add hand light sources

samkipX

Level 6
IGN: samkip
DATE: 2/26/2023 2:30 PM
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
carriable light sources, for example a lantern or such
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
so u know when u have them sweet shaders on, and u like ur shaders dark because when ur at the plaza its light enough to see and the dark areas are dark enough to look good? but then u want to go somewhere else and everything is just dark asf, introducing... carriable light sources!! just imagine the posibilities with something as simple as a lantern or a flashlight. you could walk around the spooky woods with only a small lightsource around you. or just walk around at night having fun with the light. if you know optifine you know it has a very simple dynamic handlights option. some shaders even give off difrent light colours depending on the item your holding! i personally dont see any downsides with this posibly being implemented since it would offer a nice cool effect with no downsides i can think off. thank you for your time!

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
There is a flashlight model available, and it’s actually able to be sold in shops! However I don’t think any shopkeepers know this yet. Though a lantern model over the soul lantern would be a good addition to hold as well as the flashlight (that is currently over the soul torch model)

BonBons

Level 31
+1
If this is already implemented in game, it should be promoted more. This would increase cool RP scenarios during night time or in caves and the mountains and such.

timothy

Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+
+1
I like this, but I think you should improve on the grammar that was used in the suggestion. It would be taken more seriously.

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
Community Team
Media Team
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
+1
Please this would be amazing for RPing out exploring the sewers, caves, and forest- because as of now I have to action out using my phone as flashlight and putting it on my offhand while my main hand holds the nether star for light source

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
There is a flashlight model available, and it’s actually able to be sold in shops! However I don’t think any shopkeepers know this yet. Though a lantern model over the soul lantern would be a good addition to hold as well as the flashlight (that is currently over the soul torch model)
Omg I want a flashlight

milkyram

Level 17
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
+1
PLEASE i would love to have a flashlight that actually works. it would make exploring commonly dark areas all the more fun & spooky

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

I think the addition of a lantern would be a lot more appealing than a flashlight. I also think they would look really pretty up in the shrine for the shrine priests and maidens to use, and would be much more appealing to hold than say a flashlight.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- We'll be doing this soon​

Users who are viewing this thread