mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted AdmiralEddies Lore-Team Application.

Admiralties

Level 0
IGN: AdmiralEddie

What is your discord name and tag? MasterBuildEddie#4571

What is your timezone/What country are you from?: I’m from Victoria, Australia, and my time zone’s AEST.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?: I have a mic, but because I get up to play at 6:00am I can’t always talk.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?: Yeah, I understand and don’t intend upon going inactive anytime soon.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
From what I can tell, the Majority of applicants are from the U.S, so I feel I’d make a good tag team with the rest of them working in my day or their night. I’m homeschooled, and the majority of the writing I can actually integrate into my daily schedule so I feel it’d work out well cooperating with the team.

I’d say something more related to my writing skills is the fact I understand when writing, it’s not always about the writing prose or it’s poetic value, I always look for a solid concept and trying to expand upon that to build the bigger picture. Context is something that I feel lots miss the value of, and whilst writing elegant scenery and beautiful depictions is a big part of writing, it has little value if all your doing is walking through the park. What matters is discerning characters motives, their thoughts, why they do the things the way they do them, and that’s something that I really value.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?:
Not particularly, but I do really enjoy reading a lot of the backstories and lores other users have made on various other games and, as most applicants do, I rather enjoy writing.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1

Write a 200+ word essay on an average day for your character in Karakura.

Edward was a bit of a funny one with his morning schedule; he’d be the type of kid who was an early riser, which he at times hated himself for, but he saw the benefits in doing it. What Edward didn’t really understand was why he woke up so early each morning, because he always hadn’t the slightest clue of what he was gonna do. He was the kid who just went with the flow, whether it be meeting someone new, having a poke around the neighbourhood or exploring something completely new; he quite simply loved learning about stuff. Whether it be people or things or groups, he loved gaining that knowledge, and that was pretty well the whole reason he’d moved half way across the world, to embrace something a bit different to what he was used to.
Edward always tried to be a bit early to school, but wasn’t fussed if he wasn’t there on the dot. What mattered to Edward was that, whether it be through the actual education program or some other medium, he learnt something new; either the hard way, or not. Interestingly enough, each day at Karakura didn’t disappoint him in the slightest! There was always something going on there and the sheer amount of people he’d met amazed him. He loved it, even though at times things were hectic and people complete morons, he simply loved the life he lived there.
Edward got on with his teachers alright, liking some more than others, but he always remembered that those teachers had a hard job to do, and that even those particular horrible grumpy haggards of a human being at one point had the right motive; to help younger people learn something new. He admired them, and he’d honestly considered with himself whether he’d be a good one, perhaps, one day. Edward was by no means the smartest cookie in the class, but he tried, and did the right thing not so much that he’d avoid punishment, but for the sake of those earnest people.
Usually after school and outside of the classroom, Edward always found something to do and someone to hang out with, and whether it be that he got into trouble with them our he got them out of trouble, he always had their backs. He was quite a loyal friend, and probably Edwards most outstanding quality was his sense of justice; he was determined to stand up for what was right, even if he got flogged to hell, even if he got dejected by onlookers, he did the right thing.

Writing prompt #2

Write a 300+ word essay on your character. Tell us about his/her history? What leads them to be the way they are?

By the historic docks of Southamptons Bay, amongst the endless factories and monuments scattered throughout, lies the small suburb of Woolston. Now Woolston wasn’t a particularly nice or special place by any definition, but it was there that Edward grew up. It was Woolston where Edward found safe haven, where he found refuge from the lingering doubts that were seemingly ingrained deep within him, about who he was and whether he was really worth anything. Edward hadn’t had the greatest of early childhoods, and the awkwardness he always felt when he merely wanted straight answers about why his parents split frustrated the poor lad. He didn’t think it was that harder thing to explain, but the fact that neither of the 2 parties were ever actively involved in Edwards life deterred his grandparents from talking. It was just too harder thing to ever explain, so they left it.

It was when Edward started school that realisation started to hit; all his friends seemed to have a family. A happy, loving and caring family which were involved in their lives. Although initially a mere observation, as Edward grew he began questioning why he didn’t have that, why his parents were seemingly gone, leaving him to his aged grandparents? It was these defining questions that hit Edward hard, and at age 8, he didn’t know whether he should go on or not, whether it was all really worth it. Luckily, his grandparents picked up on Edwards feelings, and it was from that point onwards that they started to step in not only as guardians or grandparents but as close as they could get to loving parents, the thing that he so craved for.

Although they weren’t perfect, his Nanna and Par tried, and they really tried, just to help Edward through his doubts and be there for him. They started doing lots more together-going for walks, going out for lunch, spending time together- and being his trusted friends and role models. Something that stood out to Edward was his Nanna’s compassion and empathy; through those horrid days leaving him discouraged and distraught, there she was, assuring what he was going through was surmountable, to take one day at a time and always, always hold out hope, that people had the right intentions. It was his Nanna that got him through this hard time, and it was probably her that saved his life.

As the years went by, Edward grew up to overcome many of his doubts and fears, and ended up being quite the intuitive student. His Par helped him out with a lot of his schoolwork and always seemed to have a fresh take that he put on everything. What Edward loved about his Par was how unique of a perspective he had; he always had something to say on pretty well every subject and the way he ****ysed things was so different to what was taught at schools. His Par hadn’t only seen plenty of things, good and bad, but he’d had the time to think about each little thing, seeing them in various lights. What he didn’t quite understand is where he had found all that time! Eddie learnt from his Par what it truly meant to be thoughtful; simply spending a bit of time on the little things.

