Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

AcidicBeam

What is your discord name & tag?:
Acidic#1858

Previous bans:
None

Describe your activity on the server:
I am very active on this server. On weekdays I can play for a few hours everyday, and that is also when the server is most active as well so I can provide support to the hospital when the floods of patients show up. On weekends I can play however much I want, so that means I can be online late at night when the server is not very active and when not many other hospital staff are online.

What is your timezone?:
PST (Pacific Standard Time)

List your current and past applications:
Gang (unofficial): SRP Koudou Rengou - Accepted
Gang (unofficial): SRP Scorpio - Accepted
Gang (unverified): SRP Anarchy x2 - Accepted
Gang (verified): SRP Bonten - Accepted
French Application - Denied
French Application Attempt 2 - Accepted
JSL Application
- Denied
JSL Application Attempt 2
- Accepted
Third Language Authorization Application
- Accepted
Third Language Application
- Accepted

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
As you can see from my past applications, I have been doing GangRP and CombatRP on this server for a while now. In my time in the criminal community I became really experienced at P2L and DetailRP and have journeyed through all that the crime roleplay has to offer for me. I find personally that GangRP is very hard on newcomers, since the rules are so strict and intricate, however I learned quickly from trial and error and rose to one of the biggest gangs in Karakura. Therefore, I believe I can also learn how to be a good member in the hospital due to my quick learning and already refined DetailRP.

What is your motivation for applying?
To put it simply: Lore. I want my character to grow from someone who used to be quite the gangster and delinquent in his youth into a character more lawful. He will still be rough around the edges, but overtime through roleplay I wish for him to grow into a better man. However, I do not wish to go into KPD since I am tired of doing CombatRP and wish to do something different and unique from what I did originally on the server so I decided to apply for the Hospital.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):

Surgeon

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
My sister is currently in university studying to become a doctor herself. She has taught me many things, and she has let me borrow certain books/textbooks to read through when I showed an interest in her profession. The Doctor role on SRP treats patients that have injuries that do not require surgery (Surgery is done by Surgeons) and they treat any illnesses that a character comes to the hospital with. Hospital work is needed in Karakura to help keep citizens safe and healthy. Without the hospital there would be many unnecessary deaths that would plague our society, and we would lose many young people with bright futures ahead of them.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I acknowledge and agree to this policy.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge and agree to be 100% dedicated to the hospital staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge and agree to attend training when online.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge and agree to not take things OOCly in training and situations.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Jake F. Zakharov

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):
Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Bachelor (currently), received highschool diploma

Character’s Nationality:
French Canadian

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese (Default), French, JSL, Russian

Backstory (100+ Words)
Delinquent Arc
Jake F. Zakharov was born and raised in Canada, Quèbec. He was quite the young troublemaker back then, and was almost even expelled for his terrible grades and even worse behavior. Luckily for him, his parents decided to move somewhere else for a fresh start for their bratty son and further pursuit in their business. They had received a call from a private company in Karakura that was willing to fund their business if they promised results. Knowing how well their business was doing in the West they decided that maybe they could thrive in a small place like Karakura.

They were dead wrong. A few years into their funding and loans from the private business Jake’s parents had made no progress in attracting customers, and so they were executed. While Jake was out one night with friends smoking and drinking illegally with his friends he saw a large plume of smoke rising a few blocks away where his house was. The anxiety and fear sobered him up almost immediately and he stumbled down the block closer to the house. His heart dropped when he saw the mangled wreckage of his house on fire.

Jake was now on the streets left to fend for himself. He came to the realization that the prospect of a “system” or “laws” were nothing but an illusory shield for your worries. Simply: If you are powerful and influential enough, you can step on whoever you want. Therefore, Jake would fight fire with fire by joining a gang to rise above this system that the government forced down his throat. The system that failed to protect his parents.

Redemption Arc
After his leave from Bonten he grew beef with one of the members who kept stepping on his toes everyday. He left Bonten while still having a good standing, so he was permitted to leave unharmed. However, this specific member still kept trying to get on his nerves and one day Jake finally snapped. He would find the male at a corner street alone at night on his phone, and after a close fight he was successfully able to take down his former ally.

