mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied alli's lore team application

alli

Level 20

IGN: ekusutashi.

What is your discord name and tag?: alli#0927.

What is your timezone/What country are you from?: My timezone would be in Central Standard, and I live in the United States.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?: I do, and it currently works perfectly.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?: I do acknowledge that, however, if I were to go inactive for a short period I would inform the coordinator immediately.

What makes you different from other applicants?: I believe one noted reason is that I have slight experience in what the lore team does as I experienced it myself for a short while. While I didn’t exactly leave in the best way, I do still have a clear memory of the lore team, what it does, and I have a few ideas of how the team itself works.
Another thing that I believe makes me different from other applicants is the fact that as I work on my writing whilst in my free time, I believe that shows dedication towards whatever I’m writing. I am also confident enough in my writing capabilities to produce quality lore once I start working on whatever I am assigned. I am also great at adaptability, so I’m positive I’ll be able to adapt my writing style to one that’s more fit for writing lore.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?: Well, I was previously in the lore team before, however, due to complications and issues on my end I had decided to leave SchoolRP. I do acknowledge I should’ve notified a staff member, but at the given time I had believed that the senior admins within the team wouldn’t have seen my message and as I messaged one of the… I suppose elder lore team members about my absence, they would’ve told someone to remove me from the roster and such in the lore team channel. However, that is still my mistake.
While I don’t have much more experience regarding lore itself, as quarantine has left me with much free time on my hands I started working more on my writing style and such, along with other stuff relating to literature but I don’t consider it relevant enough to discuss. As it slowly became a relaxing free time to me I began to work on it nearly every day, quite a lot when I’m not on the server or doing other things concerning my OOCly life.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1
A breathtaking sunrise and a loud alarm would be what awoke the brunette from her slumber. Despite her tired state, she forced herself out of bed, reading the clock, the time being 5:27 in the morning. Nari Chidouin was never really a morning person she despised him, but unless she was willing to deal with a fine from the police she had to get out of the bed for the week at least. While she adored the school she went to, the mornings before it began seemed always hellish to her.

She would go on with her morning routine, brushing her teeth then taking a shower after. They helped to wake her up, and they always left her feeling relaxed later. After she dried her hair, brushed it, and fixed some of the curls within it, she applied all that she deemed was necessary which would be a light shade of pink lipstick and a soft pink blush. Next, she would begin to dress in her uniform, applying her favorite blue hair bow after.

After she finished with her appearance she made her way downstairs to check the clock. The time read 6:21, meaning she at least had around an hour before she had to walk to school. She would prepare her breakfast along with her lunch simultaneously, both cuisines being Japanese themed. She would then make a cup of coffee with quite a bit of French vanilla creamer. She always loved how sweet it made a bitter beverage.

Once finished with her first meal of the day, she cleaned up the kitchen and began to pack her bag. First, she’d pack her notebooks, gym uniform along with a few books that she loved to read in her free time, makeup, her lunch, and… other hygienic products, just in case. Next, she would begin to pack up a duffle bag with her basketball uniform, the sleeves that go along with it along with a towel, water hydro flask, and a basketball of her own. Y’know, in case the one provided by the gym was used like it often was.

She slung the duffle bag over her shoulder, holding her school bag with her other hand as she stepped out of her apartment, shutting and locking the door behind her. She made her way down through the elevator onto the bottom floor, exiting the apartments. She walked through the shopping district, eyes glancing at each shop window as she became more curious about what was inside every shop. She hadn’t lived in Karakura for long and not many shops open frequently so she’s only seen the inside of a select few, but even then they’re crowded enough so it remains difficult to look around properly.

She continued on her path towards the school gates as she reached into the pocket of her sweater, pulling out her flip-phone. She opened it, checking the time listed in the top right corner. It read 7:26 and said time gave her a small knot of worry. The school didn’t officially start at 7:30, however, to her, it was always nice to get there to prevent any bother from officers. She began to speed up her pace, soon a regular walk to nearly sprinting.

