Adding Snowmobiles for the winter

EnderBubs

Level 54
IGN:
EnderBubs

DATE:
5/17/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I think all vehicle users can agree how annoying it can be when you try to use your vehicle during the winter when the city is filled with snow. Cars don’t have enough room to even begin driving most of the time and when you are able to place it most of the time you will just get caught on the snow moments later. Though motorcycles work a bit better they have the same issue where they will get caught on the larger piles of snow
I think because of this we should add a seasonal snowmobile vehicle for players to be able to purchase. It can go over any patch of snow allowing players to quickly move throughout the streets during the winter, but it won’t work on land or water, just snow. And like the jetski, it will be sold for probably 800k- 1 million yen and sold only during the winter time. It can be sold in the vehicle store with the other vehicles and/or a special place like how the jetski was sold at the pier

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I think this will be a good benfit for the community as for it adds more unique and seasonal vehicles into the game, as well as it will allow players who can afford one to be able to traverse around the snowy streets so much easier

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Snowmobiles aren't typically used for everyday transportation, so it wouldn't really make sense for people to ride them on the streets. I could see it happening in a climate that has snow most of the year, but definitely not on a mostly neutral Japanese island.

Oliverium

Level 51
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Cool idea, but why not make it a short event? A simple [!] The snow mobiles clear off the roads just in time for school [!] whilst the build team clears off the roads.

Kasien

Level 40
kasien
kasien
Notable
Neutral

cool, I like this idea. If there was alot of snow I would think random people wouldnt get their hands on the snowmobiles, I'd think maybe a student or a staff member can do that for a short time job to get rid of the snow.

BUT. There is snow shovels that can get rid of snow, I'm sure people could do that to please their satisfaction

Acroy

Level 28
personally I think cars are enough. I would add chains for wheels though- just to make peoples lives a tad more expensive in Karakura.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
personally I think cars are enough. I would add chains for wheels though- just to make peoples lives a tad more expensive in Karakura.

Snowmobiles aren't typically used for everyday transportation, so it wouldn't really make sense for people to ride them on the streets. I could see it happening in a climate that has snow most of the year, but definitely not on a mostly neutral Japanese island.
+1
I do think this sounds like a fun idea, a little bit untraditional however. The idea though does sound acceptable, but you could also suggest to fix cars to be able to run through snow better rather than add a Snowmobiles since they aren't technically street legal vehicles in the United States at the very least. I will point out, that no matter what it might be hard for the developers to come up with a fix to this do to Minecrafts snowblock(s) being considered blocks. All vehicle mods also struggle with the blocks and traveling past them. Sounds like a suggestion worthy of accepting, if the developers think it is possible to fix or add.

@Acroy Your suggestion would be way to much editing to custom vehicles that would require so much work, and asking of the owners of custom items if it is okay.

@Alimonino That
argument holds little value when we already have Jet Skies for the summer, might as well have Snowmobiles for the winter.

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
@Alimonino That
argument holds little value when we already have Jet Skies for the summer, might as well have Snowmobiles for the winter.
Snowmobiles can only operate on snow, and the only place that would be open enough to use them is the roads. The only way that snowmobiles would work is if the developers could make a way for them to operate smoothly on snow. If they implemented a way for vehicles to operate fluidly on snow, why not just apply this function to normal vehicles, as opposed to only giving the ability to one which you can only use for one month?

Jetskis are unique in the fact that they are a special vehicle that can only operate on water, or more specifically, at the beach. You can use them at any time of the year (assuming the water isn't frozen over), and there aren't any real problems with riding them. Comparing snowmobiles with jet skis is like measuring the contrast between apples and oranges.

Lazeas

Level 46
Snowmobiles can only operate on snow, and the only place that would be open enough to use them is the roads. The only way that snowmobiles would work is if the developers could make a way for them to operate smoothly on snow. If they implemented a way for vehicles to operate fluidly on snow, why not just apply this function to normal vehicles, as opposed to only giving the ability to one which you can only use for one month?

Jetskis are unique in the fact that they are a special vehicle that can only operate on water, or more specifically, at the beach. You can use them at any time of the year (assuming the water isn't frozen over), and there aren't any real problems with riding them. Comparing snowmobiles with jet skis is like measuring the contrast between apples and oranges.
fuck realism
add snowmobiles

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
fuck realism
add snowmobiles
My issue with it isn't that of realism, but of practicality in the context of a minecraft server. Why go out of your way to develop something that fixes a common issue, but then lock that solution behind a niche feature? If they are going to figure out how to fix snow for one vehicle, why not just fix it for all of them? Additionally, my argument wasn't necessarily whether or not it was realistic, but that it wouldn't be necessary to have specifically snowmobiles if they applied their main functionality (being able to drive on snow) to other vehicles. Let me summarize so it's a bit easier to understand:

If they are able to make vehicles that can drive on snow without getting stuck, they should apply that functionality to normal vehicles instead of making a single vehicle you can only use for one month.

Lazeas

Level 46
My issue with it isn't that of realism, but of practicality in the context of a minecraft server. Why go out of your way to develop something that fixes a common issue, but then lock that solution behind a niche feature? If they are going to figure out how to fix snow for one vehicle, why not just fix it for all of them? Additionally, my argument wasn't necessarily whether or not it was realistic, but that it wouldn't be necessary to have specifically snowmobiles if they applied their main functionality (being able to drive on snow) to other vehicles. Let me summarize so it's a bit easier to understand:

If they are able to make vehicles that can drive on snow without getting stuck, they should apply that functionality to normal vehicles instead of making a single vehicle you can only use for one month.

nah, should only be for snowmobiles

Users who are viewing this thread