Ahimotu

Level 27
Ahimotu
Ahimotu
Omega+
loreteamstuff-min.png

IGN:

Ahimotu

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

ahimotu

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

Yes, I do. I just feel more comfortable not to speak, but I will be present to eventual meetings and such.

Your time zone and current country of residence:

CET, Italy.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

None, this is the first time applying for anything of the sort.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes, I do. I'll try to keep upholding impeccable activity, and mostly maintain a positive attitude.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

Writer's block

In recent times, I've been working on my character's biography (Asami Jaibatsume), and although I do happen to have all the information in my mind, sometimes I find myself unable to generate the output. Same thing happened with some minor stories in her biography which I wanted to add without being too absurd or breaking character, it was hard so I decided to take a break from it until further inspiration.

School

School in Italy is especially tough and stressful, although I try to keep up the activity, there might be times when school will have me busy for a few days, but nothing too concerning.

Health

Mostly during winter, I usually get sick. I caught a fever three times only in December, this is the most mild obstruction though, as most of the time even when I do, I'm still able to work on the team.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

There are a lot of elements that make me passionate. First off: literature. Although I'm not from an English-speaking country, we happen to be taught English literature, along with Italian literature (which inspired a lot the way I write, even in English surprisingly), and reading through poems and prose I was fond of the meaning behind everything. I stumbled upon rhetorical devices and figures of speech, which I've studied in depth at school, so I remember a few of them. And to be fair, it might've been the techniques developed during centuries that have taught me how impactful and important they were. I think the most peculiar thing about any type of text should be the enigma behind it. That's what has mostly thrilled me - the mystery. If I have to write something as such, I like using metaphors, or zeugmas. Though, different devices can be implemented for informational kinds of writing. So the reason I'm passionate about writing is being able to create a sense of involvement, playing with words to arouse the reader. In a more centred way, SchoolRP's lore has also made me more passionate. It's incredible how much you see daily on the server, and the lore behind it that usually the player tends to skip by. But whenever I saw something present at a certain location, I realised that there must've been a story behind it. Recently, I've been reading a few lore threads to grasp an idea of what I would be capable of writing. Most of what I've seen fits what I enjoy doing, giving a meaning to something, narrating tales. I've been a player of the server for six years now, and I've "lived" the written lore on the server in a certain sense, obviously excluding non-serverwide stories.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

I do, but few. I remember writing a few biographies here and there, and as I already mentioned, I'm working on this 'project' which would be my character's biography. It's sort of meant to narrate the story in a different way than you'd usually see. You could define it as an autobiography, in a sense. As I had mentioned in the "Writer's block" section in a previous question, the main reason I'm not continuing it is because I need to organise every event in my mind and elaborate the output without breaking character. The main point of that biography is to attribute life to the story, and not make it a plain explanation of what happened. Why did I find this to be more effective? The enigma. I figured out that making your character narrate the story is an effective way to cut pieces of information from the diary. Essentially, if you set the story in a first-person narrative, your character doesn't always see the truth. Some things might've been interpreted, seen, or believed things mistakenly that in reality were not factual. That creates the atmosphere to engulf the reader. "Why did this happen?" or "Is this how things really were?" would be the most common questions. This is a technique I learned, and it's called intradiegetic narrative, which I find to be quite nice if you're writing 'lore' or even a tale of an entire bracket, per se.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

In my own words: giving meaning to something. Anything, and I actually mean anything. Take a rock for example. Whatever you explain about that rock is lore. Now that is a feasible example, but it gets to the point. The reason that it's not easy for me to elaborate on the definition of lore, is because of the vast amounts of types you can find. Direct, folklore, hypothetical, or implicative. I find these to be good examples to categorise lore. Direct lore would simply be the lore of an artifact that by itself is already explained, or has been proved to be of those origins. Direct lore can be mostly used for public, official text. Good examples are historical monuments, or papers that have been found and documented, so there's an undeniable source of its provenance. Folklore is the lore told by the people. These can be made-up stories, or tales lived by someone whose word is the only proof of its existence. This element is quite hard to find written, and if it is nowadays, it's been tampered with or misinterpreted and caused damage to its fundamental meaning. Hypothetical lore is a means used to give a potential story to something. For example, some relics that are nowadays found and researched have been given assumptions to its origin, as there was no direct document that links it to a story. Very close to this, and maybe more commonly found is the implications made in the lore. For example, when you find something that belongs to a certain period, for example an ancient sword, you cannot state for certain that it's been used in battle, or if it's just a ceremonial sword. Hence why, based on the factual information of that period, someone can imply the meaning of the subject. There are many other types of lore, hence why I summed it up as 'giving a meaning to something', because there's an immense world behind the things you see today, that you cannot define it as one.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(1098 words, excluding the title, including the last grey sentence)

"Lost, not gone."
They met again. Who, you may ask? A mythological creature that represented a messenger of Inari Ōkami ─ nicknamed "Kitsa" by humans ─ and the college student: Asami Jaibatsume. Their gazes met, before initiating an awkward conversation. This entity was tasked to be the soul seeker of the human realm, carrying the misfortunes to the Shinto hell (Yomi). Disaffected by this, Asami decided to claim repair for the inconveniences caused. "How do you intend to make up for what you've done to my wife?"

The spirit had sensed her loud resentment. "A wish. I can grant you a wish." the kitsune spoke detachedly "What do you desire? Fame? Fortune?" The young woman was unable to believe it. She, however, unhesitantly spoke, albeit expecting no return. "I want Mee-young to be safe. Safe from any possible death caused outside of her will." The spirit had appearingly granted this wish, for the foreseeable consequences that later on would've impacted the two's... tragedy. The kitsune had found use to the shrine, gathering allies for the true purpose of her presence. The terrorising Hwan Jaibatsume. Her biggest mistake.

Despite the benevolent wish granted by the kitsune, the young woman remained unforgiving, leading her to strive to learn how to kill it. However, there was a moment of peace between the two. Alas, this was none other than an exaggeration. Asami had suffered an injury from another spirit, which the nine-tailed kitsune healed as a favour. A truce was unspokenly formed, but quickly broken by the impending pranks of the kitsune.

A threat, or perhaps, a signal was suddenly caught by another entity. “Asami, come.” The voice of the unknown spirit spread across the cave, the sound of running water relaxing the tension. The young woman found herself at the entrance of this cave, her orbs being met by another nine-tailed fox spirit, a fragment of “Kitsa” she met. “Hana?” Asami realised its presence, giving a chance to listen to Hana’s justifications. Their voices exchanged feeble words, but they convinced Asami. It wasn’t easy to make something out of the conversation. In the end, both of them came to an agreement. For now.

A loud voice inflamed the monastery grounds. That, shockingly only a few days later, was Asami. The kitsune had a little of their usual entertainment after the female upkept a passive-aggressive behaviour, except that they had taken it to the “next level”. Enshrouded by a small crowd, “Kitsa” morphed Asami to have apparent feline ears, a mere illusion, altering portraits of her apartment residence as well. The fire, gradually being fed more fuel, was at risk of explosion. Stop…

“Where am I?” A female’s voice, gloomy by the murkiness of the small room she was teleported into.

A figure appeared, it was Mee-young. “Asami? Where are you?”

The young woman, who appeared then to be Asami was frozen, her eyes wide open.

…“Asami?”...

Hana, the fragment, decided to take drastic measures to halt the young, ruthless woman by showing a hypothetical scene of her wife finding out about her death. It had stopped her aggressive behaviour for good, causing her to distance from the shrine altogether.

One day, Asami was exploring the forests when an unknown spirit offered a deal to kill the kitsune. Asami promptly refused, strangely. She informed “Kitsa”, conflicted by her inner morality, but she didn’t know this would lead to… ”This land where the sun rises, a piece of the sky falls upon its name, walls bound by memory and mortal beings…” The kitsune chanted the familiar words. “Wait-” The female was interrupted, as the demi-god continued. “...ties cut to sever one's connections and untie the depths they have been restrained to…”, Asami quickly began stepping back, a futile move to the kitsune advancing. The words from the fox spirit suddenly rose to its peak. “These are the words that mark the ties which bound us by fate and I now intend to cut you free-”

STOP!

To that, the mythological entity had come to a halt, in surprise of such fervour. The determination prompted her to make a deal instead. “Talking about it makes it stronger.” “Kitsa” stated, ordering total secrecy. A bond of trust was formed between the two, one that interchangeably wasn’t going to be broken. Or so, it seemed.

A few weeks later, the kitsune presented itself to the shrine, while exploring a few of their weaponry options to Sho, but the now maiden Asami, was also present. She chose not to interfere. That’s until a sword was displayed, the Jaibatsume sword, which immediately caused traumatic memories Asami had forgotten to flood back, causing a PTSD event within her. Once dealt, she immediately fled the scene in embarrassment.

The female found herself in a familiar cave, again. “Asami, come.” She knew the pattern. This time, escalation was imminent. The moment Hana had spoken, a strained shout came from the human female. “WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY, I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR EXCUSES!” Pain, and fury was painted all over her desperate figure. The conversation was over quicker than Hana would’ve wanted, leaving the matter unresolved.

The kitsune was alarmed, when she found out that the female’s death date had jumped from decades to months. She chose to spy her. Asami Jaibatsume was talking to Sho Hirobayashi in the shrine’s basement, informing him that she would take the deal from The Chained One. “You know, I didn’t know you’d resort to dying, just because you want to aimlessly punish me.” The fox appeared, and before anyone could reply, she continued. “Since I’m the source of all your misfortunes, I’m going to leave. I hope that solves it.”

A quiet voice erupted. “...I loved you, Tamashi. And you feared loving me, because of your ‘curse’, right?” she stared, her eyes shimmering, caused by liquid diamonds. “You had no excuse to make me live that trauma… I know that I’m a failure, but you have no right to remind me that I failed the only blessing I had in my pathetic life.” Tears quickly rained onto the Asami’s cheeks, the interlocutor. Sho was too immersed into listening to speak.

“It was not my intention to. I’m sorry that I did that to you. Since I’m evidently the issue here, I’m leaving, and I’m not coming back. Enjoy your life, Asami.” ‘Tamashi’ replied, before turning to take the leave.

A hint of regret came from Asami, which was quickly interrupted. “You don’t have to-”

“What choice do I have?” A melancholic ending, before the kitsune vanished from their sight.

“I guess she’s my biggest mistake now.”

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(650 words, excluding the title)

“Your Worst Fear.”

"...what bad can it be?" A first female spoke.

"I don't know... I don't like ─ that place. You shouldn't go." A second one followed.

The two females, who were nothing more than average college students, quietly stormed in the middle of that quiet night, that brought no solace to their adventure, embarking on a risky and dubious path. The first young woman was marching solemnly towards the spiralling darkness of the forest, while the second kept a reluctant pace while following the unmatched girl in front of her. No, it didn't resemble the Ochiba Forest as one may assume, the location which they spoke. The sounds of their footsteps ─ no. It wasn't the tough, rough tapping of the concrete. It was a whisper. They were walking on sand. Quickly interrupted by the familiar sound of contrastingly hard footsteps, they had taken a route. They found themselves at the entrance of a smaller forest, the one next to the beach, located in the southern Itsbyoshi area. Dimly lit by a few lanterns, it was a nice hang out spot, but ahead was the crippling terror of their vision. Darkness.

"Don’t-" the second female spoke, addressing the first’s imprudent actions indirectly. The first fiercely cut her off. "I'm going to prove to you that there's nothing to worry about." a citation for later, and the doom of the second girl. The two, after brief arguments, chose to proceed. The paralysing world had forgotten the external environment, and its light. The confident female arrived at the end of the forest, where a small, broken hut was present, and in an equal state a mouldy well. "See? There's nothing." She turned to meet her friend’s gaze. Her eyes froze, she began looking around with a stoic concern. She was missing. The girl carefully examined the area behind her, scanning for anything. Her face contorted with sheer confusion. Having turned once again, she was met by the gaze of something, humanoid, wearing unusual clothing and an animal face, disguised as a mask due to the deep hues of the darkness.

The spirit spoke, their voice echoing through the agitated sound of a heartbeat. "You should've listened to her." Its head tilted in an unnatural way, giving away that they were everything but human. The college student quickly inquired in a frantic tone. "Who are you…? Have you done anything to my friend!?"

A voice, once again. She disregarded the second question. "I'm your worst fear." With this, however, the figure had answered both her questions unbeknownst to her, and before she knew, it had dissolved in front of her. A scream of terror caused the girl to jolt her head up. The apparently missing girl was being chased in this entity’s circus, waking up in this new world in which she found herself stuck. The plea in her voice resounded in the restricted perimeter of the forest, allowing that present soul to hear, but be unable to act, or find solution. It was an illusion, played by this supernatural entity to frighten both of the females just for their personal entertainment, playing with what those two feared the most. The female was running in an infinite loop, with no exit, as her desperate cries resulted in vain. The spirit had already seen through both of the girl’s fears. The second girl’s danger… was the first girl’s biggest fear. It was like killing two birds with one stone. Making the first be unable to save the second, who was endlessly haunted by the malevolent ghost.

The torture was finally over when those two reunited, The first college student had found the second laying down ─ a missing shoe to her foot, and ripping to her clothes ─ but that was unnoticed, as they quickly hurried away from the infested grounds. The two moved on, forgetting such events had happened. That spirit was “The Trickster”.

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
PENDING
Thank you for applying. After a discussion with the team, it was decided for you to be put on pending. This was due to competition during this wave of applications. Feel free to edit your application for the next time we check, or remove your application. In the meantime, feel free to work on your application and update it!

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question.​

Users who are viewing this thread