Luckily she made it to the school right as it opened, breathing a sigh of relief. She stepped in, back at a regular walking pace as she made a left to sit against a rock, setting both bags down in her lap as she inhaled deeply, holding the breath in for a short while before exhaling it out. It was nice to relax, especially after a short run. She reached into her bag as she pulled out a book with a velvet colored bookmark in between a few pages, setting it in her lap as she opened it to where she previously left off.

It wasn't long until she completely got enraptured in the story, her focus from the real world swiftly drifting away as she read further and further into the story, her attention no longer being on the school around her, not even a sliver, it was only directed on the story she would not remove her eyes from. That is until she heard a familiar bell coming from the direction of the school. She sighed and placed her bookmark on her current page, shutting the book as she stuffed it in her bag.

She slung her bag over her shoulder alongside her duffle bag as she made her way into the school building. As classes didn't seem to start for another hour or two and as she already ate breakfast, perhaps she could work out in the weight room if nobody was there, and as an alternative, she could go finish reading or she could continue writing. Maybe she could practice a bit with basketball too, she could use more practice on throwing the ball at certain distances.

She hummed to herself as she shrugged, "Hm… perhaps I could stick with writing today. I'd rather not bump into the jocks and usually around morning people are using the basketball court." she said to nobody but herself as she took a right turn to make her way up the stairs and onto the second floor. She turned her head to look at the peony flowers as she walked past the next flight of stairs. She always wondered if those could be fake or real plants, but currently, she'd stick with them being real.

She halted in her steps as she sat down on the bench under said flight of stairs. She set both bags on the left of her, opening her school bag as she pulled out her laptop. She’d sigh as she looked around the floor, once seeing nobody in sight she set the laptop onto her lap, opening it. She powered it on as she leaned back in the bench, frowning to herself. Being a college student, or a student, in general, was quite boring and having the same routine every single day was boring as well. Most of the excitement was from practice or taking part in… some kind of event or party, but even then those were rare.

She glanced off to the left, seemingly just staring at the nearby wall. Being in this city felt almost isolating, desolate, almost even ominous once that fact was realized. All she could do most of the time was attend classes, write, practice her sport, work out, read- however that’s all she could do. She had friends but they were at times busy with their own thing, or a separate group. Nari groaned as she turned off her laptop, slamming it shut as she stuffed it in her bag after. She was going to do something completely risky, something that would induce a wave of anxiety, but she was going to be reckless for once.

She stood up from the bench as she grabbed both of her bags and sprinted towards the school’s back gates. She took a moment to look around, halting in her tracks. Once nobody seemed to be near the area, she rushed out of the gate and immediately ran towards the haunted forest as fast as her legs would go. She didn’t want to be spotted so she had to be swift and careful. As long as no snitch or adult saw her out of school grounds, she would be fine.

She gripped both of her bags tightly, her knuckles appearing to be almost white due to how tightly they were grasping said bags. She felt anxiety build up in the pit of her stomach. A part of her was just scolding herself, reprimanding her, and telling her to head back inside the school before she got caught. However, another part of her was encouraging this behavior, to get her to explore and investigate, to rebel every once in a while. And she picked that side.

She glanced through a small hole within the wall, humming as she looked down at the two bags in each hand. They looked like they could at least fit in without anything being damaged, hopefully, while she attempts to go over the wall. She’d first shove her duffle bag in, luckily without complication, shoving her school bag in after. She prayed nothing got broken or damaged in the bags.

She turned around, her eyes glancing up at a tree. Perhaps she could try to climb it and get over the wall that way. Or she could try to get in through the maze of course but she'd prefer to be near her bags. She planted her feet on the root of the tree, grabbing onto a stable branch with another, huffing as she hoisted herself up as she grabbed another branch a bit higher up, planting her feet in another area. She continued climbing until she was at the top, her arms trembling. She couldn't get over the fence last time she did this, but she had to try again.

