AFK Suggestion | OYOL

OYOL

Level 12
IGN:
OYOL

DATE:
25/1/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Instead of a player having 'AFK' written next to their player name, they should also be warped into an AFK room (like the tutorial room) automatically.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Firstly, this would remove the 'clutter' that AFK players make when they decide to just stand in the middle of a role-play scenario and AFK, and just taking up space and having loads of unresponsive players everywhere.

The only downside, which Toto stated when we discussed this, is that players could use this feature to avoidRP and break the rules in this way. I don't necessarily have a solution for this possible issue, but I do think that for the most this would be a great implementation for the server.​

Hirathex

Level 247
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

Even when you're actively roleplaying it's easy to get marked as AFK because of how the plugin works (From what I've been, and told the way it works won't be changed either) so you'd get sent to this room way more than necessary. I don't think having "clutter" is a big issue anyways

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

I went afk once simply sitting and watching my friend play basketball. I don't particularly want to get teleported to an afk room while watching my friends do something. Also if someone's sitting when they get teleported, it could end up with people getting stuck in the floor of the room because of how teleporting works.

ImYourGirlAubrey

Level 31
ImYourGirlAubrey
ImYourGirlAubrey
Omega+
whenever i’m typing long actions or sitting down and doing /mes i’ll get the afk thingy, sooo.. prob wouldn’t work too well

FadedMoonlight

Level 60
[-1]
There are many issues with this other than what you said (which seems to be a non-issue as clutter has never been an issue)

1: An entire class being TP'd to this new AFK room because you're supposed to sit in place for the entire period
2: People being TP'd while DetailRPing
3: Same as #1, but during court cases

And many more that I can't think of off the top of my head

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Warping AFK players would be a major nuisance, because then they would need to walk back to wherever they were previously, which is just tedious. The only way I could see this working is if instead of a warp, it's a kick to hub / off the network, and it wouldn't happen until MUCH longer after the player is marked as "AFK."

Though, the excess of AFK players isn't really that big of a deal. If you don't want to deal with them, roleplay in areas that aren't densely populated.

Angry

Level 31
GrrAngry
GrrAngry
Omega+
I love the idea and thought put into this suggestion, however I'm aaaalways being teleported while detailrping, even with trying to relax or something, I get marked afk a LOT.

plus the players all being crammed in one space could get laggy (I don't know about this but just feels like it could)

Barbie_

Level 26
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
I get AFK'ed whenever i sit at the front desk as a receptionist and it happens that nobody is really coming up or I get on when most players are asleep/at school. Getting tp'ed constantly somewhere else would be just a bother

robinzee

Level 21
robinzee
robinzee
Rich

See the above arguments against the inclusion of such a feature.

Also, this could very well be abused by people with criminal characters who currently have an arrest warrant out for them, with the police being unable to find them since they're in essentially another dimension.

Sashabelle

Level 34
sashabelle05
sashabelle05
Rich
IGN:
OYOL

DATE:
25/1/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Instead of a player having 'AFK' written next to their player name, they should also be warped into an AFK room (like the tutorial room) automatically.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Firstly, this would remove the 'clutter' that AFK players make when they decide to just stand in the middle of a role-play scenario and AFK, and just taking up space and having loads of unresponsive players everywhere.

The only downside, which Toto stated when we discussed this, is that players could use this feature to avoidRP and break the rules in this way. I don't necessarily have a solution for this possible issue, but I do think that for the most this would be a great implementation for the server.​

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
-1 no. There is certain situations where people don't move around because they are typing and it's not a really needed process to move, as in detailed roleplay situations solely using /me (which actions do not count towards the AFK filter, only regular chat) too much of a hassle and like what others have said above

Acroy

Level 28
[-1]
Personally I don't want to be teleported out of class because I don't get up every few minutes to move from my seat.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread