Level 43
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
IGN: atscarlett
DATE: 08/12/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I am pretty sure a suggestion like this has been made in the past but im not quite sure, either way I believe there needs to be a relook into this. But I am suggesting a stronger set of restrictions/rules to the way Adopting and FamilyRP works within the server. It goes without saying that FamilyRP is heavily performed by most of the SRP player base, with each player usually joining at least 1 or 2 with their time on SRP. However with this, it is creating many issues in regards to finding a sense of realism. There are a plethora of SRP families where I have seen the parent/s adopt over 20+ children, this also works with biological children lore wise. Even some in which the parent is between the age of 25-28. Now this may make perfect sense in the SRP world as it's something that has been normalised for a long time, however the server strives to achieve the most realism as possible, comparing it to the real world. How many 25 year olds have you met that have adopted over 20 18 to 22 year olds IRL?. I'm one for having fun and participating in big FamilyRPs however lets just make this realistic yeah? A way of working around this would be to split things up a little, like having different relations such as cousins, uncles, and aunts (ect). In my opinion, I just don't see the sense in having an army of children, if you wanted an organisation, just make one? There is no need to share the same last name. Speaking more on the age side of this, there has since been a rule implemented on adopting, meaning your character has to be at least over 25 to adopt. This was a great addition, however I do believe there should be something similar implemented on biological children. Yes, teen pregnancies do exist, I am well aware of that, but for example if lore wise, your character gives birth at the age of 16, and now their child is in Grade-12, so aged 18; The parent would be 34 (of course the situation would be different if their child was in grade 7-10). I have seen so many cases of people who play as 28-30 years old, who biologically have 4 kids who are aged between 18-20. It just doesn't make sense.

Listed below are the rules/restrictions that would/may be implemented.

'Parents should have a maximum of 10 children including adoptive and biological, as not to break realism.'

'Lore-Written biological children aged 18+ should have parents aged 34+'

'Families greater than 10 should be split into different relations such as Cousins, Uncles, Aunts (ect) rather than them all be siblings.'

A few other things to add, if you have roles set in your families similar to the ones you see in Yakuza, please, just create a gang or a crime organisation. Typically no child would look up to their parents as some big mafia boss, and fear that their life is going to be taken if they don't follow a simple task given by their parents or in terms of some of these families 'Disobeying a command from a higher-up/head of family'. In relation to this, I have seen so many families with major social hierarchy systems that are just so complicated it becomes hyper unrealistic. Obviously there are some form of hierarchies in families, like having a grand-parent; they will clearly have more of a social standing within that family compared to an 18 year old, but you really just need to keep it as that. There is no need to split it up into Yakuza level roles. It gets too confusing and hard to keep track of. So please, if you have any appeal in creating a family like this, please just create a gang.

Now again, this is just a Minecraft RP server and things like this shouldn't really matter this much, but I feel like there is a point in which you draw the line of what is suitable and what is extremely unrealistic.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: As mentioned previously, this server strives to achieve realism, I believe these restrictions/rules or anything similar would do nothing but improve overall role-play.

ANOTHER NOTE I'd like to add is that I am admitting that I have ran a family like this way in the past, and talking from experience this just isn't fun, it was hard to keep up with who was biologically related to who, who was adopted and how they fit into the family. Lore wise, it was a total disaster and I am glad I made the final choice to disband it after a short few months.

This is also just my opinion! Everyone is open to having their own so please be mindful to stay respectful when sharing :)

Last edited:

florestia

Level 43
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
There's already a rule on age restricted adopting, I believe. Don't quote me on it.
Yeah there is, you have to be 25+ but I more mean biological children, like there have been multiple cases of people having their character be something like 25 and have 3 biological children aged 18+

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I'm fine with this rule below but I disagree with quite literally everything else. My reason being is yes there needs to be realism in SRP, but it is still a fictional server. If we add too many restrictions players just won't want to play.

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
'4.5d Characters below the age of 20 cannot adopt or have children of their own' That is from the rules itself. I dont think the rule itself needs to be changed, But the part I do agree with is that Bio children need parents/guardians that are over X age

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+

Honestly what’s wrong with it? Did you get beaten up by a family of adopted children? I mean I’ve seen people be adopted by 25+ year olds at the age of 18. However I believe this is complete unneeded, I know it’s supposed to be ‘realistic’ meaning it can happen. However restricting FamilyRP etc I believe should only be restricted within ‘Crime FamilyRP’, restricting it the way your in about isn’t needed nor is it important it doesn’t affect RP etc. Overall I believe it is unnecessary, but necessary in Crime Families.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
C
'Families greater than 10 should be split into different relations such as Cousins, Uncles, Aunts (ect) rather than them all be siblings.'
This is already a thing with ACTUAL normal (realistic) families on SRP. I totally get you but I also understand that most people have already gotten used to this aspect of the server. How many children have walked up to my character begging to be adopted, and sometimes forcing themselves into my character’s life is a little ridiculous and pushy but I end up giving in. If we’re speaking biological children- I’m sorry to say that not everyone is good at maths ;pensive;

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN: atscarlett
DATE: 08/12/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I am pretty sure a suggestion like this has been made in the past but im not quite sure, either way I believe there needs to be a relook into this. But I am suggesting a stronger set of restrictions/rules to the way Adopting and FamilyRP works within the server. It goes without saying that FamilyRP is heavily performed by most of the SRP player base, with each player usually joining at least 1 or 2 with their time on SRP. However with this, it is creating many issues in regards to finding a sense of realism. There are a plethora of SRP families where I have seen the parent/s adopt over 20+ children, this also works with biological children lore wise. Even some in which the parent is between the age of 25-28. Now this may make perfect sense in the SRP world as it's something that has been normalised for a long time, however the server strives to achieve the most realism as possible, comparing it to the real world. How many 25 year olds have you met that have adopted over 20 18 to 22 year olds IRL?. I'm one for having fun and participating in big FamilyRPs however lets just make this realistic yeah? A way of working around this would be to split things up a little, like having different relations such as cousins, uncles, and aunts (ect). In my opinion, I just don't see the sense in having an army of children, if you wanted an organisation, just make one? There is no need to share the same last name. Speaking more on the age side of this, there has since been a rule implemented on adopting, meaning your character has to be at least over 25 to adopt. This was a great addition, however I do believe there should be something similar implemented on biological children. Yes, teen pregnancies do exist, I am well aware of that, but for example if lore wise, your character gives birth at the age of 16, and now their child is in Grade-12, so aged 18; The parent would be 34 (of course the situation would be different if their child was in grade 7-10). I have seen so many cases of people who play as 28-30 years old, who biologically have 4 kids who are aged between 18-20. It just doesn't make sense.

Listed below are the rules/restrictions that would/may be implemented.

'Parents should have a maximum of 10 children including adoptive and biological, as not to break realism.'

A few other things to add, if you have roles set in your families similar to the ones you see in Yakuza, please, just create a gang or a crime organisation. Typically no child would look up to their parents as some big mafia boss, and fear that their life is going to be taken if they don't follow a simple task given by their parents or in terms of some of these families 'Disobeying a command from a higher-up/head of family'. In relation to this, I have seen so many families with major social hierarchy systems that are just so complicated it becomes hyper unrealistic. Obviously there are some form of hierarchies in families, like having a grand-parent; they will clearly have more of a social standing within that family compared to an 18 year old, but you really just need to keep it as that. There is no need to split it up into Yakuza level roles. It gets too confusing and hard to keep track of. So please, if you have any appeal in creating a family like this, please just create a gang.

Now again, this is just a Minecraft RP server and things like this shouldn't really matter this much, but I feel like there is a point in which you draw the line of what is suitable and what is extremely unrealistic.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: As mentioned previously, this server strives to achieve realism, I believe these restrictions/rules or anything similar would do nothing but improve overall role-play.

ANOTHER NOTE I'd like to add is that I am admitting that I have ran a family like this way in the past, and talking from experience this just isn't fun, it was hard to keep up with who was biologically related to who, who was adopted and how they fit into the family. Lore wise, it was a total disaster and I am glad I made the final choice to disband it after a short few months.

This is also just my opinion! Everyone is open to having their own so please be mindful to stay respectful when sharing :)
+1

RP needs to be restricted, yes, it's fictional, but restrictions act as a guideline to promote good writing. I do not agree with the maximum of 10 children bit though, only because I could see interest writing come out of a family who somehow has like 20 kids and rps the hardships of parenthood. There have been well-written stories like it before, I think if the possibility for good writing is there, just leave it allowed. There are a lot of bad eggs, but there are also those who make it work.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
Most of these restrictions make sense; the current system when it comes to families is silly and doesn't really make good writing, in my opinion

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
+1
Most of these restrictions make sense; the current system when it comes to families is silly and doesn't really make good writing, in my opinion

BlossomRp

Level 5
BlossomRp
BlossomRp
Fundraiser+

I do not agree with trying to limit the aspect of adoption as long as the player is following the rule DarkEclipic stated above. While I understand adopting several kids can be seen as 'too much' or 'not realistic,' the roleplay isn't hurting anyone or negatively impacting the server, so why change it? If people are happy with their large families, why harm that? Now, the part with biological children, I agree with. The parent should be above X age if they are having biological children, though I think that would be a simple added sentence to the rules, the previous rules not needing to be edited or changed.

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
end of the day it’s a fictional setting, if there’s 20 quandales dead set on being quandales and not trolling, I don’t see why they can’t have the last name quandale

not particularly that deep; enforcing this staff-wise would be an absolute nightmare

elliot<3

Level 58
st4rl0v3r
st4rl0v3r
Omega+
Neutral, leaning towards +1

In a lot of families. . This won't change for much. A lot of the families on SRP are mainly just all siblings... Yet some siblings (mostly higher-ups; lead of families) hold that FearRP power or as stated before 'Mafia' power. Yet in some family lore, it would make some sense. [ EX; Most people in the family are adopted, the 'heads of the family' were put in charge of everyone by the parents. They were seen to be more mature and understood the type of role they were being given. They were chosen out of all of the adopted siblings for them to be this higher power; the more parent-like figure. ]

And with any families that I've seen with it being Mother/Father, then the kids, they often have multiple parental figures. (Even sometimes in certain families, having aunts and uncles with the shared last name and their kids holding the last name. It makes the family more realistic. But then you also have to realize; not everything can be realistic.)

Yet with having the birth children - it makes sense to have it be at least a certain age for the parents. . It makes sense, it adds to the realism.

If you go into a lot of families, where they aren't quite organized; so many people to where it gets confusing and there's nothing to say when a certain person was adopted, or when a certain person was born. Can get confusing, very fast.

But with how somebody stated this before...
not particularly that deep; enforcing this staff-wise would be an absolute nightmare
This would be INSANE to enforce by staff.

Users who are viewing this thread