She took a deep breath and jumped towards the top of the fence, slinging her arms over it however once making an impact with the top of the wall, it completely knocked the breath out of her lungs, her ribs slamming against the stone. She winced as she gasped for air, wheezing a tad bit as she groaned. Nonetheless, she was going to try and continue to make her way over the fence. She swung her leg over the wall, using the support from all three limbs to roll her on the top of the wall. Luckily, she made it.

She sat up and jumped down onto the flat grass, looking around. The forest seemed a bit different in the sunlight, however, it remained terrifying to her. She grabbed both bags from the ground and slung one over her shoulder as she continued to hold the other in her hand. She took a few small steps, almost unsure of what she was doing, however, she couldn't back out much now.

She walked towards the direction of a small camp-like set with somewhat destroyed buildings. She had been here previously and almost got arrested as a result, however, luckily she got away with the other people she was with and there were no repercussions. She continued to look around from tree to tree, at every strange sign and web. She figured those might've been just decorations from a Halloween party or such as one was hosted here before.

She halted in her tracks once she made it to the campsite. She was confused honestly. Why was the forest closed due to some silly legend about a spirit within the forest? Many houses were claimed haunted and whilst some honestly weren’t, the chance of a house being legitimately haunted was possible. Unless of course, the spirit wasn't friendly… perhaps she would leave it alone for now.

Nari explored a bit, taking note of yet more strange… decor around the site along with the strange clock tower. The time being false wasn't much to think about, but the time is different on so many other sides was concerning a bit, or perhaps that was just her paranoia. Nari jumped at the sound of what appeared to be two men's voices in the distance. If it was who she thought it would be, she would be in deep trouble.

She ran back towards the wall as her breathing began to pick up. She shoved both bags out of another hole within it, looking around hurriedly for a tree or something to climb upon. She began to panic as her heart continued to race alongside her rapid breathing. Once she couldn't find anything quick enough, it induced absolute panic. She had an idea though, perhaps she could try hiding under the floorboards in one of the said buildings.

She ran towards the nearest building with many broken floorboards, luckily. She hid under one as she laid down on her side, curling up in what almost was a fetal position. As unsafe and uncomfortable as she felt, she couldn't risk being spotted no matter what. She held her breath as she shut her eyes, attempting to calm down her rapid breathing and heart rate. The voices seemed to get closer and closer, her heart rate picking up once again. However, she felt like it completely stopped when she heard the floorboards from above her creaking, almost like someone was above her.

She kept her mouth shut as she began to tremble. She didn't know why she was so scared, she got a pretty good place to hide. If anything she should be worried about some pesky high schoolers stealing her bags on the other side of the wall. If those got stolen she would be deeply upset, however not even the thought outweighed the panic she felt for herself. This seemed to be a very bad idea. Not only had she possibly damaged her ribs, but she was under floorboards and about to get caught.

She waited for a few brief moments until the creaking from the floorboards was gone, however, that wasn't enough to move her. She wanted to have a guarantee that the voices and such were gone, meaning she would have to hide a tad longer. The feeling of panic was soon accompanied by irritation. Perhaps she should've stuck with traveling the sewers, that would've been less risky then this, or perhaps she should have just remained in school in the first place.

Writing prompt #2
Nari Chidouin was born as a lone child on the date July 3rd, 2001 in Moriguchi, Japan. She grew up in a fairly loving household, surrounded by two parents. Her strong-willed mother who worked at a company who quickly climbed the ladder, and her loving father who had owned his floral shop. Nari soon grew to admire her two guardians as she grew up. They were so determined, dedicated, confident, and caring for their family and others. She wanted to develop those qualities herself if possible.

As both of Nari’s parents worked, for most of her youth until she was around 11-12-years old, she was watched by those both of her parents seemed trustworthy, however, if they couldn’t find anyone available she would be taken with her father to his Floral Shop. It was a bit difficult raising the child at times, however, she didn't seem to not listen to them, she never made any mistakes or misbehaved once, her mother even claims she passed childhood with flying colors.

Once she met her years of a preteen, on random days she'd come with her father to his Floral Shop to help out with activities such as caring for the plants, decorating the shop, and she honestly thought that was pretty fun. She grew into a small hobby of drawing so she'd often sketch flowers at the shop if she wasn't busy so she could occupy herself with something new. Although she probably wasn't the greatest, she was still attempting.

Whilst growing up, Nari also met a few friends that stuck with her throughout her childhood. Both were the same age her, and despite all coming from somewhat similar backgrounds, they remained as close as they could be. There were no secrets, no lies, no double-crossing within the group, only genuine friendship. Nari felt lucky to have these types of friends, no matter how small the group was. She will treasure them in her heart forever.

She and her friends always stuck with each other through thick and thin, never splitting apart permanently. Of course, they’d have a few quarrels here and there, but she understood that friendships may have those at times; it was always made clear to her that those quarrels would never break their group, luckily. For now, at least.

Like most girls at Nari’s age, they develop a crush for a girl or boy, and she had one for sure on a boy she befriended around a year ago. They grew pretty close with her small friend group, and Nari considered them to have a pretty tight bond. They were just like best friends, and sadly taking a chance for love with it being a best friend can be risky, but she was determined that not even a silly crush would tear their friendship apart if they were to enter a relationship she was positive that it would help it grow stronger. At least that’s what she thought for a while.

Whilst Nari was hanging out with one of her friends, they confessed they had feelings for a boy for a while and were considering confessing to them. She was happy for her friend and questioned who the lucky boy was, to which she got an answer that tore her apart. The boy Nari had grown so close with and grew to love, was the boy her friend also had her eyes on. Nari was immediately conflicted at that moment. She cared about her friend group deeply, but she also cared about him.

She was scared that her confronting her feelings to both her friend and the boy would create inevitable conflicts down the road, so she masked the genuine pain she felt by smiling and helping out both of her dear friends with a developing relationship, to which a few months later she had learned of them entering one. It almost hurt, not physically of course, but the emotional pain was so much to where she was almost driven to tears. She didn’t want to show it though.

She continued to go on with her life as if nothing was wrong, that she was happy for both of her friends and to an extent she was, but she felt nothing but remorse and regret. But she shouldn’t dwell on something that was her problem, it was her fault for not confronting her feelings when she had the chance, why should she even feel upset at the sight of her two friends happily living their lives with each other. She had to leave it be.

Despite this though, Nari would continue to remain in her small group, even if she felt a tad upset, she wouldn’t let that destroy her friendship either. She would hold her head high, overcome some silly schoolgirl crush, and live her life to the fullest. She would continue with studying for exams and such for school, helping her father out at his shop and overall just continue with her daily life.

Eventually, the time came for the girl where she would need to apply to a university. As she was outstanding with her grades and test scores, she believed she had a fair chance of achieving her goal to attend a college within a small town located in Japan. That certain town would be none other than the interesting Karakura town. She was not only interested in pursuing her studies there, but she would be lying if the thought of investigating said town’s secrets would be enjoyable.

She immediately filled out an application along with a letter to the colleges’ Dean and sent it over as soon as she was done, not taking a moment to waste. However, what she wasn’t looking forward to was saying goodbye to all her friends and family. She was going to miss them all dearly as they all made it clear they were going to miss her as well. Moving to Karakura would hurt, and there’d be no doubt that she would feel homesick, but she was positive that someday she would come back to her hometown. Without looking back, she was soon on her way to Karakura.

NukaRndz

Level 53
Denied

Though your application was well constructed, and we appreciate the effort you put in. We as a team overall agreed that your writing is very repetitive and generally begins with the same word, we'd like to see more creativity.

- You are allowed to apply again in the future when spots on the team are open.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread