mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Additional languages for Characters 20+

Mark 9:42

Level 19
IGN: PhayZr
DATE: 8/12/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
The ability to apply for one additional language once achieving over the age of 20.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
The default language maximum is two languages. I believe this is reasonable for those in high school due to the limited years that they would have to learn said languages. However, once you become an adult, your character has had many more years to possibly learn another language on top of the other two foreign ones they already know. It's also known that the learning process of other languages tends to be easier after learning a second language.

For example, my character knows JSL and French, all with childhood roots in each language. However, he's lived with his wife, who speaks Russian to him often, for 15 years. In that amount of time, it would be reasonable to assume that my character would develop some Russian that he could speak with his wife.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1 / -1

Although it's can to be as an adults, I think some people will take advantage of it for bad things. maybe it will work only from 2 to 3 but I can't to see how it's necessary

Mark 9:42

Level 19
+1 / -1

Although it's can to be as an adults, I think some people will take advantage of it for bad things. maybe it will work only from 2 to 3 but I can't to see how it's necessary
I think of it to be more of a "nice thing to have" rather than a "necessity". And I don't see how it can be abused for wrongdoing (unless you're referring to gangRP. Which might give adults some form of a slight advantage in terms of communication.)

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
I personally do not think it's common for 20+ to know more then 2 forgein languages fluently. Though it most likely won't cause any unfair advantages it's unneeded to me.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL
I myself can't really see why Adults would need to know more than 2 languages. It would be sort of understandable if College Students who have reached the Master+ rank could apply for more than two, though this is not really a huge deal, and nothing much would be changed

jenau

Level 8
jenau
jenau
Notable
Yeah, you see.. people can know two native languages, and still want to LEARN JSL perhaps? so adding more would be helpful

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted

We don't think it's necessary to allow all players aged 20+ to apply for a third language as this will be difficult for us to moderate and check on. However, we will be allowing players to apply via Authorisation Application for a third language. This will be added shortly, however will be somewhat difficult to apply for.​

Users who are viewing this thread