mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Adding more to our oceans!

EnderBubs

Level 57
What's your Minecraft Username?: EnderBubs
What's the title of your suggestion?: Adding more to our oceans!

What's your suggestion?:
As of right now, our oceans are bland and empty. Only containing boats and that's it. But the ocean itself, despite it being filled with so much wildlife, caverns, corals, floral life, and more remains bland. I suggest we add a few things to make the ocean more fun and potentially roleplay interactive! These things would be easy to build and shouldn't take too long at all to build either!

1: Oceaniac Cavern!
The first thing I suggest adding is underwater caverns or caves in which players with high enough water breathing can explore! I think having a large maze-like cavern located on the side of the mountain, with the entrance to the cave being underwater, would be fun! This cave can be connected to the mountain by the Saiky estate or the mountain by the lighthouse, it can go under the map (like the sewers) and be a maze-like pattern. With twists and turns going in all sorts of directions. These tunnels can be small as realistically more underwater cave tunnels are tight. So we can make it 1x2 or 2x2. We can also connect these caverns to the sewers in a way by connecting one of the tunnels to a sewer. This could provide some potential escape opportunities for criminals
The cavern can also have more large open areas potentially under the map where we can use the new dripstone to create those spikes that are in these underwater caves. These open areas can have a great potential area for exploring or adding more to it all. These areas don't have to be too big of course, but around maybe 7x7 or 5x5, or anywhere large enough where we can incorporate these dripstone blocks and such could be fun
Example photo [The open area part doesn't have to be this big, but I think having an area like this would be fun]

We can also add hidden caves or 'rooms' in this maze-like cavern where players can come up for oxygen or hide. These small caves could be like the ones in the Ochibo forest mountain where it is a small room made up of stone and materials like that. These Cavs would have water located on the floor, said water connecting to the caves, but then also have a part where it's just dry blocks. The cave would be blocked off, the only exit being that path into the water. In these rooms we can have lore based around it, adding potentially cave writings that can explain the past of Karakura or events that past citizens expected to happen. We can add items such as skulls or clothes or something that can depict a potential story of what happened here too. These rooms or rooms can provide good lore behind them, which is something we should strive for seeing how the ocean doesn't have any lore
We can also use these rooms for potential GangRP sorts of events such as kidnapping, hostage holding, attacks that can occur here, and more!
EXAMPLE OF WHAT IT COULD LOOK LIKE (I couldn't find a good photo.. but this gives a general idea)

This cavern can provide some new roleplay opportunities. Players can traverse these caverns for fun and we can host events. For example, we can have an event where the cavern collapses for a bit and KPD has to work to break it open and save the people trapped inside before oxygen runs out. We can have high schools host a cave exploration field trip, etc etc. Either way, I feel right now the ocean has no lore too, and no community event opportunities besides natural disasters, and more, and adding something like this could add to all of those

2: Adding More Colorful Floral Life!
I think we can also add a bit more color to our ocean. Right now it's just seaweed, gravel, and stone. That's it. I suggest we add some more blocks to make the ocean look more pretty in some areas. Though I don't suggest doing this to the entire ocean, adding some parts where floral life is more dense and heavy, such as a seaweed forest potentially, could be fun. A seaweed first is something simple and takes little to no time to just set up, but it can also provide some fun opportunities. For example, considering GangRP into this criminals can hide in the seaweed. Considering AnimalRP the animals can hide in this forest which can provide more accurate roleplay and potentially encourage more people to roleplay as sea creatures

We can also add a part of the ocean where more coral life is present. This part could be more towards the shallow end but it provides more beauty into such a bland space. All of our map has details that make it pretty and unique besides our oceans, so adding a more coral reef would bring life and color to our oceans! As well as again it brings more Roleplay opportunities for Animals, and potentially humans too

3: Adding More Animals to the Area [Player Heads]
As most of everyone knows, we have the amazing crab rock where our rock is filled with crabs, but why don't we have any of those creatures IN the ocean itself?? We can use player heads to add some diversity to the beaches, so I think we should do it with the ocean itself. We can add sea urchin heads or peaceable models by the pierces or shallow areas. We can also reuse the crab heads in the ocean as well. After all, most crabs LIVE in the ocean, not just the land. We can add schools of fish using these heads, maybe a pufferfish, etc etc. There are so many sea creature heads that can be used so I think we should begin to use them!

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Now I know this suggestion to bring caves was suggested back in the summer of 2023, but it hasn't been implemented yet and I also mentioned a few new things that weren't mentioned in the old suggestion (like the coral reefs or kelp forest). However, I still think this is an amazing idea. Overall I feel that the ocean right now is bland, not special, and doesn't have any lore or event opportunities to it. The only thing enjoyable about the oceans is the boats that no one goes on, rents out, or uses for anything really besides maybe a party. I want to encourage players to try new forms of roleplay and adding new features and opportunities to the oceans can provide that roleplay that is fresh, new, and unique. As well as we can finally provide lore for our oceans, and using the caverns we can have more than one lore-writing opportunity. Another thing is this won't take that much effort to setup and build. This isn't like a program thing where our devs have to sit there working for hours to rework code to fix, this is something the builders can do in a few hours or maybe less! It's something that can be done right away and effectively.

I think this would be great for our server, roleplay opportunities, and events and I think something like this should be added!!

Last edited:

SIMPL3Z

Level 95
Community Team
Lore Team
+1

I honestly don't see why not. Just makes everything more visually pleasing

SaraeRP

Level 3
+1
That would be awesome, because since people like doing photography it would be awesome seening it in there shaders:0

Last edited:

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Love the idea, I pitched it around 6 months ago and this was pretty much exactly the vision I had in mind. That said, there are a few factors to take in when suggesting massive build updates

- There is no terrain under the ocean. This will require layers to be added underneath the bedrock in order to create underwater caves alongside the other features mentioned.
- Because the build team is working tirelessly to push out many updates currently this would be something added to the back burner. If it got accepted I’d say an ETA would be possibly 8-12 months from now if not later.

Our build team is not that big and we all have our own lives to focus on outside of SchoolRP and that is also a contributing factor to the time it’d take to be completed.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
theres like three people that actively go to the ocean or the beach i swear
and the people who are there are just there to grind swim speed
do people actually roleplay at the beach anymore?
isnt that just a place where they play volleyball and stuff at this point?

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
+1 Totally Love this Idea, Of course it'd be something we'd have to wait for. But good job!

Users who are viewing this thread