players online

Adding a system of daily quests to SRP

robinzee

Level 34
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
Like Yonio said, this could be a way of getting money daily,
There already are multiple systems in place for getting money daily -- there are streaks from just logging in and interacting with Whatshisface at spawn, then allowance, and fishing. Once you can't sustain yourself with those activities, there's always the opportunity to get a roleplay job (which is actually going to create roleplay!)

Last edited:

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
There already are multiple systems in place for getting money daily -- there are streaks from just logging in and interacting with Whatshisface at spawn, then allowance, and fishing. Once you can't sustain yourself with those activities, there's always the opportunity to get a roleplay job (which is actually going to create roleplay!)
I forgot about some, my bad, you're right. I change my mind, I dont think this suggestion is really needed.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
-1/+1
like other people said, interesting idea but it isn't an RPG and it would just accelerate economy inflation. I feel the negatives outweigh the positives. A new way to keep players online and active would be nice but this just is not the way for me

SIMPL3Z

Level 108
Community Team
Lore Team
I don't see how turning SRP into an RPG would benefit retention rates or roleplay opportunities.

If the problem is that players wait for roleplay opportunities to appear, but don't stay online for long enough for them to come across them, then why add quests? Just so they have a chore to do they can do and log off afterwards? SRP has no trouble with achieving a lot of online and active players, so I don't see the harm in people logging on for a couple of minutes and then logging off to go do something else and then later log back online.

Besides, it also doesn't seem too motivating because it doesn't directly offer roleplay opportunities. Sure there is the 'visit 3 hotspots' quest as you suggested, but if these are empty then oh well, nothing gained. The rest doesn't promote roleplay either. They're just chores you can complete for 10,000 yen. It's a way of making money, not roleplaying.

If people are tired of waiting for roleplay opportunities to appear, in my opinion, they should go out and create them themselves, then.

jolty

Level 3
_Jolty_
_Jolty_
Omega+
It would be a good idea to do this.

But there needs to be a real reason for these likes as roleplay reason or a real objective.

As of now I will do a 1- 1+ due to the fact there needs to be a real reason, or actual motive to do so, like tom saying, "Hey let's go fishing, if you catch a rare fish, I will give you 10,000 Yen!'' even though rare fish go for a 500 yen or lower.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This is already planned.​

Users who are viewing this thread