Sometime after Edward turned 18, his father paid him a visit. Now his father, so he heard, had apparently worked on cargo ships for many years, doing runs from Japan to export cars throughout Asia and Oceania. It intrigued Edward to see his father follow a similar Path to his Par, even though his Grandparents were on his Mum’s side. He’d heard many stories of his times at the dock, the little bit of excitement the coastal life had and to a degree, it intrigued him. It was true that Southampton was quite the coastal town, but not in the conventional tourist-ey kinda way. Southampton was historic, it felt as if it had developed in the midst of the Industrial Revolution, and in truth, it had. It was from those docks where he met up with his father that the Titanic had set sail on its maiden voyage, it was Southampton that had one of the Biggest Cruise ports in the world and the 2nd Busiest cargo port in England. It was as if shipping was in his blood, and to an extent, it was. It just simply made sense to Edward, but he wasn’t so sure whether he wanted to commit yet. Time would tell.

Edward had only met his father a few times, and he didn’t really have any notion of sentiment towards him or any affection whatsoever; to Edward, he seemed a broken man who had run away to sea, away from his problems. He felt that his father didn’t really care for him, but that was far from the truth. It was just whenever his father visited, all those emotions he had bottled up seemed to come spurting out, and he had no clue how to act or what to say or what to do. What changed this time was how his father seemed to especially try to show interest in him, how he actually was trying to engage with him. The next day, even though very sceptical about it, Edward agreed to go out for lunch with his father. It was probably one of the most daunting things he could’ve done, but he didn’t want to be the sort to shrink back, away from his problems. He’d learnt that not being afraid and facing your problems straight on, although hard, was much better than hiding from the inevitable. He was just glad his father had done the same.

To Edwards surprise, they actually got on really well! They had a lot more in common than he thought, and as they talked and got to finally catch up a bit, his father asked him something that he would’ve never seen comming. ‘Edward, if you’d find it in your heart, I’d love for you to come with me, just for one trip, to see a bit of the world and get a taste for the life I’ve lived.’ He... he was speechless. He’d felt deep down in his heart that he wanted to see what it was like out there, but he’d barely met his father. He’d never been out deep at sea, and he hadn’t a clue what to expect from it all. ‘What if I don’t like it? What if something went wrong? What if...’ Edward paused. All this information was gushing through his head, and he needed some time. ‘I’ll.. I have to think about it first.’ His father nodded, and smiled at Edward. Believe it or not, he had had such a decision to make as a wee lad too. It would take a bit of time, but that was something that he was sorely lacking.

That night, Edward felt so restless; he had a life altering decision to make all but in this short period of time. As his mind raced over the countless possibilities, the doubts and fears that he had, there was a light knock on the door. His Par had apparently heard of the offer his father gave him and knew he had to be there for Edward, one last time. ‘So. What are you going to do?’ ‘I... I dunno. What if something goes wrong out there, Par? What if the flaming boat sinks, or there’s some sort of emergency or storm or any number of things...’ He paused, and drew a breath. He was dazed and confused, lost in an endless whirlpool of emotions and doubts and anxiety. It seemed to be consuming him, and just as he was about to give up on it, his Par looked at him. He looked in his deep, innocent, brown eyes and said to him, ‘Eddie, I love ya, mate. You’ve made me so proud all these years. But now, you’ve gotta be sure with this one. Think of it this way; what if you don’t go out there, and get a taste for it? What if you can’t say you’ve ever tried it, and you simply don’t give it a go? What then?’ He paused, and as Edward looked down, like he was torn inside, straight through the middle of him, He looked back up at his gray-headed Par, and hugged him. ‘I think I know what I’m gonna do, Par.’ He looked up, and smiled. ‘You best get some sleep, for tomorrow much awaits you, lil’ Eddie.’

The next morning, Eddie hurriedly got his clothes together and the few things he had, ready to set sail off to Japan with his Dad. He was so excited and nervous and concerned yet joyful all at the same time! He’d never felt like this in his life. It was as if he’d finally broken off from his little tree at home, ready to be blown about and go along with the flow of it all-wherever life takes him. As they got ready to board the massive mega transporter in front of them, Edward got ready to say his final goodbyes. He’d gotten his grandparents a little card, but what he didn’t realise is what they’d gotten him. As they hugged at the majestic docks of Southampton, his Par handed him something very special. It was his very own Port Masters hat he wore when he worked at the docks! A tear came to Edwards eye as he embraced his Nanna and Par, looking at the beautiful leather hat. ‘I won’t let you down’ he whisper. ‘I know,’ his par replies as they finally went onboard.

From the bow of the ship Edward and his father waved to the onlookers down below, brimming from ear to ear. The wind blew his brown-ruddy hair about freely, just as he felt-free as a bird atop the winds of the earth and waves of the sea. What an adventure he was about to start! ‘So, where abouts in Japan are we headed, dad?’ ‘To Karakura!’ he exclaimed, smiling as they looked out for their last time on the docks of Southampton. ‘Don’t worry, son, you’ll be back before you know it!’ And off they went.

NukaRndz

Level 53
Accepted

I really enjoyed your writing, and got a thrill out of this application! I definitely saw a lot of volume and personality poke through when reading your writing prompts. Welcome to the team, were looking forward to working with you, and helping you improve.

- I'd like to remind you that next time, remember to bold the questions.

Users who are viewing this thread