Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
IGN: vnhkc or PolarLoLs
DATE: 11/10/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'm suggesting for a set age gap to be put in place for when a character wants to or is trying to adopt another character, for example, I've seen situations where 18yo characters are calling other characters the same age as the "Mom" or "Dad" or just saying that's their parent overall and it's common sense as to why this doesn't work even for SRP's logic, I feel like setting a specific age gap requirement would instantly fix this issue, like rule 18a "Characters below the age of 25 cannot partake in relationships with an age-gap beyond 3 years. Example: 24 year olds can be in a relationship between 21-27 year olds." but instead Characters below the age of 25 cannot adopt characters older than 16, that would be a 5-7 year gap in age but characters 25+ can adopt characters over 16 but under 20 or a rule something along those lines.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This will benefit the community by preventing most unwanted and illogical roleplay and would make a lot of SRP families make just a bit more sense

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1

I've seen people call 18-year-olds their grandparents or 15-year-olds call 18-year-olds their parents...
I wish I was joking

Synn

Level 6
I 100% agree, it’s unrealistic for an 18 year old to be the blood related parent of other 18 year olds ‍♂️

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega

+1
100% its very unlogical for characters age 18 to adopt or call another character of the same age mom or dad so this should be something that could be implemented next update​

geist

Level 9
cubismXD
cubismXD
Fundraiser
+1
I always thought it was kind of weird that 18 year olds had 15 to 16 year old kids, even if its adopted. I fully support this.

Rosiebug9067

Level 7
1+ I use to be apart of that kind of thing and honestly, I did not enjoy it at all. I was always so confused as to who was who. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the people that were in the "family" but the roleplaying just honestly made no sense. Thankfully, my char has an actual biological mother who is the correct age now. I fully support this! (No offense to the people who do that kind of rp <3)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+17 trillion & 1

Yes, just yes. The FamilyRP part of SRP Rules is very under detailed (if not basically lacking.), it needs more rules to make it better, just like what GangRP has had done to it in the past.
This rule in particular would be an amazing first attempt at this

+ The gap between parents age and children should be at least 16 years old.

si10k

Level 37
+1 Please It's annoying when this happens and it makes 0 sense. It is also difficult too for family connections for relations to look into. PLEASE make this a rule it is really annoying for when you have a tag for adult to be asked to be adopted.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1
I've quite literally seen 18-year-olds having "blood-related" kids, those blood-related kids are 18 as well. Along with the adoption thing, don't make sense for someone under 25 to be able to adopt.

Bootsymcmurphy

Level 42
+1
I've quite literally seen 18-year-olds having "blood-related" kids, those blood-related kids are 18 as well. Along with the adoption thing, don't make sense for someone under 25 to be able to adopt.
Fr i mean if you have to be 20 to drink/smoke/drive then you should be able to adopt around 25

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
+1
I met several 18 y/o kids having a daughter their same age, then saying "they're my biological child" and it's like how???? We need this implemented already.

Users who are viewing this thread