mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

ADMINS SHOULD GET MORE PERMS @Ducks

Should Admins get more perms?

• Admins should not get more perms (READ THREAD FIRST)

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Admins should get more perms (READ THREAD FIRST)

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

Mqrtem

Level 12
Alright so firstly, this is aimed at @Ducks himself, i want to say that Admins should get more perms. This is sad how your own admins are not trusted with even gmc?

Currently, the only perms admins have, are basic perms that will allow them to ban and regulate the server. This is okay, however any moderator can do this. Considering the fact that you have trusted your admins with their ranks, surely you do not think that simple commands like:

Vanish.
Banning/Kicking/Muting (I think)
Teleporting
And few others that i cannot name on the spot is enough for them to do as much as they can as admins.

Admins should have permissions to BUILD. I think this is the case because they could do so much more if they were able to build. You yourself cannot do everything, Ducks. Although you are a capable person, i feel as if the Admins could help you loads. With the help of them. Players can enjoy a better experience, since you can create more school trips, events and many more. Your admins should be the people you trust the most on the server, the people you trust. The people that will help you carry the weight of the server.

I am a mere player expressing my ideas but I am sure the Admins will agree.
@InhaleMyDuck @Valkyeie Sorry! These are the only two i know! @Ducks @Saicos @Moustachiio

Last edited:

Mister Zero

Level 19
Server needs more administration.
So many rulebreakers run rampant due to lack of staffing.
Or how many people get stuck daily.
Leading to more forums post, delayed response times, etcetera.

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Admins should have permissions to BUILD. I think this is the case because they could do so much more if they were able to build. You yourself cannot do everything, Ducks. Although you are a capable person, i feel as if the Admins could help you loads. With the help of them. Players can enjoy a better experience, since you can create more school trips, events and many more. Your admins should be the people you trust the most on the server, the people you trust. The people that will help you carry the weight of the server.
No.

Vanish.
Teleporting
And few others that i cannot name on the spot is enough for them to do as much as they can as admins.
They have all of these.

Other permissions that could've been used to prevent the 'purge' wouldn't of worked as the purge disables all commands.

Mqrtem

Level 12
No.

Vanish.
Teleporting
They have all of these.

Other permissions that could've been used to prevent the 'purge' wouldn't of worked as the purge disables all commands.
This is not to do with the purge, you need to start letting people in. Admins are supposed to be semi-owners, and to be honest, your not very active on the server (I know your active on the forums, and you keep stuff updated) However the admins could serve as your backup.
You should really consider this as 100% of the people who have voted on the poll want Admins to be allowed to do the best they can.

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
of the people who have voted on the poll want Admins
The poll doesn't prove anything as people have no reason to vote no. It's like saying,
"Should workers be given more food with no consequence to the economy?" Of course everyone will say yes due to the biased argument.

I have already spoken to the admins and have given them some permissions, but build permissions is a no.
This thread was created because of the purge, so with build permissions or any other permissions nothing could've been prevented or helped.

Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+
@Ducks has a point, /restart can only be accessed by the console due to the computer host. The command restarts the server, yes, but restart commands used remotely in-game do not work, as they do not have direct access to the host because you are a remote patch connected to the server. The restart command must run a batch file on the host computer in order to end the task, but at the same time save the level and plugins, as well as writing a log.

Mity

Level 104
But still, i agree. Admins are there to help, they should get more commands to help out. Or atleast commands to give somone perms for somthing such as a chest or door (for teacher purposes)

Flapppie

Level 23
If you are gonna tell me ducks homehosts this, i might aswel kill myself.
edit: @Ducks if you actually paid for this, you can easyly add /restart to their perms, doesnt necesarily have to be done by console unless you have major trust issues.

Mister Zero

Level 19
I don't think that they need more permissions.
It seems fine the way that it is.
Though, i'd recommend adding in a builder rank of sorts, a rank where you can apply to assist in building parts of the map up.

Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+
@Flapppie I never mentioned any homehosting. You can access a console with another console. My point is, you can't access that in-game, you just can't. You can use /reload to reload plugin data remotely, but you can't use /restart. Sorry to break it to you, but using /restart in-game can cause a lot of errors, so I'm sure @Ducks doesn't want to take that risk.

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
If you are gonna tell me ducks homehosts this, i might aswel kill myself.
edit: @Ducks if you actually paid for this, you can easyly add /restart to their perms, doesnt necesarily have to be done by console unless you have major trust issues.
You are clearly not reading as even if with permissions the commands don't work.

Mity

Level 104
You are clearly not reading as even if with permissions the commands don't work.
but in my opinion they still need more commands, such as giving people acces to stuff like doors and chests (for teachers) and commands to change a person to a team such as teacher, college, V.P stuff like that

Mqrtem

Level 12
but in my opinion they still need more commands, such as giving people acces to stuff like doors and chests (for teachers) and commands to change a person to a team such as teacher, college, V.P stuff like that
If Admins can't get ./restart, I don't see why they can't get these.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
This server is known to have been griefed plenty of times, Betrayal of admins, Hackers and even stuff like the purge. It does seem like ducks doesn't trust anyone but for the amount of times the server has been greife due to staff members. If staff members get creative the server has a above average chance of beening griefed.
(List of all the times (That I know of) which the server has been griefed)
Wintercoww, iJebb and iJosh demoted but still having their powers to edit the world, they deleted the world (Co-owner and Admins)
Failed attempt by Sodex234 (First dev)

Users who are viewing this thread