However, the man had been scheduling a meeting with another member of Bonten and when that member showed up on the scene to see Jake over top of the male’s unconscious body, the second member was easily able to finish off Jake who was struggling to even stand up straight. Jake would then be dragged to an apartment and have his left eye brutally slashed open with a Naginata. He eventually awoke blindfolded in someone’s pool, and he felt a searing pain on the left side of his face. He took off the blindfold and looked into the reflection of the pool and saw the hideous sight of his left eye. He would rush to the hospital howling and crying out in pain while crashing into things due to his half vision. He would reach the hospital and get attended to by a few doctors and surgeons.

Jake found himself in awe of how skillfully the hospital staff worked, and realized that they were not treating him any differently even though it was apparent that he was a criminal and that he was in an altercation on the streets. He came to idolize them, the one aspect of the “system” that actually saved the lives of citizens everyday. Jake was now far too traumatized to go back to his criminal roots after the injury that he had received, how would he even dodge any attacks coming at his left side? He was far too vulnerable now to continue with his old lifestyle, however he still wished to help people. He then thought back to the hospital where he was given treatment, and came to the conclusion that he wished to help others the same way.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)
EMT
In his time in gangs, he was put in many situations where he had to give emergency aid to an ally who had broken/dislocated a bone, been stabbed/lost a limb, or been knocked out in the heat of battle. He learned how to pop a joint back into place/create splints from scrap wood in alleys for temporary aid to broken/dislocated bones, learned how to tie a proper tourniquet and stitch deep cuts for stabbings/missing limbs from ripped pieces of cloth and sewing needles, and he learned the basic signs of concussions and how to test for them after hits that cause a person to get knocked unconscious and receive head trauma. He chose this specialty because he is used to working in high intensity, hostile, and high pressure environments with patients that are in critical conditions and need assistance quickly.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
6 years as a lifeguard

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Learned first aid for their medical position in gangs and for their lifeguard duties.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
They have not completed any official post-secondary education since they are currently a college bachelors, however they have pursued independent studies in medicine and first aid.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?
Jake F. Zakharov is a muscular 6’1 male bearing a long deep scar over his left eye. His scarred eye would be glued shut with no prosthetic appearing to be in place, while his remaining right eye is a bright green hue. He still has quite the youthful aura and facial features. He would constantly walk and talk to people with his head tilted in an awkward manner so that he could see where he was going or who he was talking to with his good eye. He would also have a very gravelly voice from his time smoking as a delinquent.

How does your character act on and off duty?
While on duty Jake calls upon the strict discipline that was drilled into him from his time in gangs and takes his job very seriously. He respects the patients and other members of the hospital staff, and never slack off and hides in the break room. He is very sociable and charismatic, since he is used to working with others and working for others. He works efficiently with much focus, but more importantly: with care. While working with patients he is usually able to empathize with their pain and injuries which tends to put the patients more at ease about their situation. While working with fellow hospital staff on duty he stays professional, but friendly at the same time.
Outside of work Jake likes to let himself relax and hangout with friends. After a stressful day in the hospital he often takes out a cigarette and smokes it outside on a bench trying to finally get some peace. He is always open to making new friends, and loves to meet new people that have their own unique quirks and personalities.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Jake would rather work with others since he likes the feeling of an ally watching his back when working like old times. He likes to have someone with a different view that he can discuss a patient’s issues with. However, he is more than confident (if not a little overconfident) in his own abilities and knowledge of medicine to handle his job on his own if needed to.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Jake has been “going with the flow” his whole life and he has continued to do so. Getting wrapped into gangs after a conflict that appeared in his life, and now becoming a surgeon after being inspired by the efforts of the staff at the hospital. His plans for the job itself is to become EMS to help people who have suffered a lot of pain like himself. Whatever twists and turns that the future has in store after that, he has no possible way to perceive it, especially with only one good eye.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Jake is perceived as a little scary and “rough around the edges” sometimes by others. A patient comes to the hospital after being assaulted by thugs and then they get attended to by a surgeon that looks like a thug as well. However, Jake is trying to become a better man and truly does not wish to be perceived as a criminal by others any longer. Therefore, he makes an attempt to be overly nice which can sometimes come off as a bit creepy and unnatural. He knows that what he did in the past was wrong and he wishes to continue to help out the town in a more legal way.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- You have not logged into one of your registered accounts in two OOC weeks.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread