Level 99
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
IGN: Veganlaser

DATE:
4/11/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Just a simple suggestion to make it possible for players to apply for ages over 18 because you have to apply
for a job just to become a specific age and not everyone is going to have the time or patience to do so because most of the job apps are very long and require a lot of detail and most players would only need the job for a certain age and most people on the server right now are 18 and everyone being 18 for some reason kinda ruins the rp but that is just my opinion and maybe just make the adult age app format similar to the language app format short and simple but requires a bit of effort but not too much effort.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
It’s. A. School. Roleplay.

If you want to be over 18, simply take the next test for college. You can apply for a job, Its really not that hard. If you’re over 18, you’ll most likely not be in high school, you’ll be an adult (unless in college). Once again, this is a SCHOOL roleplay, why would you need to be older? You take an exam to get into college, then you’re older. But simply wanting this just because you are basically too lazy to write an application is very interesting. I’m just saying, if you want to be older, apply for a job. Applying for adult would ruin the whole point of the adult role, It’s meant to be hard to get.

As I have previously mentioned, you could easily take the next available exam for college. I do get what you’re saying though, It can be making long applications, but you have to do what you have to do.

Gunna!

Level 99
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
"But simply wanting this just because you are basically too lazy to write an application is very interesting"

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
"But simply wanting this just because you are basically too lazy to write an application is very interesting"
the word “you” wasn’t specifically meant by you, i meant to everyone. now please, don’t start an argument, that was my feedback.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Interesting idea, indeed, but I will have to disagree with it. SchoolRP, as the name itself says, is focused on the school experience, rather than CityRP. If we were to allow people to apply for the Adult tag, the amount of high schoolers would be considerably lowered, and the Academics faction, which is supposed to be the most active and the one with the most players would be significantly smaller. It would also remove the purpose of applying for jobs and working for 3 months until you can get the adult tag, as well as the college progression system, where you'd need to reach the PhD role to be able to drop out of college

Finally, it would also not make much sense to apply to be an "adult". Think about it; what questions would you place? "What must an Adult behave like?" wouldn't be valid, since I believe we can agree that, in most circumstances, Adults are engaged in some sort of gang activity, or something along those lines

Thanks for the suggestion, though

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+

You just contradicted your entire suggestion with me the argument for the suggestion. You stated that most people don’t want to apply for a job because it’s very long and requires detail yet you stated before that, that people should apply to be an adult. Take in the scenario if did get accepted (which it won’t) and you had to apply for an adult age. 10 times out of 10 I’m definitely sure it would end up being a very long app that requires detail like your argument stated.

Did you also know that if you did get a job, the minimum to work before quitting in order to stay an adult is 2-3 months? Not only are the chances of getting the adult rank like you desire to get are high but you also get a quick pay check for doing your job right. That’s an easy win for you. If you’re making this suggestion to complain on behalf of yourself because you don’t want to take the time to make an app, then yes, that’s just being lazy. Though if you’re struggling with portions of it, you can always ask for help from a person that has the job. It’s totally acceptable.

Rebel

Level 53

This wouldn't seem as fair for some people, if they had this jobs would decrease and the staff members that look at the applications for the job might not have much to do anymore, and this is also a School based Roleplay not City Roleplay based at all. The staff members really wouldn't have nothing to do if they removed the job applying part to be an adult as people would apply for adult not for the job itself, so that would be the downfall if this was accepted.

Vinni

Level 18
This is a school roleplay, you must earn your way into being an adult instead of just writing an app and getting accepted, its you write an application for an adult job and work your way into earning adult, which means you apply for a job, get accepted, and work for it for around 2 - 3 months then you can get the role. It takes time, effort, and knowledge to get the role.

If there was an adult application everyone would be applying and it would get quite annoying for staff to go through with the applications, it would be better to just stay with the applications we have now, until there is something new that pops up.

This is a School roleplay, not a City roleplay and if people could just apply for adult, it defeats the entire purpose of School roleplay and basically no one would be in school by then since so many people would apply for adult. If there was an adult application, the amount of people who would be putting all the detail possible into their applications to get the adult role would be crazy and there would be barely any Teachers, Professors,
etc. There would be a very small amount of high schoolers and college students also.

It would also been really unfair for the people who have worked hard for their adult role and have actually put months or weeks into earning their adult role, it would also not be fair for people who are doing jobs now trying to earn the adult role, for that time to go to waste for just an adult application to show up out of no where and for all that time and effort for the jobs they have done to go down the drain.

It may be cool to have an application to be an adult, but its just not fair to others who worked as hard as they do now to get the adult role, so I will have to disagree with this.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

you shouldn't have to waste everyones time for a few months just to then quit when your elegible for adult rank.
this is one of the reasons ppl be adopting kids at like age 19 or having their teen characters get pregnant, i get its not schoolrp but like it solves a whole lotta issues srp has to just allow the few who want to be an adult y'know!! be an adult

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega

The idea of being able to leave school at a high age will be a possibility soon either way with the new College System. A age app system, no. I think it speaks for itself above

crea

Level 14
I KNOW- alot of people have said it already but it just contradicts the way SCHOOLrp works- if you were wanting to become an adult or do more cityrp you can just apply for a city role you are most passionate about​

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
+1 / -1

Guys, hear me out. I'm pretty sure schoolrp has gone through where it's been a lot more expandable now. Which is why the +1 is there, but the -1 is there is because I doubt the execution would be any good. I personally wouldn't mind more adults, schoolrp has been more than 'schoolrp' for like a year now. However, there just isn't any point cause i dont see how the… fnfinalized thing would look good

Users who are viewing this thread