or give detention and would inform a higher-up staff in the school to take action and ensure take names of students who refused to listen are taken care of.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Kamalei would usually be either a social butterfly while in the teacher's lounge or to herself while grading papers, preparing her lesson plans, or spending time to herself preparing for her next class. She would not pass on another co-worker speaking to her and engaging in conversation as it is important for building a good relationship with other teachers.

Provide at least 4 details/me of your character inside a classroom:

/me Kamalei would stand at the board with her arms held together to her lap. She would provide a smile to her students as they gather giving them all a “Good Morning or Aloha Friends!, I am Miss Haakaa and welcome to Psychology!” As it was her first day, She would wait until everyone has settled before instructing on the lesson of the day and answer any questions that the students may have.

/me Kamalei would be jotting down an image of the brain on the board, As she instructed going through each part of the brain, she would provide different examples of how the brain works in hopes of not confusing her students. She would then inform her students its time to put them to the test, erasing the board. Kamalei would then pass out a paper on the brain and instruct that the students now have to try to memorize each part of the brain. She would ensure the students that they can work together and if they still are struggling on the assignment that this is to just test their knowledge for right now before their upcoming test and she would go over it again once the assignment is finished.

/me Kamalei would be sitting at her desk grading papers as her students worked on a test. A student will come up asking for help. She informed them that she sadly cannot help with the test and to just do their best! She would reassure with a smile that any questions the students have will be answered and she will go over all the questions. She believes that as long as students are showing their potential that she will not hold it against them and will provide them another chance on the test if needed.

/me Kamalei would see a student sitting at their desk upset. Kamalei tells them to stay after class for them to speak. Once the class is over Kamalei would call them over with a warm smile and ask them what is wrong, telling them she's here if something is bothering them. Kamalei would and students would talk and she would give them advice on bullying and ensure whoever is bothering them will be dealt with as bullying is something she refuses to tolerate. She would provide the student with a little treat and ensure that she understands talking about this is tough, but she knows it's the right thing to do.

Backstory

Kamalei “Lei” was born on May 9th, 1989 to Mother Leilani and Father Oliver Haakaa. Born in Molokai Hawaii, her Mother's side descended from Polynesia who came and lived in Molokai for many generations. Her father side descended from Takapuna, New Zealand where they originally came from, and settled on the Hawaiian island. Kamalei was born and raised from childhood on the Hawaiian island where she partook in many traditions, with her grandmother and mother being Hula dancers in their time, in which she was taught from a young age to partake in and fell in love with it. The family's passion led to her being interested in dance and learning other dance moves.

Ohana was a big tradition and important in her upbringing with it being extremely important to the Hawaiian culture. Kamalei has always been very close to her family both in Hawaii and in Newzeland and nonblood relatives who always treated her like family.

Kamalei moved to Newzealand when she was twelve to finish her primary and high school years. Graduating as one of the tops of her class with excellent grades. Kamalei took pride in her education as her parents were not granted and lucky enough to her family's low background and had to work to care for herself and her younger sister Nani, who suffered from an illness as a young girl, causing the family to suffer with money.

Once Kamalei graduated high school, she took the attention of many universities, one being Oska University, offering a full-ride scholarship with her outstanding grades and curriculum. Kamalei hesitated to take the offer as she did not want to leave her family and with only knew a little about Japanese growing up in school. However, her family was fully supportive of her and reminded her, her life was hers to make and to follow her dreams wherever it takes her and that Ohana is always with her, anywhere she goes. So she went on to study Psychology and also increased her language understanding in Japanese.

However, times would be hard for her while her time in Japan. Her homesickness from being away from home had a great deal on her mental health. However, she strived to work hard for her family to make them proud, obtaining her bachelor's in Psychology.

However, one thing she never wished to happen, The death of her sister Nani. Nani being so sick and finding out she had a neurological brain tumor, died at the age of 14. This left Kamalei devastated and grieving for her sister and unsure if she wanted to stay in Japan to finish her master's degree. At age 22, she decided to go home to grieve for her sister for a semester and assist her family with what she can.

When it came time to go back, she still hesitated her family continued to support her, saying Nani would have wanted her sister to achieve all she could. So she returned to Japan to finish her studies, achieving her master's in 2008 at 24 years old.
After graduation, she returned home with her family to help out financially, picking up work as a teacher at Molokai where she taught psychology and sociology courses for 3 years. Her love grew for teaching, and assisting children and was fascinated by providing young minds in education.

Kamalei's interest began to draw again to Japan, and though it made her homesick, the culture fascinated her. With her family slowly becoming financially stable and the death of her sister slowly weighing off her, she felt it was finally time to move on with her life and see more. She moved to Karakura Japan, a small island.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)
SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kamalei “lei” Haakaa
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Lei, Lele, Kami
Preferred Name: Lei, Miss Haakaa

Age (Minimum is 27): 34
Religious Denomination: Nonreligious
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Born in Moloka‘i, Hawaii. Is of Hawaiian/ Polynesian Native and holds New Zealander citizenship
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
3 years of teaching in Hawaii

Academic Degree: PhD
Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): Psychology
Minors: Sociology

Native Languages: Japanese, English, Hawaiian (will be getting)
Other Languages: Jsl (will be getting)

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/
Additional notes about your application:
This character will be on a different account that I am preparing
Do you have any questions?: Nope!

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread